Granite What's up with my slipper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
Granite mega with stock slipper. It accelerates slowly and whines under full throttle. I have taken the entire car apart (even diffs) and can't find any issues.

The problem only goes away if I tighten the slipper nut 100%. Will this cause any other problems? Should I replace the slipper assembly?

Thanks. It worked better than the stock pad? Is it able to handle more power?
I am also very curious about these…how is it working?
They won't wear out like the stock ones. Ideally you don't want the slipper all the way tightened down to save the plastic gears from stripping. If you have all metal gears, you could tighten it down more but it could also stress other plastic parts like the driveshafts. If everything were made of metal, then you probably could tighten it down.

Can anyone confirm if i need the motor mount or not?
And is there a downside to this?
I lost track, are you swapping to the BLX slipper? If you are changing to the BLX slipper, with the 32p gears, you will need the motor mount, or modify your Mega plastic motor mount. The holes pre-drilled for pinion spacing won't line up when you swap tooth pitch.

If you are sticking with the Mega slipper and spur, you don't need to swap the motor mount.

I lost track, are you swapping to the BLX slipper? If you are changing to the BLX slipper, with the 32p gears, you will need the motor mount, or modify your Mega plastic motor mount. The holes pre-drilled for pinion spacing won't line up when you swap tooth pitch.

If you are sticking with the Mega slipper and spur, you don't need to swap the motor mount.
This isn’t true for the V3. Both mega and blx come with adjustable motor mount housing that is exactly the same size. The blx just has aluminum integrated into the plastic for rigidity.

This isn’t true for the V3. Both mega and blx come with adjustable motor mount housing that is exactly the same size. The blx just has aluminum integrated into the plastic for rigidity.
Well, the Arrma-RC site shows the plastic motor mount in both the exploded view drawing, and the pictures of the truck. But this is easy for the OP to check on his truck, if the motor mount is black, it is plastic and needs to be swapped, if it is bright red, he is good. (y)

Back