whats in your track/bashing day tool bag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
I would like to see what tools and spares I need to bring in my track/bashing tool bag

I know I need to bring the tools I could need to any repairs suck as allen wrenches an wheel wrenches

It would be nice if you guys could post about the new tools that you find that work well

This thread isn't just for me I think this would help a lot of other people that have to travel to get to their bash spot

I usually just bring a stack of different cars and pile them up as they break. Arrma and traxxas wheels wrenches are all I usually bring. Field repairs beyond wheel tightening are not fun for me.

I only have one set in a small toolbox that goes with me. It has all my drivers, pliers, cutters, wheel wrench, a razor, tape, zip ties, cell checker, IR thermometer. Body clips and some screws are a good idea too. That's all I can think of without looking in it.

If I'm going to be out playing for awhile, then I carry 2 bins with me usually. One bin has batteries, smaller parts (to include zip ties, body clips, e-clips, glue, nuts, bolts, screws, carrier blocks, etc) and smaller tools (allen wrenches, screw drivers, needle nose, body scissors, etc). The other has bigger tools (full size pliers, ratchets, soldering iron, tape, etc), bigger parts (arms, shocks, wheels, manuals, chargers, etc). If I'll be out for a short time, then I bring the smaller bin.

Last edited:
I use a fishing tackle box that holds all my hand tools, spare AA batteries, hinge pins, clips and assorted small parts on the top shelves. In the bottom I have two plastic multi compartment bins with metal hardware and small composite parts. On top of those is a full set of replacement arms, composite blocks for front steering, drive shafts and one of each front and rear shock. The box is actually not that big, but has almost every spare I need and the tools to replace them. Batteries are in a small Hobbymate zipper and velcro safety bag that @crimsonfancy helped me get from a sweet online deal. Forward some pics of both later.

In the process of building my own bag so good call on this ?. I like the tackle box idea.

I plan on carrying a small towel and small soft bristled brush to.help get the dirt off as well as the stuff already listed.

Probably will need a koozie and bottle opener as well...just in case ?

I use a fishing tackle box that holds all my hand tools, spare AA batteries, hinge pins, clips and assorted small parts on the top shelves. In the bottom I have two plastic multi compartment bins with metal hardware and small composite parts. On top of those is a full set of replacement arms, composite blocks for front steering, drive shafts and one of each front and rear shock. The box is actually not that big, but has almost every spare I need and the tools to replace them. Batteries are in a small Hobbymate zipper and velcro safety bag that @crimsonfancy helped me get from a sweet online deal. Forward some pics of both later.
That's exactly what Bin 1 is for me - a tackle box.
In the process of building my own bag so good call on this ?. I like the tackle box idea.

I plan on carrying a small towel and small soft bristled brush to.help get the dirt off as well as the stuff already listed.

Probably will need a koozie and bottle opener as well...just in case ?
If you can afford it, something GREAT for getting debris off - compressed air!

If I’m going close by I take a hobby all in one driver with different bits, thermometer and cross wrench. If I’m traveling I take those above and pretty much everything I need to take the car apart, spare backflip tire or two, towel to work on, wheel nuts, hardware, couple arms, cvds and hex pins and other stuff I’m sure. One soft bag to stuff tires batteries, and bulky items and the other is just a small tackle box which doubles as my work bench box. I’m heading to the garage now and I’ll look in my bag to see what else is in there. The longer you stay in the hobby you literally have enough parts and spares to build other cars. It’s crazy...
Jim

I take a lot of stuff... I drive an hour to a bmx track, then walk 1/4 mile with my bag. I keep a 2 port 2x15A charger in my trunk as well as a 2nd charger for my transmitter/receiver packs and possibly 3rd lipo to charge as I drive from there to a skate park. On a good bash day, I'll drive 90 miles and hit 3-4 locations. So I take a full tool bag excluding my electric driver, enough generic stuff (nuts, bolts, turnbuckles, rod ends, wheel nuts, etc) to keep me going and always take 2 trucks. Usually a 1/8th and a 1/10th. The past 2 times I've been taking a nitro and electric... which adds to the complications. With my bag packed, the thing weighs 50-75lbs. Nearly blew my knee out last week carrying it up 3 flights of stairs after being on my feet and traipsing around the bmx track and skate parks for 5 hours... Got to the 3rd or 4th step and my knee was done.

I recently bought a folding wagon to put my hauler bag on to drag to the bmx track more easily since it's 1/4 mile each way from where I can park:
2019-0721-FoldableWagonAndTruckBag.jpg

A 1/10th and 1/8th fit in the bag ok if I stack the big one on the little one. My nitro revos and/or savages don't stack well with an outcast or ERBEv2/savage flux. They are too tall, but I still stack them, zip the ends a bit and lug it down stairs.

This is my bag with my revo and stampede in it, looks similar when I take my outcast/stampede or outcast/e-jato:
2019-0203-NewHPIBag-ERBE-Stampede.jpg

Under the remote is my tool bag, 2 layers of bag for tools. Under that is one of those muti-bin tackle containers. Then a gap for battery packs or fuel bottles and a gap on the end for my cameras, gloves (winter), bug spray, alcohol bottle, zips/straps and more generic parts. I now also carry some axle carriers for my v2 revo since I'm running stock.

Tool bag top layer and bottom layer:
2019-0816-ToolBag.jpg

When I bash locally, the only thing I don't use is the rolling cart as I typically leave the bag in my trunk and work out of it there. Unfortunately, my trunk isn't that big, so the folding cart is behind my drivers seat. It fits fine in the trunk without the truck bag, but since 99% of the time I'm alone in my car, having it in my back seat is fine.

As you may have seen in my videos, I drive a 3/4 ton work van to take my trucks out. I don’t want the dirt in my Jeep. So since I have plenty of room, I usually bring everything with me. I have two flat totes, one for tools and supplies, the other for tires. I also have a divided bin for small parts. I leave large parts at home.

Pics

Attachments

• 20190817_122031.jpg
    20190817_122031.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 20190817_122058.jpg
    20190817_122058.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 61
Been so long since I've done this, I really don't remember what I took with me!

Small wrenches, ball-drivers, pliers of various types, a couple of sets of tires, spare glow plugs (I ran nitro), batteries, a servo or two, some spray cleaner....

Now since I'm operating out of my garage, I just walk over to my tool box and grab what I need.

Current set up: small gym bag with larger parts, tires, remote and cordless driver. Tackle box with tools, small parts and containers for screws and small hardware. Lipo bag and the truck
20191015_122505.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back