What's your BIGGEST mistake in RC.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
buying a losi mini8
I like my Mini 8ight T! It handles like a dream but it definitely has it's problems. I decked it out with a lot of Exotek but the diff cup screws kept shearing so it's been shelved. I think they're M1.6 size. I wonder if there are some titanium screws I can use instead?

Screenshot_20200723-182943~2.png

Would anyone know the size of these screws?

good thread for a beginner like myself, will be following this for sure...lol

I am still new and learning....but I break more on my rig due to self... Overtighten too much to the point I order the same part because I put too much force on it.

At this point, I am my biggest mistake
I've been at this with 'hobby grade' stuff since the mid 90's and I'm still learning. ;)

Buying a Mini E-Revo with the Arrma Typhon 3s following at a close second.

Buying a 2wd Slash. It eats parts.

My biggest mistake - trying too hard to save $50-$100 on a $300-$500 toy, and end up buying junk, thinking one or two mods will make it "just as good".

Close second - spending months and months and $$ and $$$ and $$$$ trying to get said junk car through one battery without breaking...

Worst offender - my 1/16 ACME/Turnigy 'Extreme' SCT.. Most expensive "budget" car I have ever owned... LOL.

Buy all my traxxas trucks over the years. Definitely my biggest mistake. Pretty much gave them all away. Even fully upgraded they just don't hold up

Building a Granite from the chassis up! This was my second rig when I got back into the hobby. I definitely built an awesome Granite 4s. Cost me a ton of money. Would of been way cheaper to start with the RTR. Live and you learn!?

Buying a Granite 4x4 mega instead of a BLX version.

Edit: How to choose between the lower price and the higher price... Go with the higher price. I've spent about triple amount of money of a 4x4 mega to get the freakin bastard running smooth....

Still missing blx slipper ?

Trying to get an ecx ruckus 4x4 to hold together on 3s and full send... should have just started with the arrma

Trying to get an ecx ruckus 4x4 to hold together on 3s and full send... should have just started with the arrma
Everyone I know that has had one of those hated it, looked like it had major diff issues. If I remember correctly it is based off the Himoto E platform so it is no wonder it wasn't that great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back