Outcast What's the "go to" upgraded aftermarket Motor/ESC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sb09

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Looks like I've trashed my stock motor on my 6S Outcast. What is the go to aftermarket setup for these?

There are many options but it is hard to beat $45.00 for a new BLX 2050 motor on ebay that will pop right in.

For aftermarket I'd say there is the castle 2200kv combo (id go with MM2 esc combo) Could get a little hot depending on the gearing choices.

Other than that the typical go to is a Hobby Wing self pieced together combo. Many like the Max 6 over the Max 8 and their 4274 motor. Many on the site have been using hobby star motors also with the HW esc.

My ideal pieced together combo (for a basher) would probably be the Castle MM2 esc and a TP Power TP4050 6d-1950kv
If you do get a D-wind motor be sure to configure the ESC to 0 degrees timing. Most castle ESCs come default with 10 deg.

Last edited:
I'd go with a max6 and a 1800-2000kv motor. I've been relatively ok with stock for the past year. The esc overheats if I push it too hard. Been contemplating getting a max6 to run with my stock motor to be able to handle the 20 minute runs at my bmx track.

There are many options but it is hard to beat $45.00 for a new BLX 2050 motor on ebay that will pop right in.

For aftermarket I'd say there is the castle 2200kv combo (id go with MM2 esc combo) Could get a little hot depending on the gearing choices.

Other than that the typical go to is a Hobby Wing self pieced together combo. Many like the Max 6 over the Max 8 and their 4274 motor. Many on the site have been using hobby star motors also with the HW esc.

My ideal pieced together combo (for a basher) would probably be the Castle MM2 esc and a TP Power TP4050 6d-1950kv
If you do get a D-wind motor be sure to configure the ESC to 0 degrees timing. Most castle ESCs come default with 10 deg.
Yo is this motor good? I have a castle 2200 now and it gets kinda hot with the new belted tires. Not like overly hot but 145 so I'm thinking of going down in KV and upping the cell from 4s to 5s. I was going to get a tekin t8 but they aren't really element proof and I run in mud and sand and snow a lot.

Yo is this motor good? I have a castle 2200 now and it gets kinda hot with the new belted tires. Not like overly hot but 145 so I'm thinking of going down in KV and upping the cell from 4s to 5s. I was going to get a tekin t8 but they aren't really element proof and I run in mud and sand and snow a lot.
on 4s the 2200kv should be great for those heavy load scenarios (sand, mud, and snow)
With 6s it will overheat in a hurry.

Last edited:
I ran the Castle 2200 kv motor in my Kraton on 6s and it couldn't handle it. It would thermal all the time (I ran it sensored). I eventually moved it to my Typhon and it does much better there.

Yes I know. That's why I only run 4s. I'm asking about the tp motor you were talking about.
I have not personally used that motor in a scenario like you have described so I cannot say for 100% sure.
I think going 1700-1900 kv range should be a wise move if the loads are high and you run big tires.

I'm currently running the Arrma 2000kv red motor from a Nero with MMX ESC. I went through testing a few motors, the Castle 2200KV can't handle 6s, even stepping down to a 14t pinion it overheated. I also tried a Poseidion P1515 2200kv, but it overheated too. I'm running 15T pinion in the Outcast and this combo doesn't overheat. I did add a Wild Turbo fan mod to the ESC and motor fan shroud. This motor does make a lot of noise though, I'm kind of looking for a different option.

When I went through all of this, Castle was just coming out with the new sensored motors. I see the new sensored 1512 1800kv, and thinking that looks good with the MMX, but they're out of stock. Anyone have any other options working well? I see a lot of talk about Leopard motors, but they look cheap to me. Also talk of TP, I'll have to look into their offerings.

Neu Castle 2200kv Dual fans 42 size
Mamba Monster X

Drive like Maniac 6s . Stock Pinion. Car is Talion 6s . ceramic 7 bearings 2-3k lighter diffoils

Minium 30 runs. nO Issues

Talion is very good offroad and speedrunner at same time.
110km/h without issues.

Outcast should make this too i Believe.
This is higher car, but shorter.
It should be the same i think.

