What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically yes, a single pack is more efficient than running in series. I THINK I subjectively noticed a nice little improvement going to single, but I also changed other variables at the same time. The quality of the batteries will have a significantly larger improvement. There is something to be said for just having simpler wiring though - single pack is always my preference.
Thanks.. i thought so.. i don’t know if it’ll be noticeable anyway.. can’t find a big enough area to open her up anyway. What batteries do you recommend? Been running Traxxas batteries (25c) and i don’t want to cut and solder the Traxxas connectors on my new ESC.. I’ll just keep my Traxxas batteries for my UDR.. and find some suitable 50c 6s to run in my arrmas

Thanks.. i thought so.. i don’t know if it’ll be noticeable anyway.. can’t find a big enough area to open her up anyway. What batteries do you recommend? Been running Traxxas batteries (25c) and i don’t want to cut and solder the Traxxas connectors on my new ESC.. I’ll just keep my Traxxas batteries for my UDR.. and find some suitable 50c 6s to run in my arrmas
How much you feel is acceptable to spend per 5000mah 6s? For quality budget ones the ovonic air 50c have been great. For premium the panther graphenes have been amazing. Smc punch nice and are kind of in the middle for price. gensacearespammers are nice too. Cnhl have really good batteries for their price as well but I haven't tried their new black series 65c yet though I intend to. On cnhl pay attention to size though I think they achieve their good performance by slightly understating their mAh. More mAh results in less sag so I think they say something's a 1350mah for example when it's actually more like 1500mah so they end up feeling like a great 1350 because they don't sag.

Was browsing the CNHL website and was looking at their batteries and I have always wondered what the purpose of a 450mah 6s lipo is.

How much you feel is acceptable to spend per 5000mah 6s? For quality budget ones the ovonic air 50c have been great. For premium the panther graphenes have been amazing. Smc punch nice and are kind of in the middle for price. gensacearespammers are nice too. Cnhl have really good batteries for their price as well but I haven't tried their new black series 65c yet though I intend to. On cnhl pay attention to size though I think they achieve their good performance by slightly understating their mAh. More mAh results in less sag so I think they say something's a 1350mah for example when it's actually more like 1500mah so they end up feeling like a great 1350 because they don't sag.
Wow.. you’ve got my head spinning a bit.. been looking at 5000mah 50c batteries only.. didn’t think i wanted to look at anything less than 5000. Isn’t that essentially run time? 1500 or 1350 would shorten run time? I don’t know this is all new to me

Edit: i also see that my Traxxas batteries say 25c continuous and 50c burst. I don’t see other manufactures distinguishing the difference.. care to enlighten me?

Wow.. you’ve got my head spinning a bit.. been looking at 5000mah 50c batteries only.. didn’t think i wanted to look at anything less than 5000. Isn’t that essentially run time? 1500 or 1350 would shorten run time? I don’t know this is all new to me

Edit: i also see that my Traxxas batteries say 25c continuous and 50c burst. I don’t see other manufactures distinguishing the difference.. care to enlighten me?
Sorry to cause confusion I was only using those mAh ratings as an example of what I suspect cnhl does to make their batteries feel good to the consumer. You definitely want to stick to around 5000mah for an Arrma 6sblx rig.

Not all manufacturers will put a continuous / burst rating. Honestly c rating is very subjective and is virtually an unregulated claim by the manufacturer. They all measure c rating in different ways to make their batteries seem good.

The most user friendly way to use c ratings is to find a good reputable battery manufacturer and then use their c ratings as like different quality trims on cars. A 75c gensacearespammers is not the same as a 75c banggood brand battery. But a 75c acme brand banggood battery will be better than a 30c acme brand banggood battery.

If you stick to a good brand, and stick with 50c or higher the battery will be fine for bashing. My packs that I have that I would call acceptable batteries ranked in order of least good to the best are:
Floureon 35c, lectron pro, ovonic air 50c 6s, smc, cnhl g+, panther graphene.

Edit: you know what actually I'd put the floureons tied or better than lectron pro for punch and sag. The lectron pros are nice and light but they don't hit as hard as the cheap budget floureons and the floureons are like almost 3.5 years old at this point.
Was browsing the CNHL website and was looking at their batteries and I have always wondered what the purpose of a 450mah 6s lipo is.
I believe that's for people racing 6s 3" class quads. My 5" racing quad runs on 1000mah 6s so that would seem about right for me. Seems like a dumb class to me tbh. I bet my 2s toothpick quad could race better than an overly heavy 6s 3".

