What's for dinner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoked Blackened Chicken Nachos. They were better than they looked. (Didn't look too bad, either)
20210921_181644.jpg

Tenderloin....yeah. liver...little too rich for me.
Definitely benefitted from the onions and mashers (good way to transition the richness into a savory theater of operation), but so delicious.

My wife is a gifted cook when it comes to liver, too. It's her favorite

Il Rione is good stuff. Citizen Pie close by also makes a good pie: https://www.citizenpie.com/
I will have to check that one out next time. My son lives in Lakewood so we visit often. Best part about Il Rione is the atmosphere and watching the guy throw the dough, his face and head covered in flour. That poor kids lungs are probably more white inside than Scarface on a bad day.

No pics cuz it was pretty basic but I bribed some bone in pork chops today, smoked them at 300F for an hour, then finished them over direct heat. Made some creamed spinach as a side. Pretty freaking amazing results for such meager products.

48 hour soak at 135f, then about an hour on the smoker at 300f, with some baby ray's at the end.

They're super tasty, but I need to do the next batch at 140, or maybe even 145. These were hard to get off the bone.
What do you mean you "soaked" them? I used to smoke them at the standard 225-275 for however long, and one day I tried the 3-2-1 method...i think ill be sticking with that. They are hard to handle at that point theyre so tender

What do you mean you "soaked" them? I used to smoke them at the standard 225-275 for however long, and one day I tried the 3-2-1 method...i think ill be sticking with that. They are hard to handle at that point theyre so tender
I would guess sous vide

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back