Kraton What's a good strong Savox servo for the Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanning

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I started out today with smooth steering and a good servo. After I got the Kraton into some muddy water I noticed the steering was tight. Then she gave up.

Anyway... I figured it would blow out sooner or later. Time for new.

Last edited:
Thanks bud... I just ordered the Savox 1230.

Now a stiffer mount is needed. I rather not get something from the UK. I'm trying to remember the other company that was making the mounts.

Lol... I fried that stock servo so bad. That thing sounded my Lipo alarm ???? I think it was drawing some juice.

I ordered one from Voltage Hobbies. I couldn't remember the name but it came to me. I'm sort of glad it gave up now... I've been hard on stuff lately to see what will bust. Soon my buddy will have his Nero Big Rock up and running so I want my Kraton healthy when that comes.

IMG_0364.JPG
I opened up the stock servo... looks like it lost some teeth.

I just bought one of these "just because" - haha
A JX-20 ?

Vanning,

I'm using the Trackstar TS-910 with good results. Centers well, good amount of torque but not the quickest on 6V. I plan on using a BEC to bump it up to 7.4V. At $36.40 before shipping, pretty hard to beat.

On some of my other monster trucks I run Hitecs. Still loving the good old HS-7955TG at 7.4V regulated (even though servo is rated for 6V).

Here's a link to the Trackstar:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/trackst...y-monster-truck-servo-30-6kg-0-14sec-66g.html

Looks like brass,to soft for such a heavy truck,steel or titanium.Savox gears are staying nice and tight.

Looks like brass,to soft for such a heavy truck,steel or titanium.Savox gears are staying nice and tight.
The stock gears do not stick to a magnet and I snapped them in half like twigs. They lasted for a decent while. once I noticed the slack... that's when they gave up totally. The next 2 runs killed it. Poor choice of metal... I guess it's cheap and easy to make. That was the first stock servo I ever rode out till the end.... just to see what it will take. The big tires wrecked it fast. Lol

Last edited:
I just got a Savox 1210SG and am hoping to have it installed this week. Should be good to go with 277.7 oz-in of torque and a speed of.15 at 6.0V. Aluminum Case, all steel gears, and water proof. I am looking forward to it after being out of commission since the day after Christmas.

I just got a Savox 1210SG and am hoping to have it installed this week. Should be good to go with 277.7 oz-in of torque and a speed of.15 at 6.0V. Aluminum Case, all steel gears, and water proof. I am looking forward to it after being out of commission since the day after Christmas.
Lol... I hear you but a good running Kraton is addicting.
I ended up getting the Savox 1230. At 6v it has a speed of .16 and 500 ounces of torque. However.... some creativity with spacers will have to be done. With the servo mount from Voltage Hobbies, it looks as if there is much ease of adding some spacers or longer posts. . Then paired with the proper horn and hardware to get the linkage even and secure.

I never dunk my RC's under water but they do get some spray on them. So far... I've been ok with the regular Savox non water proof. I just never submerge my RC's.

Yeah I know I'll need the spacers to make mine work. I don't and won't submerge mine either, but wet asphalt runs during the occasional rain, are my concern. I know I'll be running through puddles that may be a couple inches deep and drifting a long way in the wet, so plenty of water will make it's way inside.

Last edited:
I know... I always worry about water also. I just fried my Lipo alarm over the weekend. Just a splash and it fried.

That sounds like fun...Better off going full water proof. Maybe put an o ring under the horn for added protection. I know I will.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back