What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered an SMC True Spec Premium V2 5097-4S1P 4S 5000mAH 90C Lipo and it is almost half the size of my Dynamite Reaction 4S 5000mAH 50C DYNB3804EC Lipo. The SMC is 34mm high and the Dynamite is 48mm. I haven’t ran the SMC yet but if it runs as well as the Dynamite it is a big weight and cost savings. Dynamite was $96 and SMC was $66.

SMC Specs

Dynamite Specs

I have 3 of those Floureon 5200mah hardcase lipos and all of them are duds. Same issues I had with the Zop Power 5000mah 3s 50c lipos.
Sorry to hear that! I had a Vant lipo puff recently under low stress driving

Hobby King Heavy Duty high C rating batteries, and lately Rhino, those batteries are sweet, solid solid and pack a punch, all my EDFs love it... 3 minutes of pure rush!

*Rhino 6S 5000mah 50C

I have had bad experience w Flureon or whatever that is, Value Hobby Gforce and the Nano-techs, all to me garbage. IMO Zippys, Heavy Duty Turnigy line and Rhinos are best bang for the buck.

Just ordered a gensacearespammers 6S1P 5000mAh 22.2V 45c Lipo with EC5 Connector will see how it goes.

I needed something that will fit in my Typhon. I tried the PowerHobby 3s hard case and they are two tall when stacked. So I decided to give these a try:

20190816_201516.jpg

They are only 4000mAh but man they are so friggin' punchy. I had a hard time controlling my truggified Typhon in the air when I tested these out (see my crashes and outtakes video!) Throttle inputs were instantaneous and violent ? They lasted about 20 minutes and weren't too hot when I was done. I believe they are 45C but other than the 5000mAh 3s version of this battery, these things blow away the other 3s batteries I own.

Will this work for a mega senton or will it wreck the Motor
Hi Jake. The Senton Mega uses a brushed motor. Checking the Arrma website, I found this:

BATTERY RECOMMENDATIONS
8.4v (7 Cell) NiMh Hump Pack or Hardcase 7.4V (2S) Lipo within max dimensions 165 x 51 x 48mm / 6.5 x 2.01 x 1.89 inches

The reason it shows a 2s lipo, is because the motor and esc combo are designed to take up to a certain amount of power. You should be looking for a 2s lipo. The C rating tells you how much "punch" the battery has. The mAh tells you how long it will run. If switching to a lipo on a brushed motor truck, make sure you follow the instructions to switch the esc to lipo, as the factory setting is for Nimh batteries.

Hi Jake. The Senton Mega uses a brushed motor. Checking the Arrma website, I found this:

BATTERY RECOMMENDATIONS
8.4v (7 Cell) NiMh Hump Pack or Hardcase 7.4V (2S) Lipo within max dimensions 165 x 51 x 48mm / 6.5 x 2.01 x 1.89 inches

The reason it shows a 2s lipo, is because the motor and esc combo are designed to take up to a certain amount of power. You should be looking for a 2s lipo. The C rating tells you how much "punch" the battery has. The mAh tells you how long it will run. If switching to a lipo on a brushed motor truck, make sure you follow the instructions to switch the esc to lipo, as the factory setting is for Nimh batteries.
Ok thanks

Will this work for a mega senton or will it wreck the Motor
Not gonna work on the Mega version. You are limited to a 2S lipo. You should look for around a 5000mah lipo with a minimum of a 50C rating. Just know that the C rating is an arbitrary value that the manufacturer assigns and can be bullish!t, but by buying at least a 50C rating, you should be reasonably assured it will work fine.

I don't really have batteries to advise, but avoid the ZOP power 3s 5500mah 45c, they are cheap big and heavy, i bought two, after less than 3 charge, both of them have a dead cell.

I use Zippy, HRB, Turnigy without problem so far. I wait for cheap URUAV 11.1V 5000mAh 80C 3S from BG to see how they work. But most of the time you get what you pay and i don't expect too much of them.

I run zee lipos currently, the performance and longevity have been superior to the zip brand I used in the past... zee lipos are quite inexpensive as well... they have been great for me with not one failure after almost a year of using them pretty much every day... I've used them all from 2s to 4s... have not used anything larger yet as I have no need...

Alden
Zop* not zip for the above statement.. I'm not sure how to edit on this forum yet so posting a reply to my reply

Hi guys, I'm going to get a ARRMA senton 3s 4x4. What 3s lipo would you get?
Cheers

Hi guys, I'm going to get a ARRMA senton 3s 4x4. What 3s lipo would you get?
Cheers
Any 5000mah 50c or larger pack is going to work for you... just depends on what your looking to spend really

Not too much as im still a kid. probs like $70 AUD.
Cheers

Not too much as im still a kid. probs like $70 AUD.
Cheers
That should be plenty buddy.. think the last zee 5200mah 50c 3s batts. I bought were like 31.00 a piece.. and I've had great luck with them...great punch and rated as advertised...

Any 5000mah 50c or larger pack is going to work for you... just depends on what your looking to spend really
Just make sure it's the right dimensions. Seems for RC cars, there are a few variants when your around 5000mah. I have to make sure to get shorter ones to fit in my eJato and Stampede 4x4, but I use the longer ones in my outcast/savage/erbe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back