What's your BIGGEST mistake in RC.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buying a t-maxx... then doubling down and buying another one because after converting my first one to a big block, it was always broken. lol! That was 16 years ago, they weren't made nearly as well as they are today, or I'm guessing so. The diffs and axles were a constant issue.

I didn't have issues on my revo's until I put big blocks in them, then the transmission would explode. $120 of RRP steel gears and then they were fine. Even the plastic sliders held up fine as did the diffs.

Not knowing what I wanted was the biggest issue I ran into with my RC purchases.

I think I honestly want and like 2WD Stadium Truck/Truggy these days.

I started this hobby late in life. Every time when I was a kid and asked for RC car I would always end up getting a tethered POS. Remember the Lambo Countach at JC Penny? I ASKED for that... I also asked for a Tyco Animal. Got a some stupid tethered cable NASCAR, and for the animal some stupid Rudolph the Raindeer....

Anyways I watched a bunch of reviews and saw what I wanted to do with it. Well I ended up with a SCT the Senton 3S because I thought it looked super cool... dumb. Should have bought a Granite... But WAIT I hate short wheel base MTs! So I dumped my Redcat Kaiju!

So yeah I made a lot of mistakes and could have saved a few grand before really finding out that I enjoy some of this, and the rest are just if I want to try it out.

Buying a Granite MEGA instead of a 3S for my son. It was not a complete mistake, as the price was right for something we didn't know he'd enjoy or not, but burning a motor every few packs got frustrating rapidly.

I'm done with it and my son is now without a functionning RC truck until the Granite V3 arrives at my LHS. The Mega will end its life as a parts donor for the new 3S.

First would be selling my Nitro collection years ago.
Second would be buying a DHK Zombie of FB Marketplace. After the motor went at the weekend we just picked up an Arrma Granite 3s BLX from LHS. It’s a handful of fun! Think I may need to have a look at slipper clutch on outcast this week.

Buying a Granite Mega 4x4 and dumping close to $700 into it. And then a Senton and doing the same ? In my defense the BLX versions didn't exist at the time. But I should have just bought a Kraton.

I would love to say E-Maxx, but my v1 Revo ended up in several hundred pieces :ROFLMAO: Then there was that box of ebay junk I blew $200 on. It had 3 RCat blackouts & a volcano in it with 6 broken chassis. All of that garbage is stewing in a landfill or hopefully been recycled. Just think, any of us could be using the POS's right now & not even know :LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back