What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem and Thanks! I don't know what direction to go, back to square one. When I joined this forum, many had praised SMC lipos, now I know better with 3 failures. Owner claims their new lipos fair better, something called DV or something on that line, but guess what, they can keep em!!
My best experience is to buy lipo's directly from suppliers because you will get much better aftersales support in comparison to ebay/amazon/banggood/aliexpress.

I've been buying from Hobbyking for years now (HD's, Nanotechs and Graphenes) and had a few bad cells. In all cases they instantly sent me new ones. The good ones last 3-4 years.

Same goes for gensacearespammers, never had a bad lipo from them, always good quality.

I'm trying the Ovonics now in the Xmaxx. They also have warehouses all around the world and direct aftersales support.

I see rcjuice has a new brand on their site, espeed:
https://www.rcjuice.com/catalogsearch/result/?cat=0&q=espeed

Wonder if they are dropping hobby star.

I'd buy a pair of the 5200 3S ones if they weren't the short version. I tried a couple of those from hobbystar, one was a dud and the other is "ok" for my 3S trucks. What they charge for the 5600 3S long packs makes it likely my next set will be hrb's again. I have the 6200's, but they are heavy and I don't like running them in my revo. Too heavy and fit too snug.

I no longer recommend SMC lipos, out of these 5 lipos I've purchased, 3 out of the 5 have puffed. One has never been run and split the case, other 2 has puffed at one cycle. Extremely dissapointed!!! ?????$$$$$

View attachment 62617View attachment 62618View attachment 62619
I had two of my SMC batteries go bad because the solder went bad for the wires (the internal one). The wires came out. I got in touch with them, sent them a couple of pictures and they warrantied them. They were both that old though. Maybe a few months.
I also had the same issues with SMC and no longer buy them. I had two 9200mah 4S lipos puff for no reason, always balanced charged and stored over winter and they puffed. And I had a 3s lipo do the same. I recommend HBR or Turnigy Graphene now that’s what I use. HRB are awsome. Great prices and haven’t had issues yet!

Mine didn't puff, but the solder that holds the wires to the packs failed. They did replace them though. I hear a lot of good things about HBR, so I might try them out next. Powerhobby batteries have been good for me after a few months.

Hey! What do you think about the brand HRB POWER?
I recently bought two and they seem fine, other than they are a little longer than my other packs. Might not be an issue for others, but it meant I had to remove the battery blocks in my K4S.

I've been running the ZOP power 5500mah, 75c 6s packs and they have been great. About 50 bucks a piece.

they are listed as 51mm wide, Talion tray is only 48mm. Any chance of making them fit? They are in stock in Australia so convenient
What if they don't fit, you will be stuck with them or have to send them back to Australia. If you can't find some locally that you can try to see if they do fit, try to find some lipos that members here use that you know will fit in your Talion.

Reactions: SrC
Hey! What do you think about the brand HRB POWER?
I have 4 5000mah 3S 50C's that I run in my ERBEv2 and also ran in my outcast most of last year. They seemed to do well.

2019-0415-HobbyStar-6200MAH-50C-3S.jpg

HRB, gensacearespammers, Admiral, Glacier (from buddyRC) are the best IMO. Worth the price, and not too expensive.

If you have the money, and want the absolute BEST. Get a graphene battery. Like the Turnigy Graphene.
They are more expensive, slightly heavier. BUT the power delivery is the best in any lipo battery you can buy, you can charge them at much higher amps/speed than normal lipos, and you can charge/discharge them many more times than normal lipos before it's time to throw away.

I wanted an hrb hardcase but that model has an issue with the positive lead being ripped off when the wires are pulled. I could secure the wire with shoe goe and make it impossible to be pulled off but so far with hardcases i menaged to make one of my lipos look like a staircase now i only put my lipos on their side so that the hardcase doesn't separate in half. Soft packs are just longer and i don't want to put and remove the baterry spacer everytime might have to do that

Hey all, what's the smallest pack I could reasonably run in a Talion or Kraton? Thinking about picking one or the other up after I get my tax return/stim check(s) and have a lightly used Pulse 45C 3300mAh 6S laying around. Otherwise I'll probably go the HobbyKing route for a Turnigy Blue or something.

When I got into this hobby about a year ago, I quickly found out that cost can be a barrier to entry if you make bad purchases and bad decisions. When I decided to make the switch to LiPo batteries, I did a ton of research on "budget" LiPo batteries on various online forums. I was looking for a battery that was reliable, good quality, and one that would not break the bank. With that being said, I decided on 2 suppliers: SPC Racing Batteries and SMC Racing Batteries. I run a 5000mAh, 50C, 2S SPC Racing LiPo ($33) in my Fury BLX and could not be happier with the performance. I also run a pair of 2500mAh, 50C, 2S SPC Racing LiPos ($20 each) in my mini E-Revo and a 5000mAh, 50C, 3S SMC Racing LiPo ($40) in my Axial Yeti.

So, what's your battery of choice? Hopefully this thread can help out someone who is just getting into the hobby or someone who is looking for a different pack to try.
Screenshot_20200419-204918.png

Just bought these will let you guys know once received and tested

You soldering on new ends?
That's the ends I have currently on my Kraton 6s V4 I bought second hand off a rc dealer most of the upgrades were already done for me..
I'm super lucky I found such a treasure it was well taken care of and a bit abused telling from the looks of her body. To be expected tho wouldn't want her any other way lol

That's the ends I have currently on my Kraton 6s V4 I bought second hand off a rc dealer most of the upgrades were already done for me..
I'm super lucky I found such a treasure it was well taken care of and a bit abused telling from the looks of her body. To be expected tho wouldn't want her any other way lol
Surprised you haven't melted the deans off yet when in the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back