Last edited:
Sorry to cause confusion I was only using those mAh ratings as an example of what I suspect cnhl does to make their batteries feel good to the consumer. You definitely want to stick to around 5000mah for an Arrma 6sblx rig.

Not all manufacturers will put a continuous / burst rating. Honestly c rating is very subjective and is virtually an unregulated claim by the manufacturer. They all measure c rating in different ways to make their batteries seem good.

The most user friendly way to use c ratings is to find a good reputable battery manufacturer and then use their c ratings as like different quality trims on cars. A 75c gensacearespammers is not the same as a 75c banggood brand battery. But a 75c acme brand banggood battery will be better than a 30c acme brand banggood battery.

If you stick to a good brand, and stick with 50c or higher the battery will be fine for bashing. My packs that I have that I would call acceptable batteries ranked in order of least good to the best are:
Floureon 35c, lectron pro, ovonic air 50c 6s, smc, cnhl g+, panther graphene.

Edit: you know what actually I'd put the floureons tied or better than lectron pro for punch and sag. The lectron pros are nice and light but they don't hit as hard as the cheap budget floureons and the floureons are like almost 3.5 years old at this point.

I believe that's for people racing 6s 3" class quads. My 5" racing quad runs on 1000mah 6s so that would seem about right for me. Seems like a dumb class to me tbh. I bet my 2s toothpick quad could race better than an overly heavy 6s 3".
Thanks for the clarification!! Very informative!! !! I’ll probably go with ovonic or smc based on price and your input!!

JT switched to SMC recently, so that may be due to quality, or he might have gotten a better endorsement from SMC. Either way, I wouldn’t trust them any more than a Zop Power. ???

Test of the battery brand AWANFI :
JT switched to SMC recently, so that may be due to quality, or he might have gotten a better endorsement from SMC. Either way, I wouldn’t trust them any more than a Zop Power. ???
The power hobby one is only like $20 more for the 6s and I'm happy with that brand so far. I'll probably just stick to power hobby then. Hehe.

Test of the battery brand AWANFI :
Sorry ol’ Richie boy isn’t that reliable to me. He’s super annoying too. He’s a shill. Not hating, just saying I wouldn’t use anything he says positive as reliable. ??‍♂️

Sorry ol’ Richie boy isn’t that reliable to me. He’s super annoying too. He’s a shill. Not hating, just saying I wouldn’t use anything he says positive as reliable. ??‍♂️
I'll just pay the extra $20. It won't kill me ?

I decided to give an other chance to the Zop lipo batteries. I got one for cheap (they are all cheap ^^), 6s 5500mah 75C. Cells voltages came pretty unbalanced, from 3.80 to 3.95 volt. I did a charge, internal resistante, from 12mΩ , to 21mΩ! For the time it will last, it isn't cheap at all. My last ZOP battery experience for sure.

I have been pretty lucky to get a ACEHE LIHV 4s 5200mah 50C, for 13€ on Wish, yes 13€, unbelievable price. The cells voltages difference wasn't more than 0.02 volt and internal resistance not above 8mΩ. Sure, far to be a high end battery, but way better than the ZOP out of the box.

Rhino lipo batteries, sold by HK.

I swear I posted this this morning, for some reason it got deleted. This is the 2nd posting in about a week that disappears.

The YOUME POWER, are very good, I run them in series 4S 50C format making it 6600mah, insane power and good balanceon all four.

Following on 4S the Rhino 5000mah 50C, do they deliver like 80-120c, always cool.

HD 4S Turnigy 5000mah 60-120C

On 6S the HD Turnigy or the Zippy Compact 4000mah.

ALL batteries are broken in following similar guidelines as in MotionRC site recommendations. Basically balance charge and storage charge to 3.90to 4.00 ,and recharge, I do this about ten times,. Then I do a quick power run w the truck or EDF jet and discharge to 4.00 again, and after that balance charge, ready for bashing.

Attachments

• 20191222_164945.jpg
    20191222_164945.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 20191222_165130.jpg
    20191222_165130.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 20191222_165114.jpg
    20191222_165114.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 20191222_165017.jpg
    20191222_165017.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 20191222_164957.jpg
    20191222_164957.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Zippy 3S hardcase are well nice at HK ... 4S ok - 3S seems to last longer ... depending on some deals they run I'd also consider gensacearespammers "budget" always had good experience with their packs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back