What's the best oil weight for Kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry mate, I meant to say the springs???
Gotcha, this should be helpful info.
On the list of shocks, I have IF348-916
Let me know if this isn't what your looking for.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 130
...back off your collars so top of shafts can compress into shock body a bit easier.

Everything I've learned about suspension tuning indicates the collars have nothing to do with suspension performance, only ride height. Not saying it's not possible you're correct, just pointing it out.

Jang from URC has a great 3 part tutorial about suspension tuning on YouTube. This is also a tremendous resource on the subject:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/537475-general-offroad-setup-lots-great-info.html

Everything I've learned about suspension tuning indicates the collars have nothing to do with suspension performance, only ride height. Not saying it's not possible you're correct, just pointing it out.

Jang from URC has a great 3 part tutorial about suspension tuning on YouTube. This is also a tremendous resource on the subject:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/537475-general-offroad-setup-lots-great-info.html
Alot of good info....just....alot.... lol

Anyone ever think about using springs from the Nero? I was thinking about trying it myself just to see what it feels like...

I don't know what stock is but i went to 70wt front and 60wt rear it is not bouncey i run 90mm tekno orange all around, the front has alot of preload adjustment but i wish i could find some 100mm or 110mm for rear i have it all the way down now. It still handles well, i also changed all diff oil 50k center and front and 100k in the rear. Running badlands and 16 tooth pinion seems to be pretty good so far handles great. I am getting GKA chassis braces and servo mount for kraton and a 444 oz/in savox servos for kraton and nero. A talion is in my near future... i love the arrmas they are so much better built than the traxxas junk.ive been running... lol xmaxx is a money pit.

I can't find where to buy these GKA parts on the internet. Help. :)

Are there any pre-made shocks that will fit the Kraton? I'd like to have them on hand and swap 2 for the rear. I'm thinking if I knew the size and bore of another company that made pre made shocks, I could come close. Help.

Are there any pre-made shocks that will fit the Kraton? I'd like to have them on hand and swap 2 for the rear. I'm thinking if I knew the size and bore of another company that made pre made shocks, I could come close. Help.

Tekno ET48.3 are nearly exact with slightly thicker shaft.

Also try diff piston holes quantity and /sizes along….the bigger or more holes the looser the rebound for more of a bumpy terrain /track you want them looser for jumping and bashing the less holes in the piston and thicker the oil the harder they absorbs the “shock” of smacking the earth from 30’ in the air but be careful not to over due it or you’ll bend shafts and ends …and for tight corner tracks hard pack ….happy tuning

Also try diff piston holes quantity and /sizes along….the bigger or more holes the looser the rebound for more of a bumpy terrain /track you want them looser for jumping and bashing the less holes in the piston and thicker the oil the harder they absorbs the “shock” of smacking the earth from 30’ in the air but be careful not to over due it or you’ll bend shafts and ends …and for tight corner tracks hard pack ….happy tuning
FYI you are replying to a 6+ year-old thread....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back