What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
30 days is about right for most brands.Sure it would be nice to get a lifetime warranty without exclusions. 30 days is enough time to decide if you have a keeper or not IMHO. There are brands that are more generous than others. Like my one experience with gensacearespammers.directly in Cali. They could have said sorry, but they offered a replacement without issue. I merely inquired about a 6 month old pack that wouldn't balance well..A new 6s Fedexed next day delivery to NY.
I'm not saying they need to have a lifetime warranty but 3 months would be nice. I bought one of those Basher 6s 4000mah 60c lipos in December of 2017, because all the Facebook guys were having such good luck with them, I ran mine 2-3 times then the weather got super cold and I stuck it on a storage charge and put it in my ammo can. In February I went to check on my lipos and it had puffed up and split the case, I was sad to learn that the warranty was only 30 days :( I posted about it on Facebook that it split and 1 other guy had the same thing happen to his. Just luck of the draw I guess.

On a semi related note, my 3.5 year old Floureons are starting to show signs of failure, Summit kept going into lvc and the ir of 1 of the cells was 25 miliohms :(

I'm not saying they need to have a lifetime warranty but 3 months would be nice. I bought one of those Basher 6s 4000mah 60c lipos in December of 2017, because all the Facebook guys were having such good luck with them, I ran mine 2-3 times then the weather got super cold and I stuck it on a storage charge and put it in my ammo can. In February I went to check on my lipos and it had puffed up and split the case, I was sad to learn that the warranty was only 30 days :( I posted about it on Facebook that it split and 1 other guy had the same thing happen to his. Just luck of the draw I guess.

On a semi related note, my 3.5 year old Floureons are starting to show signs of failure, Summit kept going into lvc and the ir of 1 of the cells was 25 miliohms :(
How many MΩ did they show when new?

ummm Didn't see this thread when I started.

Sorry if this brand has been mentioned before but only up to page 10 of 33 in this thread.
https://www.amazon.com/stores/Zeee+Power/page/3FBF2C81-B132-4D9A-8110-B46EACED54FD?ref_=ast_bln
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Youme+Power&ref=bl_dp_s_web_20724868011

Zeee Power and Youme power.

Started out with Venom Fly Lipos till they died and switched to the Zeee and Youme and everything is doing fine so far. Was a bit hesitant since its not a known brand name, but these off brands have been doing great. Even had a Zeee after landing hard the pack got crushed a bit and still kept going and another one launched out of the car because someone forgot to strap it in right and still fine. Soft packs no less.
Been itching to buy some SMC Graphene batteries in the future.

My CNHL black series 65C 5000mah 3S packs are performing really well still. Ran through a set yesterday in my outcast for a pretty harsh run. Then ran 2 sets of hrb 5000mah 50C packs through it and blew a diff near the end of the 3rd set. Running my HRB's back to back with the CNHL's made it pretty easy to see the performance difference. They are more punchy and I get a better runtime out of them. 13 minutes on the hrb's and 16 on the cnhl's. I was doing a lot of WOT running in the grass.

Any recommendations on 6s lipos for exb running mmx8s/1717? I have spektrum s2100 charger and 3s smart lipos for my granite. Was thinking of going with 6s from spektrum but can't justify the price for one if I can get more of a different brand.

Any recommendations on 6s lipos for exb running mmx8s/1717? I have spektrum s2100 charger and 3s smart lipos for my granite. Was thinking of going with 6s from spektrum but can't justify the price for one if I can get more of a different brand.
The white 70c CNHL's 5000mAh or 6000mAh.. ??? beastly batteries, mega punch..!!

Oh, and the Spektrums are just overpriced..

I just recently got introduced to a hrb rep. I buy his overstocked batteries now and its amazing. Last month i bought four 6500 mah 6s batts fot 170 shipped to my door. Brand new. And this week ive ordered six 6500 mah 2s batts for 145 shipped. I will likely never buy batteries retail ever again. Also, for those interested, HRB and Youmee are the exact same. My guy works for HRB and they send him both batteries. Same batteries. Different stickers.

