What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just make sure it's the right dimensions. Seems for RC cars, there are a few variants when your around 5000mah. I have to make sure to get shorter ones to fit in my eJato and Stampede 4x4, but I use the longer ones in my outcast/savage/erbe.
That's the beauty of the arrma line.. they take both the long and short packs, just have to remove the plastic battery tray walls to run the larger packs... seems traxxas should get thier head out of thier rear on that one..

Just make sure it's the right dimensions. Seems for RC cars, there are a few variants when your around 5000mah. I have to make sure to get shorter ones to fit in my eJato and Stampede 4x4, but I use the longer ones in my outcast/savage/erbe.
Do you know what dimensions will fit the senton?
Cheers

Do you know what dimensions will fit the senton?
Cheers
You should have no issues with any pack out there.. large to small, they should all fit fine.. I mean besides the obvious wierd size plane and heli batts...

What chargers do you guys use too?
Cheers
At home:
Dynamite 100w x 4
Hitec D7

In the field:
iSDT Q6 Pro
HTRC H150ACDC Duo - link doesn't exist on amazon anymore, not that great of a charger anyway. The up/down buttons quit working, but luckily, it's stays on lipo auto cell count 12A output on both ports. So I'll just use it as is until it dies then get something that does 200w x 2 instead later on. Probably something like this: skyrc 400w or Revolectrix GT500 Dual. Likely the latter if I can still find one, since it would be DC use only in my car.

I have for a couple years now used the IMAX b6ac chargers.. 23-28 bucks a piece but only good to 5A output.. I've honestly never had an issue with them, I have 4..

The first thing that you should know is that any c rate above 50c is made up. With current technology the highest possible C rating is 50c, and that is best case scenario. SMC has a post on Facebook about this and even admits that the C rate listed on his packs is fake. He does this to keep up with the rest of the market.

Most lipo batteries can only handle actual amp loads of between 80 and 150 amps. If you took one of these batteries https://www.maxamps.com/hard-case-lipo-6000xl-3s-11-1v-savage-flux-pair and put it under a 600a load it would explode. If those c rates on those batteries were even close to being true you could start a car with them.

Tldr that amp rating is the true amp rating for the battery. C rates are a lie.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1767093-Battery-Load-Test-Comparisons

http://www.thercnetwork.com/rc-cars/lipo-battery-c-ratings/

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2974947-Don-t-Get-Fooled-By-Fake-C-Ratings-Scam-Alert

https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/1009300-warning-lipo-c-discharge-ratings-invalid.html

Take the snippet here about Graphene with a grain of salt, these seem more his opinions and personal bias, than they are facts. https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/category&path=163

OUTSTANDING, slick!

I know it's an older post, but those links are freakin' GREAT!

I just buy whatever battery with 60c plus on Ebay used for practice/bashing. But motiv and reedy r u track batteries. Mostly Everyone at my local track uses smc batteries
OUTSTANDING, slick!

I know it's an older post, but those links are freakin' GREAT!
That's the reason I buy anything that says 60c constant.

I just buy whatever battery with 60c plus on Ebay used for practice/bashing. But motiv and reedy r u track batteries. Mostly Everyone at my local track uses smc batteries

That's the reason I buy anything that says 60c constant.
Find a brand that works and buy their highest C rate battery as that will be their best pack.

Find a brand that works and buy their highest C rate battery as that will be their best pack.
Yea my motiv packs say 120c lol and the reedy packs are 110c plus 2 60c 2s reedys. But that's only track packs. My practice ones are 50c no names and a gen ace 60c

Ordered two True Spec Premium V2 7.4V 5200mAh 390PF/75C from SMC this afternoon. The Venom 2S "4000" pack I bought at the local place runs fine, and the run time is significantly longer than the OEM 8.4V 2800mAH.

And I ordered 5 LiPo "Safe Sacks" to charge and store them in....."Just In Case"!

Ordered two True Spec Premium V2 7.4V 5200mAh 390PF/75C from SMC this afternoon. The Venom 2S "4000" pack I bought at the local place runs fine, and the run time is significantly longer than the OEM 8.4V 2800mAH.

And I ordered 5 LiPo "Safe Sacks" to charge and store them in....."Just In Case"!
Harbor Freight ammo can vented > lipo sacks. Those lipo bags barely contain a 2200mah 2s lipo. https://www.harborfreight.com/mater...s-ammo-boxes/50-cal-metal-ammo-can-63181.html

WELL.....that's a big D'OH!

50 can ammo cans I have in good supply. I'll put the "Not-So-Safe-Sack" in one of my cans, and leave the lid unlatched.....

And thanks for the Heads Up on these things.
Probably the safest bet.

Out of the hundreds of guy s on this site have any of you had a lipo fire? I’ve been on this site for a year and a half and only remember one lipo fire which was not apocalyptic. The guy came back to his charger and the fire was already out. When charged and used properly they just aren’t that dangerous. If they were teenagers would be burning their parents homes down all over the world. If you don’t drive nails through them or shoot them with guns you’ll be fine...

Out of the hundreds of guy s on this site have any of you had a lipo fire? I’ve been on this site for a year and a half and only remember one lipo fire which was not apocalyptic. The guy came back to his charger and the fire was already out. When charged and used properly they just aren’t that dangerous. If they were teenagers would be burning their parents homes down all over the world. If you don’t drive nails through them or shoot them with guns you’ll be fine...

Yeah, physical damage to the pack can do them in pretty quickly.

I've seen puffed out packs, and packs where the heat shrink wrapping bubbled, but other than lab tests, I've never seen one go up in flames.

I've seen the aftermath, and it can be devastating....just puddles of charred plastic, melted aluminum, and a lot of soot.....

Not yet. I've had 3 puffed packs.

I guess if I'm honest, I did have one burst into flames. It was an old lipo pack for my harmony remote that had puffed. I wanted to see the cells inside and I got a bit to aggressive trying to pry open the case, then stabbed the pack with a screwdriver. Ever see a 250lb guy run from his office down 3 flights of stairs in shorts to get outside in the winter while holding a ball of fire on the end of a pair of needle nose pliers?

Yeah, I've never seen that guy either. lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back