What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my old 4s lipo who had one bad cells but no puffy had one tab almost ripped off the positive therminal was running it like that for 2 runs since i crashed and broke my chassi. So i think its safe to say that this baterry i have has a lot of quality issues and im not going to run it anymore. I was looking on amazon and manynpeople like hrbs lipos but soft packs scares me a bit and they are longer than the hardcases i have(136mm long vs 155mm) ovonic lipos does not ship in canda so bummer and zop powers mehh idk what do you guys suggest me?
I could send them a message to the company of the lipo who is dead right now but idk they remplaced it once already i don't want to be greedy ?

My previous lipo manufactueur their hardcase design was so poor that it came in half after after a week and on a hard nose landing the cells shifted and were a bit crushed did anyone had this issue with hrbs lipos?
IMG_0919.PNG

70$

Out of the hundreds of guy s on this site have any of you had a lipo fire? I’ve been on this site for a year and a half and only remember one lipo fire which was not apocalyptic. The guy came back to his charger and the fire was already out. When charged and used properly they just aren’t that dangerous. If they were teenagers would be burning their parents homes down all over the world. If you don’t drive nails through them or shoot them with guns you’ll be fine...

Yup, I've seen a Lipo battery fire. It was on a running short course and was pretty bad and the whole warehouse was pretty much unbreathable for several days. He didn't puncture it or anything, just caught on fire from running.

Yup, I've seen a Lipo battery fire. It was on a running short course and was pretty bad and the whole warehouse was pretty much unbreathable for several days. He didn't puncture it or anything, just caught on fire from running.
There’s one.

When I got into this hobby about a year ago, I quickly found out that cost can be a barrier to entry if you make bad purchases and bad decisions. When I decided to make the switch to LiPo batteries, I did a ton of research on "budget" LiPo batteries on various online forums. I was looking for a battery that was reliable, good quality, and one that would not break the bank. With that being said, I decided on 2 suppliers: SPC Racing Batteries and SMC Racing Batteries. I run a 5000mAh, 50C, 2S SPC Racing LiPo ($33) in my Fury BLX and could not be happier with the performance. I also run a pair of 2500mAh, 50C, 2S SPC Racing LiPos ($20 each) in my mini E-Revo and a 5000mAh, 50C, 3S SMC Racing LiPo ($40) in my Axial Yeti.

So, what's your battery of choice? Hopefully this thread can help out someone who is just getting into the hobby or someone who is looking for a different pack to try.
Powerhobby 3s 5200mah battery

sorry guys.. i saw some posts are very old.... I want to buy 3 or 4 6S Lipo for my Kraton... which should I buy? and where to buy at best price?

It all depends on where you live. Some brands aren’t available world wide. You should ask for the best options in your particular area and guys from that region will chime in.

Good! One question: can I use on kraton 2x2s 7600mAh? Or 2x3s but one is4200mAh and the other3000mAh?
2 2s yes if they are same age and matched cycles. Same amount of changing and dischaging etc. The 3s NO, the batteries should be the same. The same manufacturer, same mah, same c rating, same age. Don’t mix and match lipo batteries like that. You will be asking for trouble.

Newb question. Is there a difference (in performance) between running 2 3s packs or one 6s? Getting rid of the jumper and running just one XT 90 connector directly to esc??

Having issues w my ESC at the moment.. i think it’s dead.. i have another one to throw in but i need to change the connectors.. currently have Traxxas connectors w 2 3s 5000 25c batteries (i know they aren’t ideal but my LHS said they’d be fine) so long story short I’m shopping for new batteries and wondering if a single 6s would be better and get rid of the jumper

Newb question. Is there a difference (in performance) between running 2 3s packs or one 6s? Getting rid of the jumper and running just one XT 90 connector directly to esc??

Having issues w my ESC at the moment.. i think it’s dead.. i have another one to throw in but i need to change the connectors.. currently have Traxxas connectors w 2 3s 5000 25c batteries (i know they aren’t ideal but my LHS said they’d be fine) so long story short I’m shopping for new batteries and wondering if a single 6s would be better and get rid of the jumper
Technically yes, a single pack is more efficient than running in series. I THINK I subjectively noticed a nice little improvement going to single, but I also changed other variables at the same time. The quality of the batteries will have a significantly larger improvement. There is something to be said for just having simpler wiring though - single pack is always my preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back