Kraton What's a good strong Savox servo for the Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0437.JPG

Well.... there it is, snug as can be. 499.9oz and .16 sec at only 6.0volts. This is a strong servo !!!! Yikes. Very efficient, strong and surprisingly quiet. Plenty fast for a monster truck, lol. I added grease in the gear case and in the bottom. Looks like I have a slight slope on the linkage, I added a 3mm by 8mm spacer. This seems to be zero issue. A little extra work but I like it. My standoffs are red hex also but you can't see them much...oh well.

Would I like a drop right in... yeah, but I liked the specs on this thing . It's obviously relying on a larger motor and gear reduction to easily get some more torque. Perfect for larger tires.

I looked at that servo before buying the 1270, .16 is to slow for me,the 1270 is .09 and still handles the Mx38's no problem.All my other rc trucks also have fast servos so its just preference.

Dang that makes my 1210SG smell like weak sauce. Oh well your whole car makes mine smell like weak sauce.

Very true.. I never could tell the difference in steering speeds of servos and I have had a hundred of them. Unless it's real basic and standard cheap servo, I can tell. If it was a race vehicle or a helicopter tail servo, I may think about it. My Heli's have some fast olexpensive ones but I can't tell after a certain point. The numbers start to sell stuff as usual. .

I do know I like one that isn't power hungry just to turn around . I rather have the torque at lower voltage. Steel gears all around. All I need to do is turn this thing around to hit another ramp without sucking up power and straining. But very true.... so many ways to look at it.

It's like shooting archery... speed sells compound bows and the arrows have to be lighter. However.... a slower heavier arrow packs as much punch but can't be stopped as easy. At some point it's deminished returns anyway.

Thanks for pointing out the high spacer.... it gave me the idea for lower and thicker. I'm more into that. Much better.

The servo you use sounds bad ass also. No slouch for sure... nice job and clean work as always. I get lots of feedback off your stuff that makes me think as well. Very cool, I enjoy it.

My rx has a builtin Avc,and likes fast servo's.I haven't actually turned the Avc on as the Kraton goes pretty straight!I'm not jumping mine,mostly tight sand track racing with small jumps.Your work is clean as always!

Perfect for AVC. It's a gyro so you want it to keep correcting fast. I was running on my very packed snow covered street this weekend, with my one rc that has AVC in it. (Slash) Spectrum AVC receiver. It's all I will use it on... other than that, I don't use it. I had it in a drift rc car also... pretty fun.

I was putting gyros on steeeing long before avc came out. I also started flying Heli's when there were no gyros...then they started with the mechanical ones. I still have one in a box. Some of the small pizio electric gyros I've had found their way into some of my rc cars. Many years ago.

It's called tinkeridous... it's a sickness. We all have it here. Lol

Last edited:
Perfect for AVC. It's a gyro so you want it to keep correcting fast. I was running on my very packed snow covered street this weekend, with my one rc that has AVC in it. (Slash) Spectrum AVC receiver. It's all I will use it on... other than that, I don't use it. I had it in a drift rc car also... pretty fun.

I was putting gyros on steeeing long before avc came out. I also started flying Heli's when there were no gyros...then they started with the mechanical ones. I still have one in a box. Some of the small pizio electric gyros I've had found their way into some of my rc cars. Many years ago.

It's called tinkeridous... it's a sickness. We all have it here. Lol
I started with helicopters to,used MKS on them,and still have three 450's.

I started with helicopters to,used MKS on them,and still have three 450's.
Awesome those 450's are.

You don't jump your Kraton ? All I do is launch mine. Question ...do you think I'm better off with all steel gears or titanium mixed with aluminum and brass ? Example : 1230 on the left...1270 on the right. After jumping the stock servo like a mad man...I blew out the brass teeth on it but the entire inside was almost all brass.
The mixture of gear material in the 1270...its a higher price, maybe better longevity, not getting play in it ? But what one would you rather have for big air ? Just all steel I would think. IDK

Attachments

• Savox_Gear_Set_with_Bearings_SA1230.jpg
    Savox_Gear_Set_with_Bearings_SA1230.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 319wekTvYDL.jpg
    319wekTvYDL.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I'm amazed at how the gear train is holding up,still no play.Not jumping,but hitting alot of debris with the frontend,hit a boulder that jumped out at me and the steering ball got knocked out of its socket.So it can take some hits!With a lower geared servo like yours,i would think it might give less with impact force and put the strain on the gears,luckily there steel and should handle

Last edited:
I'm amazed at how the gear train is holding up,still no play.Not jumbing,but hitting alot of debris with the frontend,hit a boulder that jumbed out at me and the steering ball got knocked out of its socket.So it can take some hits!With a lower geared servo like yours,i would think it might give less with impact force and put the strain on the gears,luckily there steel and should handle
The gear sets are also about 20 bucks or a little more . not bad. I'm not familiar with these so called unique steel gears. No info on it.... what's the sales pitch on them ? Just heavier and cheaper to produce ? Better for Savox because steel is cheap. Then throw the word unique in front of it. Lol.

aluminum Bearing steering bellcrank Kraton
Hot Racing aluminum steering bellcranks with Ball Bearing for the Arrma 1/8 Kraton, Out Cast Senton, Talion, and Tyohon
FEATURES:

- CNC machined aluminum construction replaces factory plastic for a stronger-than-standard stock steering system
- Four ball bearings for ultra smooth and precise steering

NOT IN STOCK :mad: Most of these plastic parts have been holding up fine anyway. The only plastic part I changed was the servo mount and went with the RPM wing mount. I just saw this aluminum bell crank and it looked like a sweet compliment to the servo mount upgrade.

Last edited:
Does that servo fit without any additional spacers being needed other than the ones that come with the stock Servo?
The Savox 1210sg was flush with the bottom of the original plastic mount using the stock spacers. It's touching the chassis the way I mounted it. I probably could have added a couple small washers but the way I have it mounted it seems to have taken away some of the flex in the original mount.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back