Talion What's the purpose of the Talion XL build?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Dylan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
I keep seeing these "XL" builds. I'm thinking about getting a Talion and am wondering why people make them XL and what difference does it make when driving the car? Thanks

I keep seeing these "XL" builds. I'm thinking about getting a Talion and am wondering why people make them XL and what difference does it make when driving the car? Thanks
I like the extra stability that my K6S XL gives me. And it's fun to do at least. These things are like Legos 😁

Fun and it behaves very nicely and is stable, all personal preference.

Been pondering getting a Kraton XL chassis. Are the XL's harder to flip?? I assume the longer the wheelbase the harder it gets to flip them. I have a Mojave so I'm kinda familiar with the LWB.

Is it hard to flip or wheelie with the long wheel base?

The only other 6s Arrma I had before my FireTeam was my Infraction, but my stock FireTeam is very stable with the stock dif/wheel setup and it is probably as stable, or more stable, than my stock E-Revo 2.0 VXL.

I have the Max 6 and 1650KV motor 23T pinion in mine. I can wheelie all I want. I do use the smaller K4s V2 tires.
I would be surprised if my FireTeam will wheelie now, even with your combo, but I haven't tested it since I lowered it and put the silver 53/107 Hoons on it. :unsure:

PXL_20230130_164904748.jpg

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/big-rock-v3-3s-blx-body-and-chassis-extended-build-project.56253/.
Not sure about the talion but my Big Papa long Rock is in its own class. By it self🤟😁👍
I misunderstood this thread.i was under the impression you were asking about why people were doing extendo builds when you said xl .meaning xtra long.🤣🤣 I'm doing a extended build project on my big Rock by using 2 lwb chassis merged together.my apologies for miss understanding your question. My Big Papa long Rock is 32" long from front splitter to rear diffuser. Now thats a XXL I would say.there is also longer builds by @StephenSchandelmayer and @Tex Koder .check out their builds also..they are awesome.

Along with the handling, stability benefits and appearance, I think people just like to modify and do something different with their rigs. Customize it.

Also isn't bigger, better? 😉😆

That's what she says 🤣😂🤣
Before I extended my Big Papa long Rock it was unstable.even at speeds around mid thirty's and worse after.very squirmy. Now it's almost perfect.when I first started my extendo build I didn't do it to make it stable honestly just wanted to build the longest Big rock.i did alot of searching and no one had started a build thread on it.even on the web I saw no videos of it posted so I decided to start my journey and claim that I'm the first one to do this by merging two chassis together on the BRcc .And I wanted to make a street machine.its a half a inch off the ground.and I've been modifying the BRCc body.i bought a 2nd body and been chopping it up to extend and modify it.im not done yet with it..I'll update my build thread as I progress .check it out and enjoy.👍😁
Just some quick pics but not final results of the body since I'm not done .but when I am I will be painting it glossy black with red racing strips..and final touches will be my extensive led lights that I'll install back on ..also making a real ram air hood scoop which will cool my esc by a induction tube to it..I love to customize and modify.i don't like original.i like different or unique..that's what makes this hobby awesome and exciting 👍😁
Lately my problem I'm having is being so damn indecisive.i can't make my mind on the body.i have three ideas and I love them all. Lol I will eventually pick one..I love the open rear but I also love the other ideas I have .not easy choosing sorry for boring you guys😂😂

Attachments

• IMG_20221203_205506146.jpg
    IMG_20221203_205506146.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20221203_205015980.jpg
    IMG_20221203_205015980.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20230120_232719718.jpg
    IMG_20230120_232719718.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
The v3 Talion is the best chassis layout for cg balance that Arrma designed, the only reason to make it XLWB would be to say you did. The shocks are laid down from short towers and offer minimal articulation compared to fireteam/notorious.

The v3 Talion is the best chassis layout for cg balance that Arrma designed, the only reason to make it XLWB would be to say you did. The shocks are laid down from short towers and offer minimal articulation compared to fireteam/notorious.
6s EXB Talion and Kraton are the next 2 cars on my list. Here's to hoping one of those 2 are on sale during the inevitable spring sale in a couple of months. :sneaky:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back