Whats the gas prices in your area?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn!! Wtf is this country coming to? Just not right. I wish I had some insight or knowledge of how to help you out. Wifey and I keep getting tighter and tighter with our finances too, with no relief in sight.. we live pretty conservatively IMO. Things are getting dicey in the world. I hope you find some relief🤞

Damn!! Wtf is this country coming to? Just not right. I wish I had some insight or knowledge of how to help you out. Wifey and I keep getting tighter and tighter with our finances too, with no relief in sight.. we live pretty conservatively IMO. Things are getting dicey in the world. I hope you find some relief🤞
It's not just this country, its world wide. Heck, it's probably cheaper here in the USA than in the EU.... 🤷‍♂️

I know it’s not gas, but got my August electric bill $579.00.😭😭 now I don’t live in a mansion at all. it’s a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom maybe 800-1000sq foot house. I don’t know what to do I really can’t afford this and gas prices over $3.50-$4.50 a gal, groceries up at least 40% and live on a fixed income. I would love to get extra work but with my disability in my back I can’t do to much physically, it’s so frustratin. They advertis and say free solar panels for homeowners, but they’re not free, they give you a tax credit. So being in my disabled situation I can’t get it lol. Or at least am not smart enough to figure out how CoL 😭 my only option is I guess to eat up my savings I have left. Cause Ive paid my taxes and my way my whole life till my back gave out. I can’t see how some people are able to survive. sorry for my pity party 🎉
I won't pretend to know what the rates are where you live, but $579.00 sounds way out of line for that size of house. I'm in a modest 3bdr, 2ba, 1600 S.F. house with a pool in Phoenix, and my summer bills with the AC running are around $250. Sounds like you've got something really sucking the juice, like a 2nd fridge, or a hot tub? I'm sorry about your back problems tho. My wife is going thru that right now.

I won't pretend to know what the rates are where you live, but $579.00 sounds way out of line for that size of house. I'm in a modest 3bdr, 2ba, 1600 S.F. house with a pool in Phoenix, and my summer bills with the AC running are around $250. Sounds like you've got something really sucking the juice, like a 2nd fridge, or a hot tub? I'm sorry about your back problems tho. My wife is going thru that right now.
Was thinking the same, something is sucking alot 'O juice.. my setup sounds similar to yours, we drank $370 worth of juice last month. August came in like a furnace too🥵
We have a beer fridge(usually empty) and a stand up freezer (also aboot empty) in the garage as well.
The beer fridge sounded like a good idea..turns out I'm not much of a drinker, and with current food pricing, well, ya know..not alot of extra food being stored in that freezer. Sounds like I need to pull a few plugs.

Gasoline and Shortage of deisel fuel is partly to blame for hight prices of goods and services.
We have an idiot driving the bus right now unfortunately.
Hunker down. Things will get even worse before they get better.:rolleyes:
We aren't close to the hump yet.
I'm sucking wind here in NYC.

20220804_204716.jpg

Gasoline and Shortage of deisel fuel is partly to blame for hight prices of goods and services.
Amen!
Edit, your picture hadn't loaded before I responded..wtf!? Here in smAlbany, we're hovering around $4.30.. everything really is more expensive down there!😔

View attachment 235346
At least he's driving it, instead of throwing people under it! (sorry, couldn't resist).

^^^
I agree completely. Wasting your time and GAS looking to save a nickel a gallon is just silly. When I need gas, I just gas up. We have no control of the prices.

I agree about riding around for 5 cents. :) I mostly don't look but did today because of this thread. Reg gas was $439.

View attachment 235346
Respectfully disagree, The idioT was kicked off the bus, and now we're backing it up over him.🤣
I know it’s not gas, but got my August electric bill $579.00.😭😭 now I don’t live in a mansion at all. it’s a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom maybe 800-1000sq foot house. I don’t know what to do I really can’t afford this and gas prices over $3.50-$4.50 a gal, groceries up at least 40% and live on a fixed income. I would love to get extra work but with my disability in my back I can’t do to much physically, it’s so frustratin. They advertis and say free solar panels for homeowners, but they’re not free, they give you a tax credit. So being in my disabled situation I can’t get it lol. Or at least am not smart enough to figure out how CoL 😭 my only option is I guess to eat up my savings I have left. Cause Ive paid my taxes and my way my whole life till my back gave out. I can’t see how some people are able to survive. sorry for my pity party 🎉
My sister lives near Beantown, her electric bill was nearly 2k. Mine in FL for 2000 sq/ft with A/C set at 76 is about 40.00 more than last year or 200.00 .
I don't know what's eating your electricity but that's way high. My dad also in MA has solar, fixed income too. I hope you can find a way to make it work, he did his about 5 years ago. His bills are pretty much fixed, until the winter. Then it's $1000's in heating oil to keep the house warm.

Last edited:
There are some Gas stations charging 80 cents+ more per gal. than others. That is significant. But my regular spots are usually lowest anyway. They vary about a nickel or so from each other. But I wont drive around for 20 minutes scoping them out to save that nickel/gal. Makes no sense. If I am doing errands, shopping etc, and I pass a cheap station, I will gas up there if I need.:cool:

Hate T or not, Gas and energy was much less. This was great for our economy. That was T's goal. And he delivered.
All the Haters are sucking wind now as well.

Solar is not efficient. Especially in the North. Solar supports China where Panels and battery storage are made. Solar panels need to be replaced. Solar is a scam IMHO. Having little ROI for the end user. A whole solar industry that pushes this. They get the most benefit and funded by the Gov't to push it.

There are some Gas stations charging 80 cents+ more per gal. than others. That is significant. But my regular spots are usually lowest anyway. They vary about a nickel or so from each other. But I wont drive around for 20 minutes scoping them out to save that nickel/gal. Makes no sense. If I am doing errands, shopping etc, and I pass a cheap station, I will gas up there if I need.:cool:

Hate T or not, Gas and energy was much less. This was great for our economy. That was T's goal. And he delivered.
All the Haters are sucking wind now as well.

Solar is not efficient. Especially in the North. Solar supports China where Panels and battery storage are made. Solar panels need to be replaced. Solar is a scam IMHO. Having little ROI for the end user. A whole solar industry that pushes this. They get the most benefit and funded by the Gov't to push it.
Ain't hating at all. Unlike most The lovers, I recognize the fact that 1 guy has very little control over outside forces that afftect the globe. Much like the Pandemic, there wasn't much The or anyone could do to stop it. I never blamed anyone for that and only give the current bus driver a nod because he isn't up there micromanaging S he isn't an expert on. Lastly, The previously managed energy situation was a pass down from the big O's control. All The had to do was essentially " drive the bus" which he did, because we all know The had nothing else to tend with.

Not really agreeing with all of that above. :)
Potus now is a zero. A puppet. I did not vote for a puppet. Or the many Puppeteers in control. All I know is that we are no longer Energy independent. We are selling oil to China :rolleyes:, our Strategic Reserves.....what little we have. So who is to blame here?

Last edited:
The previously managed energy situation was a pass down from the big O's control. All The had to do was essentially " drive the bus" which he did, because we all know The had nothing else to tend with.
LOL.. That would mean the current managed energy situation would have had to do nothing from the previous and we would be in a better situation. Your very own logic at work!(y) When you close down key oil rigs (Alaska and GOM) in FEB of 21 by not renewing the leases, you now have created push inflation AKA supply and demand. Less supply with growing demand always = MO MONEY. Economics 101. This lesson is free.

Back