What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes you wonder about the product when they can't even make an effort to check their item description. Could flip a coin, but I'm going with 5200mAh...

What I read when you noted the Url..... details have to be of the item and hope they are 5200 mah that are ordered not 5000 mah or vica verca.

What I read when you noted the Url..... details have to be of the item and hope they are 5200 mah that are ordered not 5000 mah or vica verca.
The picture shows 5200mAh. What's that old saying, "a picture speaks a thousand words". I'd be surprised if they weren't 5200mAh...However, the run-time difference between 200mAh would be minimal.

ZOP has a pretty good reputation among quad flyers. And those brushless racing quads put a hurting on batteries - LVC in under 5 minutes! Plus crashes that send the battery flying / bouncing away...

Makes you wonder about the product when they can't even make an effort to check their item description. Could flip a coin, but I'm going with 5200mAh...
I blame Google translate.

So are the SMC batteries better than the Turnigy Graphene batteries? I’m ready to order a 6S battery and I can either get the SMC 5400mah hard pack battery for $100 or a Graphene 6000mah soft pack for about $115.

So are the SMC batteries better than the Turnigy Graphene batteries? I’m ready to order a 6S battery and I can either get the SMC 5400mah hard pack battery for $100 or a Graphene 6000mah soft pack for about $115.
From everything I have seen graphine batteries are not worth what they charge for them. I would get the Turnigy HD batteries before I bought the graphines.

Are there any Li-Po battery brands that are more prone to counterfeiting?

18650 round li-ion cells get counterfeited a lot. Used / recycled batteries from bigger batteries (laptop, tool batteries) are broken down for the cells, and the cells will often be re-heatshrinked and relabeled as having 2x to 4x the mah that they actually do. I think I read the best "real" 18650 has about 2800-3000mah, but ebay and amazon list piles of 5000+mah cells, all 'fake' relabeled cells, often with less than 1000mah.

For our flat cell, high C rated batteries, though, I have not seen/heard of anything like that. Sometime you will hear about a battery that does not quite make it's rated mah, but they are mostly close enough to blame mfgr tolerances...

So after running the packs I have for around 20 ish times now they are All holding up good both physically and internally or health of cells.

Running a bunch of SMC 3s and 4s packs and turnigy nano 3s packs and power hobby 4s packs

Hey guys, newbie here!

Picked up a 2nd hand Kraton v3, and got two RFI (never heard of the brand before, which is why I’m assuming they’re dirt cheap) 4s 5000mah 30c (says 60c burst) to go with it.

Does that mean that these lipos are just below spec and that I shouldn’t use them in the car at all?

I read 35c is minimum at 5k mah, but I don’t know if the ‘burst’ rating has anything to do with it?

Thanks,
Joel

Attachments

• 1622B8FA-2074-4136-BF10-8CF87FD6F5CD.jpeg
    1622B8FA-2074-4136-BF10-8CF87FD6F5CD.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 52
still new to lipo's and used to double battery trays and running dual 2s packs in my Summit. For a 4s set up is it better to use a single 4s or two 2s packs, same for going 6s. I had bought a Venom Pro Quad 100x4 other than taking longer to charge up will be fine, yes?

Other than slow, yes that charger should work find.

As for 2x2s vs 1x4s, I do both, and don't have any issue with either when it comes to running. For charging, I prefer the single packs, just because I can hit 2 x 4s at 10a and have a battery for myself and my son done in 30 minutes. If I go 2x2s, both charger channels are occupied with "one run" worth of battery.

I've got the new 6S pack from SMC and it works well. Can't say for sure, but there is a hair more room. i'd think 2 x 3s packs would fit tightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back