Notorious Whats the biggest pinion that'll fit Notorious 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dj6co

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
New to Arrma and I wanted to do speed runs with my notorious. I put on dboots everything but the servo is stock. Thanks for the help, happy to be here ???

What tires will you be running? Backflips?
The biggest pinion that will physically fit will be way over geared for top speed on a notorious.

I can put a 20t on my Typhon and Kraton 6s, but they are more stable platforms. I wouldn't put anything bigger than probably a 17t on a SWB like the Notorious or my Outcast personally. Be careful with the heat. I have dual fans and a heats sink from Power hobby since I also use this gearing for bashing ?

If you’re running the hoons with the stock 50t spur you should be able to fit a 24t on the stock motor mount while still utilizing both top mount set screws. If you switch to the infraction 46t Spur you can fit a 27t pinion which should be good for around 70mph

edited for correct mph

Last edited:
If you’re running the hoons with the stock 50t spur you should be able to fit a 24t on the stock motor mount while still utilizing both top mount set screws. If you switch to the infraction 46t Spur you can fit a 27t pinion which should be good for around 81-83mph
Wow thats sounds good to me ill try the stock 50t and buy a 46t after. I'll compress the springs as far down as they can go. I also put on the kraton wing looks more aerodynamic. Thanks mate appreciate your knowledge.

I’m certainly no speed expert but it turning the punch down low will help with heat issues. You might get another tooth or two bigger before it becomes a problem.

My math was off in my previous post
Correct mph would be 70

-forgot to change the diff pinion form 13 to 10

I stuck a limitless spool, hoons 27t in my notorious setup with 1650 KV MMX8s its just nuts but really fun but hitting a kerb at 75mph + on 8s is not

Front cvd and rear lower arm snapped but not surprisingly tbh
IMG_20200611_173006.jpg

Last edited:
I stuck a limitless spool, hoons 27t in my notorious setup with 1650 KV MMX8s its just nuts but really fun but hitting a kerb at 75mph + on 8s is not

Front cvd and rear lower arm snapped but not surprisingly tbhView attachment 85485
Oh no??‍♂️
I can put a 20t on my Typhon and Kraton 6s, but they are more stable platforms. I wouldn't put anything bigger than probably a 17t on a SWB like the Notorious or my Outcast personally. Be careful with the heat. I have dual fans and a heats sink from Power hobby since I also use this gearing for bashing ?
Thanks bud

Front cvd and rear lower arm snapped but not surprisingly tbhView attachment 85485

Is that one of those joke rubber drive shafts..!! ?????

I wish it was... expensive crash I wish I had it on cam as I thought hole car was a gonner
Was only out testing on my lunch break.
But sure is sketchy at these speeds with a swb and sutch a wide wheel base. Lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back