What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised you haven't melted the deans off yet when in the truck.
Nope so far so good
Surprised you haven't melted the deans off yet when in the truck.
Nope not yet... here is a pic of how she looks
15875089694805462870426688019659.jpg

Nope so far so good

Nope not yet... here is a pic of how she looks View attachment 76096
Man are using a camera from the 90’s ??

Those connectors are crap and will end up melting or coming disconnected every single jump. Better off swapping to either XT90 or EC5

Man are using a camera from the 90’s ??

Those connectors are crap and will end up melting or coming disconnected every single jump. Better off swapping to either XT90 or EC5
I concur. Someone told me online, yeah deans are OK for 4s and 6s. Nope, they ruined one of my ESCS from Redcat. My Kaiju came from factory with those things. I cut off all of them since and soldered one single XT90. They get so hot, you can't even touch them when they become disconnected and you are trying to plug them in. Never again for me.

I concur. Someone told me online, yeah deans are OK for 4s and 6s. Nope, they ruined one of my ESCS from Redcat. My Kaiju came from factory with those things. I cut off all of them since and soldered one single XT90. They get so hot, you can't even touch them when they become disconnected and you are trying to plug them in. Never again for me.
I've yet to have an issue all my lipo batteries are dean's and I've yet to have any heat problems. I've had my Kraton fully submerged under water and she came out fine only problem was the tires were not vented and I ended up having a blow out on my front tire ?

It's only been one run with these, but I couldn't kill them after 22 minutes of hard driving and jumping on concrete with my X-Maxx 8s. It's got 50/19 gearing and big Durtrax x tires. They were perfectly storage charged out of the box and they balanced charged well. They were about $48 per battery. I changed the plug to xt90 and added gorilla tape for protection. 4s. They seem to be from the same factory as the HRB battery.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/362756127725

20200509_075952.jpg
20200509_080549.jpg

It's only been one run with these, but I couldn't kill them after 22 minutes of hard driving and jumping on concrete with my X-Maxx 8s. It's got 50/19 gearing and big Durtrax x tires. They were perfectly storage charged out of the box and they balanced charged well. They were about $48 per battery. I changed the plug to xt90 and added gorilla tape for protection. 4s. They seem to be from the same factory as the HRB battery.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/362756127725

View attachment 79342View attachment 79343
I don't care for the balance connector protector thing. Is that removable?

As far as I can tell no. But that's a very minor thing. I kind of like it better than the standard one TBH. It feels more sturdy.

They appear to be the same protectors that come on the gensacearespammers batteries. I know you can remove those ones, but I like them and leave them on all my batteries except my mini Revo batteries.

As far as I can tell no. But that's a very minor thing. I kind of like it better than the standard one TBH. It feels more sturdy.
I like them because they are easy to grab/unplug, but I don't like them because if the end becomes untethered while bashing, the extra weight of the plastic housing helps the wires flop around. Then the copper wire inside the wires work hardens, then breaks. Happened constantly to a bashing buddy of mine with his gensacearespammers packs. I had to keep cutting them open and repairing them.

I purchased 4 lipos from Rc Juice. I am hoping to run them sometime next month, once the Hoda D6 Plus AC/DC charger comes available (which I will also share my thoughts on) at SMC.com. They seem like nice folks, and they have an offer on non-sale batteries where they will put any connector of your choice (I'm assuming the more common ones) on the lipo prior to shipping.

Word of caution though, that didn't work for me. I had to choose a connector for my lipo before they could be placed in the cart, and they happened to be Traxxas for the 3s, and Deans for the 2s.

I had emailed them asking how to get EC5 connectors soldered onto them and they said to write my request for EC5 connectors into my order comments. Well, I did, and it didn't matter. Still came with Traxxas and Deans. I will follow up with them on how to better ensure the connectors you request are in fact soldered on. Minor inconvenience, just wish what they offered as a service was more easily obtainable.

Here's the charger I am looking at:

https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=113&product_id=541

And the batteries I purchased:

https://www.rcjuice.com/espeed-6200mah-50c-7-4v-2s-soft-case.html

https://www.rcjuice.com/lipo-batteries/3s-11-1v/espeed-6200mah-50c-11-1v-3s-soft-case.html

And their connector swap offer:

https://www.rcjuice.com/swaps

OK so I received my CNHL 6s battery 5000mAh 50C. It was storage charged correctly, balanced charged well and it was doing fine but didn't hit LVC because my Kraton 6s broke before that happened. I also ordered a powerhobby 5200mAh 6s 50c battery. This is what I didn't like too much about the CNHL : It's freaking HUGE compared to the powerhobby one. I took pictures so that you all see what I'm talking about. The downside of the powerhobby is that it's about $25 more, but it fits in all my rigs. The CNHL 6s is way too big for my Kaiju, Typhon 6s and Maxx. I should have double checked the dimensions. My fault. It actually barely fits inside my K6S and OUTCAST 6s.
20200513_210607.jpg
20200513_210628.jpg

Agree I had some heat issues with them also. And I also like to run just one xt90 for the most part not the two 3s setup. I also really like IC5 now great connector and easy to solder. It’s a night and day difference from EC5 I just wish Arrma would throw a few spares in the box like they used to with the XT90’s

Anyone ever use Hoovo? 5200mah 80C 3S for $36.99. Too good to be true right? It’s even got ec5 connector:woot:

I ended up getting 4 x CNHL 3s 5000mah 40c and they just squeeze into my v4 talion. Arrived at storage voltage and have run well so far.
Photo of them fitted, I have ec5 connectors to go on but had to use adaptors temporarily.
20200408_152725.jpg
20200408_152239.jpg

I ended up getting 4 x CNHL 3s 5000mah 40c and they just squeeze into my v4 talion. Arrived at storage voltage and have run well so far.
Photo of them fitted, I have ec5 connectors to go on but had to use adaptors temporarily.
View attachment 80150View attachment 80151
You know, the little black thing to the side of the pack with 2 slots in it is for the balance leads to fit down into so they are kept from flopping about.

I’ve recently started using some
Budget lipos called Zee. I got 2 2s 60c 6200mah hard cases for under $40 ( plus shipping ). Less than a 1/2 dozen runs on each pack but so far so good .

I know these may not fit the budget LIPO, but I am new and looking at this battery for my Kraton 6S. Is 8000 MAH an issue? I am trying to learn searching the forum as well. Thx
80110-6S2P-448x448.jpg

I know these may not fit the budget LIPO, but I am new and looking at this battery for my Kraton 6S. Is 8000 MAH an issue? I am trying to learn searching the forum as well. ThxView attachment 81666
Not at all. Just more run time. TBH, they are a bit overpriced. I bought 4 cheap batteries for the price of two SMC batteries. As far as I can tell, the cheap batteries are just as good, although it's only been a few runs with the cheap ones. From what I have seen and heard, the cheap ones do last. I did have to put gorilla tape around the cheap ones because you can see the cells through the thin material. I'm glad I did because one of them came flying out of my vehicle and it's perfectly fine because of the extra protection.

@Armarookie43 what did you buy(3s,6s)? I was going to order battery and charger(hota d6+) this Tuesday when stock arrived. Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back