What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, you can get 2 3S HRB 5000mah packs for $80 on Amazon and I think the Venom Pro Duo charger for $110. Heck I think there are even combo deals on Amazon like this.

I run 7600mah packs and I will say they are heavy....I wish I would have went with lower capacity batteries to be honest....but I get 40 minutes of good runtime with them though. They are a bit much for big jumps.

i use lectron and power hobby batteries for my 6s trucks... The lectrons are pretty strong in my experience... You can get 2 6s packs online for like 140 i think...

Yeah, you can get 2 3S HRB 5000mah packs for $80 on Amazon and I think the Venom Pro Duo charger for $110. Heck I think there are even combo deals on Amazon like this.

I run 7600mah packs and I will say they are heavy....I wish I would have went with lower capacity batteries to be honest....but I get 40 minutes of good runtime with them though. They are a bit much for big jumps.

https://www.amazon.com/HRB-5000mAh-...refix=3s+hrb+lipo+500,aps,241&sr=8-2-fkmrnull

Is this the one you're referring too?

ive never heard of that battery...its really cheap though..

I was going to get HRB 3s....but hobbyking had 20% off and got Turnigy HD 5000mah 60c and Graphene Panther 3s 5000mah 75c...so far both run great...cant beat the Turnigy for the value $30...and got 2 graphene 3s for $100. Only got a few runs on both...turnigy is great....no sag on Panther...stays strong til lvc!

I was going to get HRB 3s....but hobbyking had 20% off and got Turnigy HD 5000mah 60c and Graphene Panther 3s 5000mah 75c...so far both run great...cant beat the Turnigy for the value $30...and got 2 graphene 3s for $100. Only got a few runs on both...turnigy is great....no sag on Panther...stays strong til lvc!

def do that @grandmachine 3s turnigy graphene 2 for $100 is the way to go..

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/graphene-5000mah-3s-75c.html

I take it these are it?

Is the 20% off already over?

I found a 10%off code online.

2 for 100 would be awesome but those are still better batteries than most likely a lectron and def a power hobby... Batteries are the most expensive thing in this hobby other than the car...
I was able to get them down to $120. Think they're still worth getting at that price?

i mean, you may be able to find a better deal.. RC superstore has lectron 3s 5200 for 45 i think... i would just do that... you will end up switching your kraton to a 6s single in the future most likely

i mean, you may be able to find a better deal.. RC superstore has lectron 3s 5200 for 45 i think... i would just do that... you will end up switching your kraton to a 6s single in the future most likely
Why would you switch to 6s?
Im confused about the 6s vs 2x 3s thing.
Most say get 2x 3s .
I don't see the point if your never going to get a 3s truck. One battery dies now your matched set is shot, youll still be oit a whole.set of batteries.
And is graphene worth a few extra bucks?
Shorter charging and longer life?

Why would you switch to 6s?
Im confused about the 6s vs 2x 3s thing.
Most say get 2x 3s .
I don't see the point if your never going to get a 3s truck. One battery dies now your matched set is shot, youll still be oit a whole.set of batteries.
And is graphene worth a few extra bucks?
Shorter charging and longer life?

are you asking why you would switch from 2 packs to a single?

1 pack is good if you plan on bashing hard... its one less plug and more secure....

I was able to get them down to $120. Think they're still worth getting at that price?

Yes...I believe 20% is over...was during superbowl...but u can try...code was GAMEON. I have 2 3s 5000mah...they both fit Kraton but tight...wont fit 6000mah. The benefit of 2 3s is if you damage 1 cell/battery you only have to replace 3s battery (cheaper). Even at $120 the graphene is a great deal...the battery stays strong for the entire run + they will probably last longer

I ended up coughing a little bit of money and ended up getting this instead:

https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_99&product_id=413

I also ended up buying a Venom Pro Duo, since Tower Hobbies offers easy pay.

Thanks for your help guys!
I'm not sure those will fit... they are pretty tall, especially when stacking them up. They are 37mm tall and 139mm long (so tall, but short). Whereas these are longer, but not as tall:
https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_99&product_id=506

Maybe they will fit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back