Kraton What's a good strong Savox servo for the Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spacer you'll need is 6mm. I did the servo plate mod with the 30mm Axial spacers and the 1230 clears perfectly. I do have a lower clearance clamping servo horn too.

Attachments

• 20170103_083640.jpg
    20170103_083640.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Spacer you'll need is 6mm. I did the servo plate mod with the 30mm Axial spacers and the 1230 clears perfectly. I do have a lower clearance clamping servo horn too.

You have a link to that Servo horn?

I'll second the request for a link to that servo horn. I see all the axial horns, but an not sure which one to get. HHo long is it from the center of the servo hole to the outer hole?

Well crap guys! I got that horn three years ago! Not sure they make it anymore. I can measure it later. The arrma red ones for the Nero are similar, but don't clamp.

Well... it sure looks a badass plus it's proven to fit and work in a Kraton for that monster of a 500oz/in servo... no need for more!:D

Thanks!
So by some miracle, I found it on eBay! Search for item number 172461047710. There are 9 available!

Thank you very much... I just ordered the same arm. I'll have to get all the parts here before I figure out the length of the 4 posts.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about packing the 1230 with low viscosity non conductive type of grease if it has no gaskets. I've seen it done on a few vids but never bothered with it myself. has anyone here tried it ? I just got done coating my Lipo alarm in liquid electrical tape. All except the little speakers. It got splashed with some water and stopped working... once it dried... it works fine. That got me thinking about the 1230 servo. It looks real easy to pack them with grease. The aluminum case should still dissapate heat especially if the grease conducts heat also.

I wander were to find similar servo for size and torque but waterproof ootb...

I just need water resistant. Maybe some grease and a o ring under the arm. Then keep the servo up off the chassis a little. Put a little liquid electrical tape on the screw heads.

I just need water resistant. Maybe some grease and a o ring under the arm. Then keep the servo up off the chassis a little. Put a little liquid electrical tape on the screw heads.
I care more about the 500 oz than anything. Just want to maybe protect it a little more. It's probably not needed but after the Lipo alarm quit on me.... it got me thinking. Also, a water proofed servo looks more water proof than an out of the box one does for less money.

Last edited:
I coated the PCB inside of mine with silicone based conformal coating from Amazon. There aren't o rings on mine, but it's a few years old. It's seen plenty of water without any protection. I don't submerge my trucks often, but when this was on my Yeti XL it went for a swim without issue.

IMG_0394.JPG
I coated the PCB inside of mine with silicone based conformal coating from Amazon. There aren't o rings on mine, but it's a few years old. It's seen plenty of water without any protection. I don't submerge my trucks often, but when this was on my Yeti XL it went for a swim without issue.

I don't try to submerge my RC's. However... I accidentally took my Kraton for a swim. It happens. I may pack it with dielectric grease... low viscosity. I'll test it on a cheaper servo first.

Off to a good start with parts from Voltage Hobbies.

Last edited:
Thanks!
So by some miracle, I found it on eBay! Search for item number 172461047710. There are 9 available!

Thank you very much... I just ordered the same arm. I'll have to get all the parts here before I figure out the length of the 4 posts.

Thanks for the Ebay info. If the neither of the 2 I ordered work I'll head back to that guy.
I ordered an Axial and a Savox horn. I really like the look of the Savox one, but I may end up with Axial due to the hole placement, but either way, I think one of them will work.

31jJ2p-3v8L.jpg

AX30836.jpg

RC crawlers are more 1/10th scale but they can be heavy. Kraton is a heavy 1/8th basher. That servo there will probably be pretty decent, but I would want to get a servo that gets up near 1/5 scale servo strength and still fits in the Kraton. Also not draw too much juice. Although, that there would probably be fine due to the gears in it . They look strong. Yeah, that's probably a good improvement. The less a servo struggles, the better off everything else is.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back