What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The two brands I am currently using is the SMCracing hard packs which I have yet to have any issues with them! Plus, I use Lectron, and Powerhobby lipos but I wanted to try out some Graphenes! #RichDuperbash used these Yowoo lipos below in his last video with the 8s Outcast and liked them.

1598618284147.png

With how much I spent on SMC packs and how much they swell up, I would pass on them again. I have a 4S 5000 and a 6S 5000 Premium and both swell double their size when used in 6S rigs. I tried the 4S in a pretty stock Typhon 6S and the 6S in my EXB. While the velcro straps held them in shape, as soon as I took off the straps they ballooned up and split their hard cases.

Double their size? Wow!! Do you have any pictures?

Picking up my new ARRMA V2 Infraction and would like to get your thoughts on running just 1 Yowoo 22.2V 6S 5000mAh 100C Graphene since I cant find the Extreme Graphene V2 packs from SMC anywhere!

Yowoo 22.2V 6S 5000mAh 100C Graphene .jpg

Picking up my new ARRMA V2 Infraction and would like to get your thoughts on running just 1 Yowoo 22.2V 6S 5000mAh 100C Graphene since I cant find the Extreme Graphene V2 packs from SMC anywhere!
Can't imagine they would struggle, I was running 55c Overlander batteries and I had to pull 220amps before they died.
Admittedly c rating is to be taken with a grain of salt, my brother's gensacearespammers packs handled my 220amp draw no problem and they were rated lower than my 55c overlanders.

The two brands I am currently using is the SMCracing hard packs which I have yet to have any issues with them! Plus, I use Lectron, and Powerhobby lipos but I wanted to try out some Graphenes! #RichDuperbash used these Yowoo lipos below in his last video with the 8s Outcast and liked them.

View attachment 96759

I have a few sets of these and for the money I like them. Sometimes when they get close to 3.2VPC they take a while on the charger to get going. No where near 100C but who doesn't claim more C than they really are....

Just bought a pair of the True Spec Extreme Graphene V2 7.4V-6400mAh-150C G10 Plates for $125.00
Make sure you following my build log for my new ARRMA v2 Infraction which is the link in my signature.
1599776068598.png

Last edited:

View attachment 96759
@Uplift-RC

Nevermind. I missed something in the picture

Owning awanfi lipos i got 2 5000mah 3s lipos from them and... vs the zeee 5200mah it last twice less than the zeee lipos less acceleration less top speed and less run time feels more like 3500mah because my 4s of the same mah last the same time the awanfis last. My hrb 4s lasts for 30mins full throtle almost from begining to the end my charger puts 4700mah on the zeee ´s 3600 on the awanfi when fully discharged and the hrb 5000mah gets avg 5030mah every charge
The awanfi are hinestly really disapointing
It drains so quickly that i hVr to baby the truck when i run it

not to be a downer or seem to be a hobby shop snob but..instead of getting an adaptor from one plug to another learn how to solder. it will save you time and money in the long run.(if you are running multiple cars make them all the same)

i have found some 2s kinexsis 35c 4100mah batteries for 30 usd just had to change the plugs to deans. plus when you have to witch esc plugs or get new one it is a good skill to learn.

just my 2 cents
I totally agree. If you have the capability to learn how to rc especially in this age of lipo batteries soldering is must. Adaptors cause more resistance.

HOOVO. The best cheap batteries out there, maybe even the best overall. I just bought a 2S 5200mAh 80c HARDCASE from them for $14.99 and it has performed perfectly. HOOVO Is the biggest hidden jem in the RC world ever.

Povway have held up great for me, just got some Goldbat or Goldedt super cheap have to see how they hold up also Zeee have held up well for me also all super cheap on Amazon/eBay

The white 70c CNHL's 5000mAh or 6000mAh.. ??? beastly batteries, mega punch..!!

Oh, and the Spektrums are just overpriced..

I actually am looking at a few packs right now - i don't have my Kraton/EXB yet, so i can't check anything, but the CNHL white packs are 168mm-170mm long - do they actually fit the stock Kraton tray (158mm according to Arrma)?

I actually would like to give the CNHL stuff a shot, but if it doesn't fit it's kinda pointless.

I actually am looking at a few packs right now - i don't have my Kraton/EXB yet, so i can't check anything, but the CNHL white packs are 168mm-170mm long - do they actually fit the stock Kraton tray (158mm according to Arrma)?

I actually would like to give the CNHL stuff a shot, but if it doesn't fit it's kinda pointless.
The EXB trays don’t really have a limit. They are open ended with a very long strap and plenty of chassis space behind the tray.

340DBFF8-99B5-49CF-9BD6-B403CC750B3C.jpeg

Hi everyone. Purschased a brushed granite mega a month ago and am already over nimh batteries. Looking for input on a lipo 2s battery and charger for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back