What's for dinner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Different night, different poke- err, pork (say it southern, it helps)

20210727_215404.jpg

20210727_215432.jpg

Poke loin dropped into a 137f hot tub for 2 hours (give or take), with s&p rub and some fresh thyme from the garden, then butter basted in cast iron over a hot flame. I'll let y'all know how it tastes in a few...

Yep, tastes goooooooood!

Last edited:
Different night, different poke- err, pork (say it southern, it helps)

View attachment 160703

View attachment 160702

Poke loin dropped into a 137f hot tub for 2 hours (give or take), with s&p rub and some fresh thyme from the garden, then butter basted in cast iron over a hot flame. I'll let y'all know how it tastes in a few...

Yep, tastes goooooooood!
Man that looks GOOD!!!

Dats a pretty looking chunk of beef!
Just your run of the mill grocery store choice ribeye. Did a reverse sear on it using my smoker. Did an hour or so at 235F until it got to 125F and let it rest for 15 mins then blasted it over a starter chimney full of lump hardwood charcoal until I had a good sear all over. Was perfect mid-rare and yummy 😋

I thought we were out of elk.

But last night I was digging for ice cream in the freezer and found a 4# elk sirloin roast. I treated it like a tri tip ❤
View attachment 161667
C'mon hunting season. 🙏 I'm ready for elk every night again. 🤩
I would LOVE to come take an elk. You guys are beyond blessed to have that nearby. 😋

C'mon out. You'll hate me for what I do to you to get you an elk 😇
I promise I wouldn’t hate a second. Hard work never scares me. However I don’t like climbing trees. So if I have to be 40ft up in a tree stand, I might not like that 🤣🤘🏻

I thought we were out of elk.

But last night I was digging for ice cream in the freezer and found a 4# elk sirloin roast. I treated it like a tri tip ❤
View attachment 161667
C'mon hunting season. 🙏 I'm ready for elk every night again. 🤩
Man that looks awesome. My old boss went hunting for various game. Got some Elk from CO, and gave me some Elk sausage. I made it into a meatloaf, it was AWESOME!

I promise I wouldn’t hate a second. Hard work never scares me. However I don’t like climbing trees. So if I have to be 40ft up in a tree stand, I might not like that 🤣🤘🏻
No trees. How are you with cliffs and 50° scree fields?
20201120_105322.jpg

And elevation? This was at 9k, and a balmy 3f.

No trees. How are you with cliffs and 50° scree fields?
View attachment 161685
And elevation? This was at 9k, and a balmy 3f.
Not sure what a scree field is. Cliffs and elevation aren’t in my daily life but I have done some hiking in CO and loved it. I adjust quickly to elevation. I just need more water than normal to keep hydrated.

A0D31D63-6304-4437-B369-97F93DEC8252.jpeg

Top of Deer Mtn Rocky Mountain National Park in Estes Park, CO elevation ~10k ft.

http://www.rockymountainhikingtrails.com/deer-mountain.htm

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back