What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
an yet that article above states that all the c rating stuff is BS, especially those rated over 50c?, so 25c isnt enough? God this is frustrating...lol!
I tried running traxxas 25C 5000mah 3S in my outcast. 7 minutes in, one pack puffed and is now garbage. They were brand new. Doesn't get much more name brand than "traxxas". Also don't get what you pay for considering the cost of their 5000mah 3S 25C pack.

I've been running SMC 2S 7200/7400 packs for 2 years in my ERBE. Been using the same ones in my savage flux and outcast for the past 6+ months. They seem to do well, especially when considering the price. Their minimum shipping cost i think is $15, so when I order, I usually order 4 at a time.

Any ideas about these for my very first "new to me" RC car I have coming...a used Nero?

https://www.amazon.com/HRB-Battery-6000mah-50C-100C-Trex-500/dp/B07DJ2HKCZ/ref=sr_1_3?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1546833589&sr=1-3&keywords=HRB+3S+11.1V+6000mAh&th=1

they are the 3S, 5000mah, 50c ones for $41 each....

remember guys, i be but a poor mental health social worker

Go for the HRBs. I use the 6s 6000mah 50C. It just works. Does well under heavy load, shipped well balanced at 3.85. Even at LVC, the cells are no more than 0.05V off. More than 30 cycles right now, still going strong

I have like 4 Hard case 2s HRBs, 6 Soft pack 3s HRB's and 2 brand new Youme Branded 3s packs, along with like 9 traxxas packs, the HRB Hardpack 2s preform better then traxxas 2s packs, the HRB wil actually cause my notorious to wheelie on 4s while traxxas 2x2s packs WILL NOT wheelie my car.

HRB have 60C rating where as traxxas is 25/50C. And traxxas is over priced. This would be a case of you DON'T get what you pay for, the hrb's were in the 20$-25$ range (I think I got them on amazon w/ coupon codes) The traxxas poop was like 50$ for 5000ah and 76$ for 7600mah.... Over priced but at the time I didn't know any better..

With that said I've had the hardpacks for a few months ran them thru all of my vehicles and have no issues the softpack hrbs' I've not had much of a change to really run the 3s soft packs more then maybe 5 or 6 times mostly all thru my notorious as the first time I ran 6s on my revo it killed the whole truck. . . .

So at the very least I would suggest HRB hardpacks, and perhaps down the line assuming the HRB soft packs causes no issue would rec those as well, the youme look just like the hrb just different lable/wrapper so I wouldn't be surprised if there similar/same just another wrapper... Or they could be those zop flureon look alikes.. who knows..

Jesus guys, i KNOW that most of you can afford $100 to $120 a piece batteries...and I know they're probably considered cheap tmo you, but try to remind yourself not everyone makes real money in this lifetime, and if $40 to $50 a battery are all I can afford, I really don't need to be reminded that "$120 a battery is cheap"...that isnt helpful to those of use living below middle class, close to poverty levels....

Also, the SMC's look promising, but are on back order, so who knows when I would get them...I'll look up the Lectrons now...

You are in the wrong hobby if you are close to the poverty level. Seriously.

Wow, your guys' ideas of "budget" batteries is funny! Buget to me would be no more than $50 a battery, yet you guys are throwing suggestions for $100-120 each batteries like they're cheap!
Another thing to keep in mind is that those $100-$120 lipos that people are recommending are 6s lipos. So they are the equiviilant to buying two 3s batteries. If anyone found a 6s lipo for under $50, I don't think I would trust it in my rig. But yes, 3s batteries for $50 or under are fine but when you buy two of them for your 6s car you are right up to that $100 mark again.

Jeez, i was told 3s 5000 25 was enough power for the Nero I just bought...I keep getting conflicting info..what are the smallest batteries that have enough juice to power the Nero around at maybe half speed for like 30 minutes at a time? I don't need ridiculous speed, etc, until i get some experience driving the dang thing...

This tells me he is looking for a single 3s battery that has enough power to run his Nero. Just one 3s lipo the bare minimum to try to get it going for ~30 minutes and 50% of 6s speed. You could get a couple 3s packs and run them in parallel (adapter) with a loop plug on one of the esc plugs for more runtime. I don't really care for using adapters though.

1/8th scale is not the kind of r/c you get when looking to go cheap on batteries.

Nah, pretty sure he meant he needed TWO 3S batteries, as that is what the Nero takes..one 3S in each side pod....

Nah, pretty sure he meant he needed TWO 3S batteries, as that is what the Nero takes..one 3S in each side pod....
You can run the Nero, or any of the 1/8 Arrma vehicles on 3s, 4s and 6s, so he could very well be running it on a single 3s battery.

i got a $89 hobby star. Bet its as good as my $120 lectron.

So I took my BRCC out this morning ran a bunch of packs thru it, 4 HRB Hard packs 2s 6000... This is where poop gets weird, The car did not go into LVC and slow down first like it does with any other batteries,,,, It just STOPED responding.. So I swapped out batteries and again.. 4 times with HRB Hardcase 6000mah 2s...So I checked volts.. THERE 3.8!!! WHAT THE fiddlestick!?

I put a traxxas in Ran it till LVC kicked in which slowed the car to a crawl then a dead stop which is NORMAL..

What happened with the HRBS is not normal they should have ran down to at least 3.4V or 3.2 I forgot what the cut off was.

Anyway Any idea what the fiddlestick?

gonna cross post in the BRCC forum just in case this gets no exposer.

What HRB packs specifically and where did you get them? Got a link?

Wondering what a lipo alarm would have told you while you were running.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=lipo+alarm&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1

I got a few of those to check my packs when they start acting weird.

Thats what I've been using to test my cells which spat out 3.8V when the car died, I ran the packs thru again with the 185 blx and lvc kicked in at 3.6v with the meter while not under load. (Under load its likely they hit 3.4 or near and the car slowed to a crawl)

Picked the cells up off amazon the 6000mah Hardpacks https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XRV9XHB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Theres no way 4 different packs which were all purchased at different times, went tits up at EXACTLY 3.8V each. the probability don't add up.. So I pulled the ESC and sent it in for warranty.

Hobbystar. I run their 2-4 S of varying capacity and they far exceed my expectations. Fairly cheap too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back