Kraton what's the proper procedure for setting the droop screws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaper 007

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I need help..what's the proper procedure for setting the droop screws..I keep tearing out shock rod ends..

I put the truck on a stand and remove one end of the shock (either tower end or A-Arm end) . I then set the droop so I have to slightly compress the shock to get the end back on the tower/A-Arm.

^ I do that but I adjust to the end of shock travel. undo the shock, let the arm hang down, adjust droop screw until you can slide the shock pin in/out smoothly without compressing/extending shock.

adjusting to slightly having to compress the shock in is the safer way. gives you a little bit of leeway if there's some wear on the droop screw/chassis.

^ I do that but I adjust to the end of shock travel. undo the shock, let the arm hang down, adjust droop screw until you can slide the shock pin in/out smoothly without compressing/extending shock.

adjusting to slightly having to compress the shock in is the safer way. gives you a little bit of leeway if there's some wear on the droop screw/chassis.

It's the flex of the plastic A-arms that worry me. You have to account for that.

^you're right about that. I'll be readjusting my droop screws

do you run stock arms or rpm? I used to run rpm but they tend to sag bad after a while. the stockers keep their shape a bit better and i have yet to brake one

^you're right about that. I'll be readjusting my droop screws

do you run stock arms or rpm? I used to run rpm but they tend to sag bad after a while. the stockers keep their shape a bit better and i have yet to brake one

Kraton has all RPM (second set because the first sagged). Typhon stock. Notorious RPM on the front, stock on the rear.

Thanks guys..I'm still running the stock A arms..but i do have a set of RPM arms..i won't put those on until i can get a handle on this droop..besides I'll run the stock ones during the winter just in case something breaks..because bashing doesn't take a winter break..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back