What's it like to drive a rock bouncer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drove a couple packs through a friend’s stock Axial Ryft this week; it is an impressive machine.
For those that have been around the real life thing or into the 1:1 rock crawling and rock racing scene it is pretty good likeness however the suspension does not follow the same suit it. The Ryft jostles a lot more than travel but that’s probably because it is a scale model. I digress.

The Ryft is unlike anything else radio control I’ve driven. It’s a good cross between something of a crawler like the Axial Capra and a basher like the Typhon or Kraton. It goes like a rocket on a good 3S pack, on 4S it might be uncontrollable with the stock steering. My only fault with the Ryft is that. The steering servo saver is trash and couple that with the stock slow steering servo and you are constantly wishing for a faster response. I’d say if that was swapped it would be a darn good toy.

It is really something that would be used in the open and really is designed for Close quarters kind of hill climbs (like the real things). In wide open areas turning will result in traction rolls, that’s just the nature of a long but narrow wheel base.

Overall it is very fun but you need the correct terrain for it, IMO.

I drove a couple packs through a friend’s stock Axial Ryft this week; it is an impressive machine.
For those that have been around the real life thing or into the 1:1 rock crawling and rock racing scene it is pretty good likeness however the suspension does not follow the same suit it. The Ryft jostles a lot more than travel but that’s probably because it is a scale model. I digress.

The Ryft is unlike anything else radio control I’ve driven. It’s a good cross between something of a crawler like the Axial Capra and a basher like the Typhon or Kraton. It goes like a rocket on a good 3S pack, on 4S it might be uncontrollable with the stock steering. My only fault with the Ryft is that. The steering servo saver is trash and couple that with the stock slow steering servo and you are constantly wishing for a faster response. I’d say if that was swapped it would be a darn good toy.

It is really something that would be used in the open and really is designed for Close quarters kind of hill climbs (like the real things). In wide open areas turning will result in traction rolls, that’s just the nature of a long but narrow wheel base.

20210330_064442.jpg

My father bought one over the weekend... all ready taken out all most anything that was stock.

Great description. Thanks. How do you think it would handle mild jumps/bashing?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back