Kraton Whats' Bent? Towers? Chassis Brace?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrymReaper

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey Guys/Gals,

I have a Kraton V3 and while back I had a nasty crash in which I landed on the right side of the truck and it did cartwheels over and over for what seemed like ten minutes. But she landed on her feet and it still drove normal. At the end of that run I noticed one of my wing mounts was 3/4 of the way cracked. I still bashed it for a long time before the mount eventually gave up. I replaced it with the TBR wing mounts and added the stock wheelie bar to prevent the scraping on the bottom/back of the wing.

It has always been a tad bit crooked, but today when I tossed on the new digs, it seems really off. I cannot seem to figure out what exactly is causing it, and I am sure one of you could take a peek at it and in about 5 seconds, figure it out. From the top town, it looks like the entire rear end is busted up.

Thanks!

arrma_kraton_14.jpg

Tough to tell from the picture but that tower looks bent as well. That could be throwing off how the wing is sitting. I’d look hard and the diff case it maybe be broken where the wing stop piece is.

Nothing appears out of order around the diff...here are some more pics in and around the back and a good overhead shot that makes me think its the towers.

If that is the case, are the Hot Racing towers still king. Luckily I have not broken much lately, sooooo I haven't been up on the recent trends.

Attachments

• arrma_kraton_19.jpg
    arrma_kraton_19.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 102
  • arrma_kraton_16.jpg
    arrma_kraton_16.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 107
  • arrma_kraton_15.jpg
    arrma_kraton_15.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 97
  • arrma_kraton_17.jpg
    arrma_kraton_17.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 91
  • arrma_kraton_18.jpg
    arrma_kraton_18.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 90
Hot racing towers are no longer king. Voltage makes a nice set. Just bash it does as well. May be wise to look into braces too. Voltage is nice I’ve had great luck with hot racing there.

Yea I started looking at towers and Voltage seems to be the way to go, but of course out of stock atm

Yea I like the look of the raw ones....will wait a few days but don't want to really bash it and put stress on my caps etc.

I like how its 7050 vs the 6061 on others

Kenny needs some help over there at voltage hes a one man show as popular as he has become in the arrma community I think hes loosing money not being able to keep up with production.... hands down best product in my book but iv been waiting weeks for parts not days lol I'm sure a few people have I think this time I'm buying extra so I don't have to go through this again lol

That sucks. I have heard nothing but great things about his stuff. As much as I like the silver look, I will prob end up w the black and the silver chassis guard.

That sucks. I have heard nothing but great things about his stuff. As much as I like the silver look, I will prob end up w the black and the silver chassis guard.
some drain cleaner and water and it will be raw aluminum again lol just don't do it inside and don't breathe that crap in lol there are a few vids that show how to strip the color off aluminum
and yes his stuff is the best in my opinion hints the fact that I'm still waiting for it to be restocked he stays in touch with me on what's restocked just havnt been what I need yet... I'd say it's been 4 weeks and he told me 6 when I first asked how long so I'm trying to hold off I guess

I've ordered from him 3 times, had to wait each time,- and would like to order more, but out of stock...

I've ordered from him 3 times, had to wait each time,- and would like to order more, but out of stock...
it's just him man he told me it's a one man show lol I just really think and hate to say it but hes loosing money and needs some help

Now sure how particular you are with slight blemishes but he's got 2 raw rear towers in stock in the bargain bin section

I hear good things about the Alza Racing shock towers. I ordered a top plate from them took 10 days to get to me from Slovakia. https://shop.alza-racing.com/en/30-kraton

On that note, I've heard that the Slovenian parliament has an unusual department: forwarding mail meant for the Slovakian parliament to the Slovak embassy in Slovenia. ?

But potayto tomahto ?‍♂️?

On that note, I've heard that the Slovenian parliament has an unusual department: forwarding mail meant for the Slovakian parliament to the Slovak embassy in Slovenia. ?

But potayto tomahto ?‍♂️?
What?

Dejan from Slovenia is Alza Racing.
Not Slovakia.
Oh shoot my bad. Idk why I thought it was Slovakia. I'm sure it's like confusing North Dakota with South Dakota.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back