Granite Whats the deal!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1stGranite

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
I have a granite and the availability for it is terrible custom rc doesn't have a single part, m2c doesn't and many others I'm telling ya with my bashing I need all the parts I can get! once I get the brushless I'm going to be wrenching on that thing for hours. quarantine has ruined us all, nothing is available.
if anyone knows if like a typhon part would work with a granite or a big rock part would work please tell me. i have a feeling im gonna break alot of stuff with the brushless system.

Using Aarma's website is a great tool... The parts "cross-reference" is pretty nice.
Most Typhon, Big Rock, Senton, and Granite parts are interchangeable with a few exceptions or variations.
(Spring strength is different between them, their MEGA and BLX versions... MEGA and BLX often use different gearing (differential, spur, input shaft, etc)).

But a lot of the other parts can easily be swapped out.
I blew out the shocks in mine (actually bent the rod, not like my cap leaked like others have reported)... I ended up going w/ an aluminum set from eBay (Big Bore? I don't know anything about them -- don't even know the spring strength but they look like progressive springs so I decided to take a chance). Others have said the Typhon 6S (? people can correct me if I'm mistaken) work as an upgrade on the Granite.

I did tear up my composite 14mm hex hub (wheels) a bit so I ordered the Arrma metal ones...
Proline makes a 6x30 to 14mm conversion for their tires as a direct replacement so that is nice (I'd rather continue running the 14mm hex as I feel it will offer better strength vs going to 12mm).

I have a granite and the availability for it is terrible custom rc doesn't have a single part, m2c doesn't and many others I'm telling ya with my bashing I need all the parts I can get! once I get the brushless I'm going to be wrenching on that thing for hours. quarantine has ruined us all, nothing is available.
if anyone knows if like a typhon part would work with a granite or a big rock part would work please tell me. i have a feeling im gonna break alot of stuff with the brushless system.
What part does M2C make for a Granite? ?‍♂️

Probably because the 3S line is pretty robust stock.

RPM makes arms for the 3S line, Tekno or Typhon 6S shocks... and that's all I can think of for upgrades...
You can watch Rich Duperbash's videos where he tells you about his mods on his Granite if you want something to think about.

There’s plenty of upgrades, but how much do you want to put into a $230 truck? Are you really going to drop $500 on upgrades? That’s just silly IMO. Spend that money on a real rig like a 6S or a kit.

The spare parts struggle is real, there are places in Canada that still have 3s part if you want to go that route, there isn’t much but something is better than nothing.

Probably because the 3S line is pretty robust stock.

RPM makes arms for the 3S line, Tekno or Typhon 6S shocks... and that's all I can think of for upgrades...
You can watch Rich Duperbash's videos where he tells you about his mods on his Granite if you want something to think about.

You carnt fix something that is already great and robust if you ask me

There’s plenty of upgrades, but how much do you want to put into a $230 truck? Are you really going to drop $500 on upgrades? That’s just silly IMO. Spend that money on a real rig like a 6S or a kit.
im talking about preparing for the future, not about now.
im just saying that if something breaks thats out of stock what do i do?

Just run it bud and repair when needed that's what I do and I've only broken one thing and it was the bumper spring I've run mine every day since I've owned it and it's still going strong

Oh...
Well all you can do is figure out what breaks the most for you because of your driving style and purchase and store spares of that part.

Due to COVID I know parts are in short supply for some, but it won't be like that forever.

What would anyone do? If there aren’t parts available what do you think we can do about that? I was fortunate enough to stock up on most items that I need and have spares on hand. It’s a bad time to be getting into the hobby with everything being out of stock. It isn’t always this way. Same thing happened to hand soap and toilet paper.

