What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming my Vorteks/Raider have the same battery bay; it fits easily in the battery tray?
Thx!
~s
No time to google, but I remember that Mojave got longer chassis = bigger batterybay

Vorteks/Fury/Granite and Raider all have the same battery bay, though the Raider has a shorter chassis. Our 2s 5000mah SPC batteries fit in all of them, but I needed to trim the foam blocks that come in them.

Vorteks/Fury/Granite and Raider all have the same battery bay, though the Raider has a shorter chassis. Our 2s 5000mah SPC batteries fit in all of them, but I needed to trim the foam blocks that come in them.
Thx @MSgt

Does anyone use floureon batteries?........ If so what do you think of them?

I bought one of these: Floureon LiPo
Liked it so much, I bought another.
Twenty solid minutes of bashing time and still has enough electrons to pop wheelies while rolling.

Last edited:
Based on others recommendations I've picked up a couple SMC Racing 4S 6500mah 60C packs. They perform excellently on my Senton so thanks for the recommendation! Very nice (and inexpensive) batteries, would buy again!
Im about to order this lipo
Do you know if this will fit on the talion?
Thanx

Floureons seem kind of hit and miss espescially if you read some of the Amazon reviews. Overall Smc or spc seem a lot better at only a slight bigger price.

How do I know if I've got a "miss"?
You'll know by the voltages that you end up with if you have a poorly assembled pack or a bad cell. There isn't much leeway in what you should end up with, especially in variance between each cell. .

When it blows up lol :D. No, a lot of them puff under normal use. More than the occasional bad one

Another RC experience I have yet to share in? :cool: Always something new, eh?

You'll know by the voltages that you end up with if you have a poorly assembled pack or a bad cell. There isn't much leeway in what you should end up with, especially in variance between each cell. .

Thanks @GT1 , so if I hear what you are saying, I should be checking the voltage on each cell regularly, and if the disparity becomes high, discard the LiPo? Right now, they stay within 0.01~0.02.

so if I hear what you are saying, I should be checking the voltage on each cell regularly, and if the disparity becomes high, discard the LiPo? Right now, they stay within 0.01~0.02.

Maybe, if you have the typical four button charger you should be ably to hit the third button to watch your cell voltages. If you are using an inexpensive clone charger those numbers might not be accurate though. I would get one of those small lipo checker alarms to check against it.

https://sites.google.com/site/tjinguytech/charging-how-tos/LiPo-issues

Maybe, if you have the typical four button charger you should be ably to hit the third button to watch your cell voltages. If you are using an inexpensive clone charger those numbers might not be accurate though. I would get one of those small LiPo checker alarms to check against it.

https://sites.google.com/site/tjinguytech/charging-how-tos/LiPo-issues

I have a Hi-Tec X1 MF 80, while charging, can rotate dial to watch the cells individually and other stats, plus my Dad's Fluke tester.
Keep meaning to get a LiPo alarm, a couple since they are dirt cheap.

HITEC X1 MF 80.png

For the curious, this 3s 40c 43ooMah SMC battery fits the Vorteks/Fury/Granite/Raider. I've had it in my raider and granite. Pops wheelies at 30mph. :) I picked up this charger which is new to market. 80W LIPO/NIMH/whatever else you have and it's only $43. I've run a few cycles through it with no issues. It's got the standard 4 button display and apparently knows karate.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks @GT1 , so if I hear what you are saying, I should be checking the voltage on each cell regularly, and if the disparity becomes high, discard the LiPo? Right now, they stay within 0.01~0.02.

.01 to .02 volts is very decent after a full discharge. But the charger should always perfectly balance them again.

.01 to .02 volts is very decent after a full discharge. But the charger should always perfectly balance them again.

I have noticed during the charging, by turning the dial, I can see the value for each cell and it stays within 0.01.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back