Fireteam What's similar to the Fireteam?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Loving this weather with another Sunday evening bash with the Fireteam again. FWIW for me, by far the best RC I have!

It's like a cat it just stays on its feet. Bashing at the park with a wide open space with a good mix of dirt/ dead grass, roots coming out of the ground (hard bumps), and nice valleys where the water has eroded for a little air. At full throttle, the stock suspension and tires absorb the bumps and stay upright even when thrown left/right by tree roots. It is FWIW an absolute great ground RC which is mostly my zone of play.

I also had the Kraton EXB 6S out and the TLR. The Kraton is fun, but it's just not like the FT in handling these environments....not all will like the FT but it just loves the ground the suspension just compliments how this rig runs. I did add to the FT the Kraton axle and hubs for a touch wider stance from a Rich D tip. I see more that I do not want to run the Kraton and prefer the Fireteam.

My question is if I like the Fireteam....what other RC performs close to this one because the size, suspension, etc all rock? I said I would never do it, but I might trade in my Kraton EXB for something different but similar to the handling of the FT.

Wanna buy a Yeti? I may consider letting one go.🤔

1666569938370.jpeg

The FT seems unique by itself. In durablity and handling. Not much to compare it to. Most others similar looking from other brands don't have 4 Wheel Ind. supensions.
I don't own one.
I only have the Mojave. Not similar at all from what I've seen in side by side running comparisons. Only shares the XLWB chassis and Electrics. The FT is heavier. Mostly due to the FT body.

Wanna buy a Yeti? I may consider letting one go.🤔

View attachment 251833

Those look nice. Only 2yrs into the hobby I know nothing about Yeti or how they handle compared to what I asked...

Sure does look good esp the red and orange!

The FT seems unique by itself. In durablity and handling. Not much to compare it to. Most others similar looking from other brands don't have 4 Wheel Ind. supensions.
I don't own one.
I only have the Mojave. Not similar at all from what I've seen in side by side running comparisons. Only shares the XLWB chassis and Electrics. The FT is heavier. Mostly due to the FT body.

It does look and seem like a mixed bread of sorts for the FT. Running it in the same space, the Kraton does not handle anywhere as smoothly as the FT in the rough and bumpy. However, I do not think I am running the Kraton as most run it, so it may be out of place for my bashing taste.

I asked this of you and the group at larger a long time back....now as I find my driving style and play more that I like should I have opted for the Talion over the Kraton....did I make the right pick 🤷‍♂️

Those look nice. Only 2yrs into the hobby I know nothing about Yeti or how they handle compared to what I asked...

Sure does look good esp the red and orange!

It does look and seem like a mixed bread of sorts for the FT. Running it in the same space, the Kraton does not handle anywhere as smoothly as the FT in the rough and bumpy. However, I do not think I am running the Kraton as most run it, so it may be out of place for my bashing taste.

I asked this of you and the group at larger a long time back....now as I find my driving style and play more that I like should I have opted for the Talion over the Kraton....did I make the right pick 🤷‍♂️
Just a heads up… discontinued but parts are easy to get. Axial is a top notch company, they have just gone in a different direction.
Rock racer…handles rough terrain well.

The Dbxl-e feels somewhat similar in its characteristics. Great driving and less suited to crashing double backflips.

B5A4C0E6-AC77-4D20-A65B-6DD8A1B840E8.jpeg

Edit whoops guess this was a necro… not sure why it showed up in my recent feed.

Thx all...after this post, I have picked up: Talion EXB really nice love how it bashes. The Losi Lasernut U4 waiting on it to arrive.

Might not be similar, but I think the two will be fun to bash.

Thx all!!! (y)

Thx all...after this post, I have picked up: Talion EXB really nice love how it bashes. The Losi Lasernut U4 waiting on it to arrive.

Might not be similar, but I think the two will be fun to bash.

Thx all!!! (y)
You can throw the Talion stuff on a Xlwb chsssis = XL Talion
would be similar to Fireteam
2lbs lighter w better handling, jumping than Fireteam

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back