I drove my typhon like a complete moron what i menaged to do is crack a few rims and one rear arm in the middle who is still fonctional switched the tires for badlands mx28 today tired of crashing like a plane?. for upgrades the granite mega needs the new input diff gear with the metal shaft new motor module esc motor shocks after that maybe a better bumper and amazon servo. The cost of that is maybe 250$ if you get your parts from jennyrc

personally my hobbyshops have everything (exept the freaking badlands mx28 with 17hex? and turnbuckle) ordered arms shock rebuilds kits hot racing pivot balls and other rare stuff i doubtedmy hobbyshop would ever have but they do in these times. Maybe because im in canada

1st - a thread or two ago, you were saying the Hobbywing Max10 was too much money, but now you want to buy M2C parts? I think I missed something... But anyways-

Yeah, Granite is pretty tough. You should not break much unless you really abuse it, or (like my little girl) think cartwheels are a legit stunt..

But what if it breaks a part that is out of stock? You wait, same as the rest of us. :) But really, @arrmadillo might have sounded like he was joking, but I often bring 2-3 RC's to a bash when I know I only have 15-30 minutes. Because stuff breaks. And yeah, I have had trucks sidelined for 1 or 3 or 6 month while I wait on parts.

If you really want to Bling the chit out of a car, pick up a Typhon 6s, do a wide Mod, drop a truck body and 2.8MT tires on it, and then they sky is the limit. lots of Bling parts made for the 6s line. Heck, even before you add the first M2C part, you will have a truck tougher and faster than the K4S.

What would anyone do? If there aren’t parts available what do you think we can do about that? I was fortunate enough to stock up on most items that I need and have spares on hand. It’s a bad time to be getting into the hobby with everything being out of stock. It isn’t always this way. Same thing happened to hand soap and toilet paper.

But, I can live without Toilet paper and hand soap. I need to have spare parts. Haha.

I have a Granite BLX, I've been able to get the parts I need. The Hot Racing upgrades are the exception, Hot Racing stuff can go out of stock. No, there are no M2C racing parts for it, it doesn't need any. What exactly are you looking for? My advice, don't over upgrade. I've already made that mistake. METAL PARTS SUCK!. They bend, snap, and need loc-tite. Loc-tite comes loose, then screws and parts fall out and get lost. I've ended up going back to stock plastic for many "upgrades". The only stock plastic I've broken is bumper springs, but after stuffing them with foam tape they're much more durable. Metal parts are the main things that are breaking, bending, coming loose, and causing me headaches. I've even "downgraded" my turnbuckles to plastic links and I'm so much happier. I think the Hot Racing hex extenders may be the next to go. They end my run every time.

There are some exceptions, the GPM knuckle arms have been rock solid and stay loc-tite'd. The stock plastic pivot balls will wear out quickly and the Hot Racing aluminum pivot balls have not caused any problems. My Savox servo performs great and has never been a problem.

Last edited:
I have a Granite BLX, I've been able to get the parts I need. The Hot Racing upgrades are the exception, Hot Racing stuff can go out of stock. No, there are no M2C racing parts for it, it doesn't need any. What exactly are you looking for? My advice, don't over upgrade. I've already made that mistake. METAL PARTS SUCK!. They bend, snap, and need loc-tite. Loc-tite comes loose, then screws and parts fall out and get lost, etc... I've ended up going back to stock plastic for many parts. The only stock plastic I've broken is bumper springs, and I've figured out a way to make them more durable. Metal parts are the main things that are breaking and causing me headaches. I've even "downgraded" my turnbuckles to plastic and I'm so much happier. Just found out there's a way to use my 17mm tires without the Hot Racing hex extenders, so I think they are the next to go. They end my run every time.
What happens with the hot racing extenders?

What happens with the hot racing extenders?
They don't stay loc-tite'd. If I use more loc-tite they stay on, but the axles end up bending/snapping. I've been trying Vibra-tite, but the same problems. I've lost so many of those damn pins after watching my tires fly off. Problem is, I don't know if this will change if I go back to stock. You still have to loc-tite. Also, I know the wider stance is a big performance enhancement. Are other people not having this problem? Am I doing something wrong? I'm about to test a new theory, maybe my shocks are too stiff and the axles are taking too much of the load?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back