What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like my 5Ah 4S & 6S Turnigys with low resistances and matching cells. They cost about hundred euros so not bad.
They do become cooler when charging, dunno if that's a good or bad sign.

Turnigy nano tech ultimate 4600 90c 2s shorty pack would be my most grabbed pack . I paid about $40aus for it on sale .
Comes with 5mm bullets at 10awg wire.
20171028_213429.jpg

who had the info on what new batteries SMC was going to release soon? i think someone said they were going to do a 7000mah 4c ? tried searching but came up empty handed

Wow if thats is true
Im going to get on

My 4s lipo just puffed on me
I forgot it was fully charged and put it away
Its my fault
So it ws still a full charged
I dunk it on a water with salt on it
Cut off the xt90 on it

Question how long should i keep it underwater

Wow if thats is true
Im going to get on

My 4s lipo just puffed on me
I forgot it was fully charged and put it away
Its my fault
So it ws still a full charged
I dunk it on a water with salt on it
Cut off the xt90 on it

Question how long should i keep it underwater

I keep them in the water till they stop bubbling and the water gets clear again, about 2 days.

You'll want to fully discharge the battery then twist leads together after being clipped to ensure they don't get a charge again and then let it sit in the salt water. Least that's what I've been told to do.
Was also told if you don't discharge the battery and let it sit in the saltwater the tabs can come off leaving the charge still intact in the cells.

Main thing is to fully discharge the cells properly by charger or discharge lightbuld setup
then cross the leads once the cells are at zero

Edit: don't quote me on this.... Just what I've been told

Last edited:
How can i make sure the battery is discharged
Its been in the water now for let say a week

Im going to need smc again
Ita been gteat while it lasted i like the smc
Didnt have any prolem with it
Untill i put it away fully charged lol

Use a volt meter and connect it to the leads. I almost forgot that I had two batteries sitting in a bucket since last Sunday lol

My lowest C batteries are 50C. I have the Nero BLX200 ESC and motor in my Kraton (much lighter than a Nero) and my batteries get pretty warm. Good luck, and I hope it works out for you!

No standard exists for C ratings so a 50C LiPo battery from one brand could be the same as a 30C from another brand. In general, the higher the C the better but just keep in mind some are higher and some are lower than what is on the label.

Best regards,
Brian

No standard exists for C ratings so a 50C LiPo battery from one brand could be the same as a 30C from another brand. In general, the higher the C the better but just keep in mind some are higher and some are lower than what is on the label.

Best regards,
Brian
Good point Brian. That's why I never go below a 50C constant, as a good quality 50C Lipo should exceed the minimum requirement of 35C constant, even if it has been over-rated. However, most battery manufacturers obviously do not under-rate their Lipos, so a 30C will most likely not meet the 35C minimum requirement.

Last edited:
Anyone know if 2 of these will fit in the V3 Kraton battery tray?

https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_99&product_id=492
V3 Kraton battery tray (max) dimensions are 158x48x70mm (LxWxH). Specs for this battery show 139x48x37mm. Two (2) of these batteries would be 139x48x74mm. Length and width are ok, but height would probably be too much at 74mm. Also keep in mind that the (2) SMC batteries you show would be only 2 grams shy of 1000g & that's very heavy. 5000-5500mAh Lipos last a long time & weigh a lot less (700g or even under). Instead of just one battery pack, I have a 6S and two 3S batteries & probably get at least an hour in total of (hard bashing) runtime.

Are you gettInc an hour runtime on the 5500mah SMC's? I was wanting the 7600mah because I get about 45 minutes on my Lectron Pros now...they are 2S.

Thanks for answering my question too. I didn't take the weight into consideration. I will go with 5400mah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back