What's this servo for???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Granite Mega
  4. Infraction
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Nero
  7. Notorious
  8. Typhon 3s
Saw a listing on Kijiji for a RC 10 Team Associated.
Looked up the pictures and noticed a servo that I couldn't tell the purpose of.
I knew for sure someone here could rc-splain it to me.
Is it just some kind of mechanical speed controller?? Like a dimmer light switch but for the motor?

Thanks

Screenshot_2022-11-19-20-23-45-056_com.ebay.kijiji.ca.jpg

Screenshot_2022-11-19-20-23-29-217_com.ebay.kijiji.ca.jpg

Cool... So what is the red box? Capacitors? Would this controller send power directly to the motor?

The red is the original battery holder.
The owner dyed it RED.. it was originally white-ish beige. So was the front suspension arms and steering blocks ,they looked to have been dyed orange.

And that was a very earlier version of the speed controller.

Overall it looks to be in great ,near mint shape. Does he have a photo of the underside of the aluminum chassis?
How much is the seller asking?

I still have the original box for my RC-10..
I just wished I didn't 'drill out' the original gold pan - my stupid attempt in trying to make it "lighter"..

The red is the original battery holder.
The owner dyed it RED.. it was originally white-ish beige. So was the front suspension arms and steering blocks ,they looked to have been dyed orange.

And that was a very earlier version of the speed controller.

Overall it looks to be in great ,near mint shape. Does he have a photo of the underside of the aluminum chassis?
How much is the seller asking?
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-hobbies-craft/owen-sound/rc-10-team-associated/1639585520

No underside picture but is asking $525 CND
Awesome info everyone. Follow up though... What's the deal with this warning?
Screenshot_2022-11-20-01-52-16-408_com.android.chrome.jpg

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-hobbies-craft/owen-sound/rc-10-team-associated/1639585520

No underside picture but is asking $525 CND
Awesome info everyone. Follow up though... What's the deal with this warning?View attachment 257303
It's a ceramic resistor.. that is how different rpm was acquired.. it's like a blower motor resistor in your real car, each speed is a different resistance.. except, the resistance was changed through voltage..

At wide open a mechanical speed control was a dead short, bypassing the resistor completely.. At that point it's a direct connection, motor to battery...👍..

Those resistors as mentioned would get glowing hot, melt skin with a quickness.. They typically came with an aluminum guard over them to avoid direct skin contact...

It's a ceramic resistor.. that is how different rpm was acquired.. it's like a blower motor resistor in your real car, each speed is a different resistance.. except, the resistance was changed through voltage..

At wide open a mechanical speed control was a dead short, bypassing the resistor completely.. At that point it's a direct connection, motor to battery...👍..

Those resistors as mentioned would get glowing hot, melt skin with a quickness.. They typically came with an aluminum guard over them to avoid direct skin contact...
I swear I remember seeing some that had heatsinks on them.

This looks a lot like a Novak T-1x. That was MOAESCs when I was young.
1668962329961.png

Edit: Now that I look at it more closely, it's the Rooster w/reverse, isn't it? The T-1x didn't have those raised areas in front and behind the heatsink.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back