Limitless Whats everyones pb/gearing with castle 1717 1650kv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was wondering what everyones personal best and gearing set ups with there castleb1717 1650kv I'm stuck at 102mph I use 2 4s batteries at 120c with the mmx8s perfect pass carbon fiber shafts and grp wheels anyone have any idea why I'm stuck?
Pics of my limitless
I did a 117 with 30/34 gearing and 2 mediocre Amazon DXF 4s 100c packs. I prob could have done more if I wasn’t a noob and was better at making linear throttle pulls. I’d def make sure your wing is trimmed down and front aero pieces are off. Also def adjust your droop in the front so it’s much lower than the rear. Hope that helps. I’m def still learning myself, but that stuff helped me.

The other day I pulled 102mph on 2x3S Zee 6000mAh lipos in series that were partially discharged with 34/37T gearing @260A in an Infraction V2. You should definitely be getting a good bit more on 8S (even considering the V2 gearing has a bit longer legs than the stock Limitless). But as someone else, I think, has already pointed out, that big zig-zag pattern in your data log is where your problem is at.

Agreed. They are over kill and expensive but very nice quality and always a snug fit. For some reason castle 8mm bullets always lost their spring and would get loose on me.
You can always stick a 2.5mm hex driver inside the male bullet and wiggle it just a little bit to widen the bullet and make it fit tight again. Also if you widen it too much, it’s easy to make it narrow by very gently squeezing them with some pliers. Remember and little bit of adjustment goes a long way. This goes for almost every bullet I’ve seen. Sometimes you need a smaller driver to spread smaller bullets. Find the one that fits the male bullet you’re using.

You can always stick a 2.5mm hex driver inside the male bullet and wiggle it just a little bit to widen the bullet and make it fit tight again. Also if you widen it too much, it’s easy to make it narrow by very gently squeezing them with some pliers. Remember and little bit of adjustment goes a long way. This goes for almost every bullet I’ve seen. Sometimes you need a smaller driver to spread smaller bullets. Find the one that fits the male bullet you’re using.
I snapped one of the pieces recently doing this exact thing.

The other day I pulled 102mph on 2x3S Zee 6000mAh lipos in series that were partially discharged with 34/37T gearing @260A in an Infraction V2. You should definitely be getting a good bit more on 8S (even considering the V2 gearing has a bit longer legs than the stock Limitless). But as someone else, I think, has already pointed out, that big zig-zag pattern in your data log is where your problem is at.
Update: Last night I pulled 112mph on 2x3S Gens 15000mAh fully charged with 34/34 gearing @350A. I have a pair of 3S SMC-SRD packs and I'm curious to see what the reduced weight and (hopefully) higher power output will yield.

I did a 117 with 30/34 gearing and 2 mediocre Amazon DXF 4s 100c packs. I prob could have done more if I wasn’t a noob and was better at making linear throttle pulls. I’d def make sure your wing is trimmed down and front aero pieces are off. Also def adjust your droop in the front so it’s much lower than the rear. Hope that helps. I’m def still learning myself, but that stuff helped me.
Update: Just did 119mph on the same packs and gearing. Thinking I should be getting more out of that gearing, but honestly I think these DXF packs are the limiting factor even using QS8 connectors and a cap pack. Obviously as a noob my throttle input isn’t the most linear either. Any expert opinions would be appreciated as always

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back