IF YOU want know more, i can tell.'

59us is price for brand new Motor CASTLE CREATION NEU 2200KV 1515 42size
6.5 connectors XT90 esc and battery connectors dual made
2x3s 5000mah 40 cont-80c max lipos

Totally Beast
I have test this car couple times and this is 2 much power. Insane

I give this combo 6 of 10
because it is so insane.

I believe 2000kv and some better esc is best
Just bash after, stay stock oils and normal better bearings the cheap big brands

this car also got 32 or was it 34kg servo .
This is great

Last edited:
Maybe Talion is lighter, or your surfaces are hard pack. I mostly run in grass, which is thick here in Florida. 2200kv won't cut it on 6S even with extra fans and 14t pinion. How you use it has a lot to do with the load on the electronics, which results in heat.

grass is insane heavy drive in

42 size you want then for shure
1800-2000kv 4-5 s
And maybe 13t pinion

I will do Ice racing this winter with steel spikes.
Did this before with my Gasoline FG car before alot.

I have order one 180a esc and 42 size 2000kv motor.
I will drive Mojave 1/7 this way .
My new plans i got this Morning.

I don't know if i drive it 4 , 5 or 6s
Must see and feel alot before i can talk about this
If i feel any success i will tell.
Im not the secret guy

Last edited:
I also found the 2200kv gets hot on 6s in a hurry. That motor seems to like 3s and 4s.
Ideally a larger motor in the 1600-1900kv range is your best bet to keep things cool. I still like the BLX 2050kv unless you have added lots of heavy upgrades to the truck.

Last edited:
I didn't buy a truck with 6s in the name to run any less!

I acquired a E-Revo 2.0 and I must say it's a huge improvement in strength over the original. It's bone stock and I haven't broken anything in a few mild bash sessions except for both rear shock ends popped off doing a few cartwheels, but I put it back together with 0 broken parts and kept going. Bone stock it runs 6s in the same environment without heat issues. I just like the playful nature of the Outcast better.

I didn't buy a truck with 6s in the name to run any less!

I acquired a E-Revo 2.0 and I must say it's a huge improvement in strength over the original. It's bone stock and I haven't broken anything in a few mild bash sessions except for both rear shock ends popped off doing a few cartwheels, but I put it back together with 0 broken parts and kept going. Bone stock it runs 6s in the same environment without heat issues. I just like the playful nature of the Outcast better.
I did the same. Had the v1, then got a v2 roller and moved my v1 electronics over. With v2 stock gearing (I think it's 15/52, it's what I'm at), the 2200 gets warm, but with a fan stays under 160F in the grass. However, it's slower, so stock gearing must be lower than 13T in my outcast is. At least I think it's slower... it comes up about 10 feet short when hitting the same jumps at WOT.

Oddly, 3 years on my v1 with 4S and everything was fine. Didn't even have a motor fan. 2 bash sessions on 6S and the MXL-6S died on me.

Even with a 13T in my outcast, it still overheats the esc after about 15 minutes. The packs I run get me 18-20 minutes of pretty constant run time at my grass bmx track.

I run trencher 3.8's wrapped with kevlar string on both. A few aluminum upgrades on the outcast (HR chassis braces, Arrma diff cups, HR motor mount/top plate/front center diff mount, rear M2C skid, titanium towers).

Last edited:
I just got a t8 to try out. Got it cheap so well see. If not I'll just run it in my rc8 its only a 1350kv so I hope it's fast enough on 6s should do about 50 with a 14t

Ok so I just installed a tekin t8 gen2 1350kv motor onto my mamba monster 2 speed control. Wow!!! I thought that it would be slower then the castle 1515 2200kv but I was wrong. Same gearing on the castle but with 4s got to hot in about 7-8 minutes running in my grassy yard. The tekin on 6s ran the batteries out and didn't get over 140. Plus it's so much faster its nuts. I seriously can't believe how much more torque it has. I knew it would be torquey but wow. And no more checking the heat every 2 minutes. My advice to you is to go with this set up. It's seriously a monster now.
**Any body looking for a castle 1515 2200kv motor with boca ceramic orange seal bearings installed just private message me**

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back