What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on others recommendations I've picked up a couple SMC Racing 4S 6500mah 60C packs. They perform excellently on my Senton so thanks for the recommendation! Very nice (and inexpensive) batteries, would buy again!

Would you get 2 X 2S packs or 1 4S?
The 4S would be a little bit cheaper but what would be the +side of going with 2X2S packs?
I'm sold on the SMC and SPS brands per the recommendations and you tube reviews.

Would you get 2 X 2S packs or 1 4S?
The 4S would be a little bit cheaper but what would be the +side of going with 2X2S packs?
I'm sold on the SMC and SPS brands per the recommendations and you tube reviews.

There was a thread started about this a week or so ago, IIRC in this forum.

well i wouldnt know cause i have never owned a 4s lipo. all i could say would be that charging 1 battery would be easier than charging 2. but i couldnt be happier with my two spc's. 6s is faster though

I have found the Lectron Lipo's to be not only very dependable, but last along time. I just got two new ones they are 3s 5200mah 50c and I paid under $100 for both! I have a few Venoms, but for the money, they aren't so good. I typically prefer to use MaxAmps, but damn they are expensive, but are bullt proof IMO.

"MCSGUY" on RCGroups did some pretty extensive testing on various LiPo batteries (link). Though he focuses on the major brands, there's definitely still some value to be had from a budget standpoint. I personally use three different brands right now: Turnigy Blue, Pulse (these are expensive), and Glacier (don't recommend - all three I bought are puffing up), all softcase. I have found that the Turnigy Blue's to hold up quite well.

Based on the comments in this thread, I may have to give SPC a try.

I use turnigy nano-tec, gforce (valuehobby) and spc. all great if ya ask me.

I will be honest to you. When buying Lipos don't look at the price! or you will buy twice! Lipos are also a Danger, so if you buy good and high quality lipos the chance that they blew up is at a minimum.

When I started to search good and cheap lipos i asked many people if they can help me, and all of them said me don't buy cheap lipos like fluoreon etc...but in the end its your choice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back