Notorious Whats Wrong?/What did I Break?/ What did I do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbx123

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Old Man Newbie here. So I just noticed that on one side of a front arm, some fittings are loose, but I do not know why. Can someone advise me. I have circled the areras that I am referring to in the pic below.
Front Arm.PNG

All help is truly appreciated! Roy

It's quite common for them to back out.. reach a driver through the red hex and screw them back in..?.. I would remove all shims behind the pillow balls.. this will insure the dog bones stay seated in the cups.. ?

Last edited:
So they just unscrewed? No need to replace the arms ans you say to take the shim out as well, correct?

Roy
you can tighten the pivot balls and snug those up. You do that by using a 2.5mm and go thru the red hex.

this video will disassemble the whole pivot assembly and show you how it works and how to maintenance it. ????

Thank you so much! This forum and you are the Bomb!

So they just unscrewed? No need to replace the arms ans you say to take the shim out as well, correct?

Roy

you bet ?? Glad to help out.

I always take the top and bottom shims out too. If you are planning to do this. It’s a little tricky to take em off. You gotta unscrew the top and bottom little at a time together. If that makes sense ? Make sure you use a very good 2.5mm hex tool are they can strip if your not on em just right.

Roy

Yes, they back out from the action of the suspension, they can also pull out if hit hard enough.. just keep an eye on them.. and yes remove all shims.. ?

The bottom one is a washer, you have to back the pivot ball all the way out to remove it. The top one is a plastic c-clip kind of shim. If you just loosen the top pivot ball a bit, you should be able to pull it out.

I had to remove the washer/shims and shave my arms by 1-2mm to keep the dog bone end from popping out on the front of my outcast. I'm running RPM arms that have some age on them, so they are a bit bent/flexy.

LOL, Not yet. I keep finding more broken things. Damn that Jump ramp and my lack of Skill.

THIS WEEKEND I START AND HOPEFULLY FINISH ALL MY REPAIRS...... we shall see....LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back