Limitless Whats everyones pb/gearing with castle 1717 1650kv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmcarter

Reaction score
Was wondering what everyones personal best and gearing set ups with there castleb1717 1650kv I'm stuck at 102mph I use 2 4s batteries at 120c with the mmx8s perfect pass carbon fiber shafts and grp wheels anyone have any idea why I'm stuck?
Pics of my limitless

Attachments

• IMG_20220413_203453.jpg
    IMG_20220413_203453.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_20220413_234200.jpg
    IMG_20220413_234200.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20220411_162749.jpg
    IMG_20220411_162749.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20220328_180442.jpg
    IMG_20220328_180442.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 68
What batteries? Do you run a cap pack with that ESC? What connectors and wire size are you using? What gearing are you currently running? How long is the pass? There's a lot that goes into it. Don't forget you need a linear throttle pull also. Post up some data log shots of some runs and people could probably point you in the right direction.

What batteries? Do you run a cap pack with that ESC? What connectors and wire size are you using? What gearing are you currently running? How long is the pass? There's a lot that goes into it. Don't forget you need a linear throttle pull also. Post up some data log shots of some runs and people could probably point you in the right direction.
Cnhl and or zee 4s 120c the zees are 7000mah and cnhl are 8000mah .I also run the cap packs from castle 4 470uf 35v caps but I have 1000uf caps I can replace it with. I use ic5 connectors.
And its geared right now at 27p 34s
Setup( no longer using the spektrum lipos),

Attachments

• IMG_20220411_162832.jpg
    IMG_20220411_162832.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 104
You should be able to get more out of that setup. Couple things just from my observation:

1 - Cut down your rear wing to the last line so it's essentially almost completely flat
2 - Ensure your pass is a slow linear pull as @LicketySplit mentioned.
3 - Check camber/toe on your tires. Flat and straight usually works best for speed runs.
4 - Double check your ESC is calibrated correctly - you can check this in the castle logs by ensuring your Power Out reaches 100%
5 - Ensure you're running in a long enough location.
6 - Tighten down the pre load on your shocks, especially rear. With your current wing setup and a soft rear suspension you're prone to backflips if you get higher in speed.

After these, check your amperage, ripple, temps, etc and gear up to get even more.

I just recently did 118 with 34/29 on 6s with the xlx2 and a 1650 with a stretched typhon. But then I learned that I need to turn off LVC because of voltage sag and I checked my logs and sure enough i was hitting LVC so that being said you might be hitting it as well? Also idk if it would really help speed or not I haven't been in the speed game too long, but I think you should be running some QS8 connectors, those ic5 are probably choking your system a bit I would think. And what the other guys said are important as well, calibration could easily be your issue

Was wondering what everyones personal best and gearing set ups with there castleb1717 1650kv I'm stuck at 102mph I use 2 4s batteries at 120c with the mmx8s perfect pass carbon fiber shafts and grp wheels anyone have any idea why I'm stuck?
Pics of my limitless

Something seriously wrong there. I am nearly at 100mph on 2s :LOL:

Start with disabling LVC in the castle link.
What gearing are you running?
Also slow down you throttle pull. Count it out loud as you pull. I'd shoot for at least 6 seconds till you reach full throttle.

Also slow down you throttle pull. Count it out loud as you pull. I'd shoot for at least 6 seconds till you reach full throttle.
6 seconds!!! Shoot.....I gave it like 2 lol. Might explain my 487 amps

I'm running 27 pinion 34 spur.
And okay ill have to try that too counting till 6 untill wot

I'm running 27 pinion 34 spur.
And okay ill have to try that too counting till 6 untill wot

That gearing should be fine will into the 110-125 range.
Start with the throttle control and disable the low voltage cut off in the ESC.

Keep a close eye on those IC connectors. There were not made for the amperage you are pulling.
*Guess what happens when you loose one connection at 100+ mph? No brakes....

Just checked my logs and yesterday I ran the car on 8s 2 zee 4s 7000mah 120c and I have my lowest voltage reading wa@ 25.5 under the load of the speed run. Also have 1.4 of voltage sag but I've got 4 1000 uf 35v caps to put in the car to replace the 4 470 uf 35v caps that are currently in it

6 seconds!!! Shoot.....I gave it like 2 lol. Might explain my 487 amps
Good Lord!! Yea. That would explain that..lol. I pulled 276amps on my 132mph run. Used the throttle timer function on the NB4. I pulled 376amps on my 120mph run before using that function.

Good Lord!! Yea. That would explain that..lol. I pulled 276amps on my 132mph run. Used the throttle timer function on the NB4. I pulled 376amps on my 120mph run before using that function.
Lol unfortunately my road isn't very long so I kinda had to goose it. But I'm in search mode for a better one. Got my fingers crossed on one but haven't gone to check it out yet. That's pretty sick though that you were able to drop that many amps using that, well done.

Ya I turned my lvc off for now too see what that does also got some qs8 connectors and man its pricey to change everything over go 47 dollars of plugs and got 2 for the esc 4 for 4 sets of 4s batteries and two to use to charge and it was almost 50 bucks but there super nice quality and the anti spark is nice

Ya I turned my lvc off for now too see what that does also got some qs8 connectors and man its pricey to change everything over go 47 dollars of plugs and got 2 for the esc 4 for 4 sets of 4s batteries and two to use to charge and it was almost 50 bucks but there super nice quality and the anti spark is nice
Worth it. I switched everything I have over to QS8. Even if it’s overkill.

Worth it. I switched everything I have over to QS8. Even if it’s overkill.
Agreed. They are over kill and expensive but very nice quality and always a snug fit. For some reason castle 8mm bullets always lost their spring and would get loose on me.

Ya I'm super happy with the quality of these plugs but man 47 bucks and I still have more then half my batteries to go. I think I'm going to keep my 1/10 granite and 1/8 infraction mega on ic5s and my 1/7 limitless and 1/5 kraton I'm gonna us qs8

Ya I'm super happy with the quality of these plugs but man 47 bucks and I still have more then half my batteries to go. I think I'm going to keep my 1/10 granite and 1/8 infraction mega on ic5s and my 1/7 limitless and 1/5 kraton I'm gonna us qs8

Yeah my bashers have xt90
Only necessary if you are running a castle ESC in my opinion. Nothing else goes over 200amps

Dunno where you've been buying them but I can't recommend radiocontrolpower enough.

https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/product-page/qs8-female-connectors-2-female-only

10 for 33$.

Personally I like to buy the ones that have wire soldered on already as soldering wire to another wire is easier for me than soldering directly to the connector 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back