What's wrong with my Notorious Center Diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrescht

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Notorious
Can somebody help me and tell me what happened to the center diff of my Notorious 6S.
Was there maybe some bigger stone caught below or was it just getting too hot?
I opened the diff and there is plenty of diff oil in it, so it looks ok from that side to me.
The function is also still good as you can easily turn the diff by hand without much effort.
Should I just replace the plastic housing or even upgrade it to the EXB aluminium version.

Any hints/help will be much appreciated.
20210427_222738.jpg

There was surely a stone. This just happened to me! The rock was wedged and I didn’t see it until the next day, but it was jammed in there. It did make a small hole. So I’m just waiting for my parts to come in.

Regardless which way you go, I'd replace the cup before driving it anymore. Either with the HR one piece, arrma 2 piece or even stock plastic. That thing has to be paper thin at some spots.

Regardless which way you go, I'd replace the cup before driving it anymore. Either with the HR one piece, arrma 2 piece or even stock plastic. That thing has to be paper thin at some spots.
Yeap and is now more prone to melting lol

I recently bought some arrma metal diff carriers. Put one together and will install it before I run my Kraton this Friday so we'll see how it holds up haha

Back