Senton Whats the best cooling fan for the blx 3s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 3s
I just installed the raiden racing cover.. Had the wheels popped off so I went ahead and threw my new HR 12mm hexes on!!
I haven't had any overheating issues and Im here in tampa fl so I wanna keep it that way!!
Who here has been thru some fans and whats everyones opinion on the best qaulity!!
Ps leaning towards aluminum

Attachments

• 20200726_200323_HDR.jpg
    20200726_200323_HDR.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 124
If you have no ESC thermal cut issues and motor is well below 150F in Tampa right now in August, I would say you are pretty good. But Fans are always good to have. When that Raiden cover gets packed with dust. dirt, it may get things hotter. Just playing devils advocate here. I have several covers for my rigs also.
Aluminum framed fans are best. Others may chime in with their specific ideas. Good luck.

Yea it seems to be doing well, no heat issues.. I wanted to install one before I even knew about the covers.. I figured it would be a nice add on and it never hurts to go the extra mile!! TLC seems to do wonders in this hobby!!
Yea I fully detail it after every use!?!???

Yeah, just like a scale car, treat it well, give it your best effort and it treats you (and your wallet) well.:LOL:
Some Rc'ers struggle with that and their rigs become money pits rather fast. Attention to detail can go a long way in this hobby.

Wild turbo fan 30mm blow harder fan! Make sure it’s the blow harder fan because it’s easy to mix up with the other models. Their website seems to be out of stock so your best bet is eBay

Another good one is the Hobbystar 30mm aluminum fan from RC Juice.

I threw in the arrma fan on a Amain order for cheap and it’s held up decent so far and keeps temps 20-30deg colder. Its not a fan favorite(pun intended) here though. My only complaint is the wires are a little on the small size and pulled out on one big air session. It’s not much more to get a beefier though if you can find them in stock.

I actually had a 30mm sent to me by mistake from power products on eBay.. It was super small compared to the heatsink.. 2 would of fit on there nicely side by side!! So I figured the heatsink sits off to one side of the motor, the back side or rather the side closest to the center driveshaft, I was thinking it might be nice to flush it up to the heatsink on that driveshaft side and let the rest of the fan, a little over 3/16 or so overhang and just blow right down on the side of the motor!! I might center it up.. Idk yet we will find out soon enough

I just installed the raiden racing cover.. Had the wheels popped off so I went ahead and threw my new HR 12mm hexes on!!
I haven't had any overheating issues and Im here in tampa fl so I wanna keep it that way!!
Who here has been thru some fans and whats everyones opinion on the best qaulity!!
Ps leaning towards aluminum
Or forsure 40mm x40

Screenshot_20211107-140803_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back