Typhon Whats so great about a typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abh16

Reaction score
What's the strongest selling point of a typhon for you? It's looks? Whats it do better then the other models? Speed? Best basher? Jumper? Handling? What makes it unique to the others in the Arrma lineup?

Last edited:
I don't like the stock lid very well but it is a very versatile rig. I would think majority lean towards street running instead of bashing.......but it's probably a close mix. It can be stretched out, armored up or whatever you like. Runs well on tracks too (indoor or out). So lots of options and "paths" to go once you purchase one. Mine will be mainly a road rig and I'll use the offroad tires for drifting/running in dirt. I've got plenty of bashers! 😁

I'd prefer a K6s over this, but it was such a great deal barely used, I couldn't pass it up!

What's the strongest selling point of a typhon for you? It's looks? Whats it do better then the other models? Speed? Best basher? Jumper? Handling? What makes it unique to the others in the Arrma lineup?
It's so versatile that you can tailor it to your preferred driving style. Like @Smilinbri said above ☝ you can run it stock & it's fast and nimble, you can truggify it & throw on some 2.8 MT tires & absolutely launch it & you can stretch it w/ a longer chassis & attain some absolutely insane speeds. These are just 3 of the many things you can do with the platform & just so happens to be what I've done w/ the 3 typhons that I have. I love em all!!!😁

20220729_183638.jpg

20220716_191212.jpg

20220625_182614.jpg

It's so versatile that you can tailor it to your preferred driving style. Like @Smilinbri said above ☝ you can run it stock & it's fast and nimble, you can truggify it & throw on some 2.8 MT tires & absolutely launch it & you can stretch it w/ a longer chassis & attain some absolutely insane speeds. These are just 3 of the many things you can do with the platform & just so happens to be what I've done w/ the 3 typhons that I have. I love em all!!!😁

View attachment 235386

View attachment 235392

View attachment 235394
Excellent way to word it! But my Terps Typhon is so much cooler than that banana lookin' Iowa one!! 😂 :ROFLMAO:✌️ FEAR THE TURTLE!!!

And man I miss Marlboro Reds!! I smoked those for a long time! Been on lights for the past decade, but love bummin' a red every now and then! (I just need to quit already!!!!-lol)

Two things are what make it so great.. 1. The small size means the Typhon 6s is lightweight, it has great speed and handling compared to the larger 6s rigs. 2. its the most versatile RC car there is, you can make anything out of it a dirt buggy, a speedrun car, a basher, whatever

Since the Typhon can be pretty great on the street, what's the main reason that some people choose dedicated speedsters like the Felony or Vendetta instead of putting street tires on the Typhon (especially considering the Typhon has more versatility) ? I assume it's because the Felony is a different kind of look, and can reach a higher speed?

Since the Typhon can be pretty great on the street, what's the main reason that some people choose dedicated speedsters like the Felony or Vendetta instead of putting street tires on the Typhon (especially considering the Typhon has more versatility) ? I assume it's because the Felony is a different kind of look, and can reach a higher speed?
Aero and/or weight I suppose. For myself, making a typhon properly quick is for the purpose of accomplishment. An open wheeled buggy screaming past gives me shivers-@90!

Last edited:
making a speed car fast is a given. making a buggy boogie is freakin awesome! :cool:
I personally (if i grew a pair:ROFLMAO:) would build a typhon speed runner over a built for speed rc. :)

Typhon is a well balanced platform. Weight wise a perfect balance. Cross weight is close to a perfect 50/50% out the box with a 4s lipo. (my TLRT)
The Typhon was what started the Speed Running RC thing. The Lim/Infr and Fel were all based on the Typhon platform IMHO. HH saw an opportunity and demand while seeing many speed running the Typhon. And created the All Road lineup. It is what all the other 6s Arrma rigs were based on going back to the Hobbico/Arrma days.
The Typhon Harkens back to the Team Durango Track days. A mature platform with much upgrade support.

I am also tired of the Typhon shaped body as well. But it is just a lid. A buggy body.
Nothing a PL Axis body can't solve. A classic track buggy shaped body.
Part #3580-00.
In the process of painting mine up.

The Greatest thing about the Typhon : RaceCar!

The worst thing about the Typhon : Bashing a RaceCar!

But really, the Typhon is the most nimble, best handling, most racecar of all the Arrma lineup. Does not need 6s to be plenty fast for track or bashing (just re-gear). But most people find that Racecars do not make great bashers, and so will convert them to be more MT-ish.

Oh, and if you want to race them, they are good, but not great. Too much beef in the RTR version to make it competitive in more than a club race. The TLRTT helps a lot, if you want to actually race, but is still a bit porky compared to a true race buggy.

The Greatest thing about the Typhon : RaceCar!

The worst thing about the Typhon : Bashing a RaceCar!

But really, the Typhon is the most nimble, best handling, most racecar of all the Arrma lineup. Does not need 6s to be plenty fast for track or bashing (just re-gear). But most people find that Racecars do not make great bashers, and so will convert them to be more MT-ish.

Oh, and if you want to race them, they are good, but not great. Too much beef in the RTR version to make it competitive in more than a club race. The TLRTT helps a lot, if you want to actually race, but is still a bit porky compared to a true race buggy.
+1
Well stated.(y)

I don't like the stock lid very well but it is a very versatile rig. I would think majority lean towards street running instead of bashing.......but it's probably a close mix. It can be stretched out, armored up or whatever you like. Runs well on tracks too (indoor or out). So lots of options and "paths" to go once you purchase one. Mine will be mainly a road rig and I'll use the offroad tires for drifting/running in dirt. I've got plenty of bashers! 😁

I'd prefer a K6s over this, but it was such a great deal barely used, I couldn't pass it up!
Exactly. I am about to do the wide conversion to my 6s Typhon. The Kraton is the better rc imo but both have their place.

Exactly. I am about to do the wide conversion to my 6s Typhon. The Kraton is the better rc imo but both have their place.
I have mojave arms on my stretched typhon & I love it! Only thing is that I don't think m2c has mojave axles, do they? Any other aftermarket companies make some that are any good?

It seemed the logical thing to do was to add one to my collection of Arrma rigs. I have not been disappointed since.... :)
I felt the same way. Had to have one. Glad I got The TLRT. Impressive. And different. Rounds out my Arrma collection for sure.
Was never really a buggy guy in the years past. Tekno Buggy was also in the mix. Never pulled the plug though. I don't race at the track anymore. To me, TLRT was best bang for the buck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back