What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the general consensus is HRB packs are good? I’m debating a 5000mah 3S pack on Amazon for $40. Seems like a good deal....
I am running one HRB 6S 6000 mAH 22.2 volt in my Notorious, it is amazing but I don't have anything to compare it to. I'm looking for either another 6S or a 4s for bashing as the 6s is very, very quick to wheelie and it would be nice to give up some speed for additional riding time. I'd love feedback from someone who can compare the HRB to other brands. Thanks!

I am running one HRB 6S 6000 mAH 22.2 volt in my Notorious, it is amazing but I don't have anything to compare it to. I'm looking for either another 6S or a 4s for bashing as the 6s is very, very quick to wheelie and it would be nice to give up some speed for additional riding time. I'd love feedback from someone who can compare the HRB to other brands. Thanks!
Giving up speed for riding time? Sorry im rather new so a little confused by that. Are you saying a 4s will be slower but run longer when compared to a 6s?
And people seem to run multiple batteries instead of one battery in case they lose a cell the financial hit.wont be to hard but... arent you supposed to run batteries as a set for life? I thought it wasnt good to run a old battery together with a brand new battery

Giving up speed for riding time? Sorry im rather new so a little confused by that. Are you saying a 4s will be slower but run longer when compared to a 6s?
And people seem to run multiple batteries instead of one battery in case they lose a cell the financial hit.wont be to hard but... arent you supposed to run batteries as a set for life? I thought it wasnt good to run a old battery together with a brand new battery
The voltage of the battery won't make any difference in the run time, that is controlled by the mah of the battery so a 5000mah 4s lipo should last about the same amount of time as a 5000mah 6s battery.
And no you should never mix new and old batteries, over time your batteries lose their capacity so the older battery will drain faster than the new one. And most escs read the total voltage not the voltage of each pack or cell so the older battery could get drained below safe levels easily in this situation especially with the stock esc and its low lvc setting.

What about charging time? Does charging two 3s lipos go faster than charging one 6s with the same mah of course? Provided your charger can charge 2 batteries at once.

What about charging time? Does charging two 3s lipos go faster than charging one 6s with the same mah of course? Provided your charger can charge 2 batteries at once.
Someone please correct me if im wrong but feom what i understand as long as you have a sufficient charger it will take the same amount of time to charge 2x 3s vs 1x 6s batteries. And they have to be same mah of course

So whats the pro to buying 2x 3s vs 1x 6s batteries?

If one dies, I can use the single in one of my 1/10 scale 2s/3s cars.
Depends on the charger. You need 25w per cell. So if you have a 50w two channel charger, you can charge 2x2s at 5 amps, but one 4s will max out the charger at 3.2a - slower charge. If your charger is 100w per channel, then it can charge either pack at 5a.

I am using a gensacearespammers 6500mah 2S lipo in my Granite 4x4 BLX. won a lipo battery shootout that compared a bunch of 2S lipos. Check it out Big Squid website. Cost was $42.78 on Amazon with free Prime shipping. Using an EC5 adapter to connect it to the truck.

The voltage of the battery won't make any difference in the run time, that is controlled by the mah of the battery so a 5000mah 4s lipo should last about the same amount of time as a 5000mah 6s battery.
I don't think this is entirely true. The 5000 mAh 4S has a total stored power of 74 Wh, the 6S has 111 Wh. With a 6S the motor draws less amps to run the car at the same speed as a 4S, so it'll last 50% longer. But off course a 6S gives you the irresistible potential to blast 50% harder and that way the battery won't last much longer than a 4S ;)

I have check out the ZEEE lipo web site but there is little imfo about them.

amazon has some review's on them 2s is cheap

Yeah I want to buy a 6S and 3S pack...anyone know of any sales? I knew I should have bought them on Presidents Day from HK...they had a decent sale going....

zeee any one?
Usually with the batteries from ebay and Amazon they are kind of a crap shoot as to whether or not you get a good one or a bad one. These random name batteries are usually the ones that didn't quite make the QC cut for other companies and they can't just toss them out so they sell them for dirt cheap hoping they make back some of their money.
These batteries tend to not want to balance, the cells inside the pack drain at different levels, they puff easily, the mah rating is never close and I'm pretty sure that they pick the C rate out of a hat.

Last edited:
Before I start this is the charger that I have: https://www.commonsenserc.com/product_info.php?cPath=45&products_id=7099

I was looking into buying this charger: https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_119&product_id=499

Now is it a good idea to buy this battery with the charger that I have?

I know people mentioned that the battery is going to be heavy and I might be better off getting 2x 3S batteries. The issue is that my charger only charges one battery at a time.

Is it possible to get 2 3s batteries plus a dual charger for under $200?

or should I just buy that 6s battery?

I currently don't have any other RC cars at the moment. I don't think I'm going to get another electric rc vehicle for a while. I want to have longer bashing sessions.

Before I start this is the charger that I have: https://www.commonsenserc.com/product_info.php?cPath=45&products_id=7099

I was looking into buying this charger: https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_119&product_id=499

Now is it a good idea to buy this battery with the charger that I have?

I know people mentioned that the battery is going to be heavy and I might be better off getting 2x 3S batteries. The issue is that my charger only charges one battery at a time.

Is it possible to get 2 3s batteries plus a dual charger for under $200?

or should I just buy that 6s battery?

I currently don't have any other RC cars at the moment. I don't think I'm going to get another electric rc vehicle for a while. I want to have longer bashing sessions.

get 2 3s packs... if you love the Arrma product you will end up with a 3s truck... Then you just have to switch them to EC5 or the truck to xt90 and you have a versatile setup..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back