Just thought I'd quickly share my experience with my gensacearespammers batteries. I bought 2 packs of the 3s 5500mah Bashing series aboutt a year ago but in the last month or so I think both are going bad. I'd estimate that they probably have about 30 charges each. Only ever charged just before use, and always storage charged.
First sign for one pack was that when charging, 2nd cell would always reach 4.2v first while the other cells would always be lagging behind at around 4.12v. It would balance up eventually but would take ages. But they seemed to run fine. But the internal resistance of the 2nd cell is a bit over 30ohms. Then for some reason my second pack has started to do the same thing a few weeks later where once cell would reach full charge first and the others would still be lagging behind.
And I have also notice a chemical smell in my ammo box where I store them, and from separating the batteries, both of them have that chemical smell. So I'm not going to risk using them. Kinda disappointed considering they arnt no name branded lipos.
So I'm going to give the zeee batteries ago next, I've heard good things about them.

Just thought I'd quickly share my experience with my gensacearespammers batteries. I bought 2 packs of the 3s 5500mah Bashing series aboutt a year ago but in the last month or so I think both are going bad. I'd estimate that they probably have about 30 charges each. Only ever charged just before use, and always storage charged.
First sign for one pack was that when charging, 2nd cell would always reach 4.2v first while the other cells would always be lagging behind at around 4.12v. It would balance up eventually but would take ages. But they seemed to run fine. But the internal resistance of the 2nd cell is a bit over 30ohms. Then for some reason my second pack has started to do the same thing a few weeks later where once cell would reach full charge first and the others would still be lagging behind.
And I have also notice a chemical smell in my ammo box where I store them, and from separating the batteries, both of them have that chemical smell. So I'm not going to risk using them. Kinda disappointed considering they arnt no name branded lipos.
So I'm going to give the zeee batteries ago next, I've heard good things about them.
Try the China hobby batteries over the zee??

I have changed the target volts to 4.15v in my charger balance programs just to stay out of the top end that can shorten lifespan. I find they drift down from 4.2 to 4.18 or 4.17 after an hour or two so 4.15 seems like a more comfortable top end for them. No noticeable decrease in run time.

Trying one of these too, anyone tried one?
DXF Lipo 4S Battery 7000mAh 60C... https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B089DB1FWP?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Great deal but not a brand I’ve heard of. The cells probably all come from the same two factories in Shenzhen anyway. ?‍♂️

How do people feel about the Turnigy Rapids? Can't get a hold of Graphene Panther's and gens-ace-r-spam packs don't seem that great for sheer power.
Link

ssEe8J9.jpg

I would certainly agree with the consensuses, SMC and SPC LiPo batteries are well worth the money.
@WoodiE , have you tired out the Extreme Graphene V2 packs from SMC yet?
I think I am going to try out 2 of these #smc 3S 11.1v 7000mAh 120C LiPos for arrma 6s rigs!
SMC70389-3S1PEC5 True Spec V2 3S 11.1v 7000mAh 120C LiPo w: EC5 Plug.jpg

@WoodiE , have you tired out the Extreme Graphene V2 packs from SMC yet?
I think I am going to try out 2 of these #smc 3S 11.1v 7000mAh 120C LiPos for arrma 6s rigs!
View attachment 96739
I have not as I haven't bought new batteries in a while now. My current SMC batteries are doing just fine.

That's not to say I wouldn't try one or two out if you want to buy them and have them shipped to me. ;) :D

With how much I spent on SMC packs and how much they swell up, I would pass on them again. I have a 4S 5000 and a 6S 5000 Premium and both swell double their size when used in 6S rigs. I tried the 4S in a pretty stock Typhon 6S and the 6S in my EXB. While the velcro straps held them in shape, as soon as I took off the straps they ballooned up and split their hard cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back