Whats the gas prices in your area?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He got just about wholesale pricing..
Was that seller drunk.. and mistaken him for some other big baller at the show/convention?
I think he had bought stuff from that guy in the past. Probably an appreciation deal....???

Still around the $3.30 mark locally for the lowest price. Most are still in the $3.40 range

A255203E-D404-4B1A-A556-6445EC1B6B00.png

Anyone understand this? Ok, so two weeks ago Oswego illinois which is directly next to Aurora Illinois has always 45-60 cents less. Ex: $3.87 in Oswego and $4.39, but now Oswego is $4.04 and Aurora is $4.04. Oswego had been significantly cheaper for the last 3-5 months but now it isn’t, why?

Anyone understand this? Ok, so two weeks ago Oswego illinois which is directly next to Aurora Illinois has always 45-60 cents less. Ex: $3.87 in Oswego and $4.39, but now Oswego is $4.04 and Aurora is $4.04. Oswego had been significantly cheaper for the last 3-5 months but now it isn’t, why?
Capitalism

I'm very familiar with that area, I drive it almost 3 times a week. Oswego is unpopulated in comparison to Aurora. Sometimes gas stations take a fuel price leader to get the fill up in hopes to get people to come in the store afterwards. Yes, they essentially eat the fuel cost difference. They make 80% of their annual profit on products they sell in store like chips, pop, candy ETC. Marketing 101.

Most of you all know this part >
Small shop owners tend to use gas prices as their "marketing" to attract folks to stop by their stores..
They're willing to take a hit on gas in hopes more customers will come in to make additional purchases, ie: coffee/drinks, snacks, smokes, etc etc.

Here's the part you may not know >
The cost of gasoline to be delivered to these gas stations are roughly the same for all stations in the region (unless you own a massive chain of stores, then you can negotiate lower costs, but not by much. Cause Federal & State taxes.)

Gas station owners are asked/required to Pay in Full upon delivery-
Those gas tankers carry about ~10,000 gallons per trip to the store. So if the actual cost of gas per gallon is -let's say $2.17

You're looking at $21,700 that the shop owner must cut a check for ,on the spot.
That's a hefty bill.

As a small station owner, they must raise their retail prices on gas just to break even/stay in business.

Do really want to know I’m in Southern California 5.95
Its funny to see people complaining about $3 or $4 a gallon.. they should come to Los Angeles and see what we got going on here, try over $7 a gallon for supreme unleaded..
Most of you all know this part >
Small shop owners tend to use gas prices as their "marketing" to attract folks to stop by their stores..
They're willing to take a hit on gas in hopes more customers will come in to make additional purchases, ie: coffee/drinks, snacks, smokes, etc etc.

Here's the part you may not know >
The cost of gasoline to be delivered to these gas stations are roughly the same for all stations in the region (unless you own a massive chain of stores, then you can negotiate lower costs, but not by much. Cause Federal & State taxes.)

Gas station owners are asked/required to Pay in Full upon delivery-
Those gas tankers carry about ~10,000 gallons per trip to the store. So if the actual cost of gas per gallon is -let's say $2.17

You're looking at $21,700 that the shop owner must cut a check for ,on the spot.
That's a hefty bill.

As a small station owner, they must raise their retail prices on gas just to break even/stay in business.
I have had small gas station owners tell me that they literally make pennies per gallon of gas sold, I wasn’t sure it was true but I believe it now after this past year

Back