What's the one comment that has stuck with you, that you've heard while driving your RC's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seniors: is it gas or electric powered? “it’s nuclear”
People with dogs: is that your electric dog? “this one does listen“
Kids (with dad): dad I want that. “of course you do, full throttle”
Dad (with kid): how fast does it go. “full throttle on sand in front of him” Dad looking at son: Hmm thats faster than the one we have.
My age with GF/wife: that’s cool. “Smile”

Last edited:
Old mate chases me down at the local netball courts and asks me what car I was driving.
"HPI Savage XS" I say.
He asks a few questions about batteries. (i was using 3S lips)
Cool he says "I just bought my boy a Traxxas for his birthday... the one with the NIMH battery"
Insert awkward silence.......

A kid once walked up to me with his mum in a park and asked me for a turn of my Kraton 6s. I hadn't had it for long and I had already done some upgrades so it was getting what I consider pricey. So I gently said "no, sorry mate, its to expensive to be lending to people". He started crying and went back to his mum. I felt like poop but I don't think he would have had a spare $1000 to replace it if he drove it into one of the many tree's it the park and to be honest nor did I. If it was one of my slower, less expensive RC's, I might have given him a go.

On a walk with my wife last week I heard the high pitch BL noise in the back ground. We rounded a corner and I noticed a RC running in the street. The guy saw us and almost made it a point to drive it down the street towards us, turn around and run it hard back to him.

As we approached him standing on the curb I said "VXL Rustler on 2s?" and it was almost like he begrudgingly said "yep" like he wanted more questions about his RC car lol. I said I own a couple of other slower brands.. :p

I rip packs in front street of the house all the time. My two young neighbors always ask to run my cars, tell them same thing every time, you will wreck in a matter of seconds, too much power for you guys. I don't feel bad anymore because I know the consequences.

"Wow, that's really cool! How much do one of those cost? Oh uhhh, yikes, that's crazy."
Do you tell them the RTR price or what it really costs? ??

So far I haven't driven mine around anyone but my flying buddies, now I have a pretty good idea what to expect. ?

I got to get one.
How much does it cost.
where did you buy it.

Ripping in front of house today, guy pulls up on bicycle, first question out his mouth....Is That Gas! ?‍♂️

4f3er1.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back