What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. Purschased a brushed granite mega a month ago and am already over nimh batteries. Looking for input on a lipo 2s battery and charger for it
Get some of the hoovo or zeee 2s batteries on amazon prime days right now. They are both under $30 for (2) 2s lipo’s ??

I just bought 4 of the 3s batteries from hoovo and they all just came today. ?? (just bought them from yesterday’s prime deals) They were all balanced well and I’m gonna take em for a test in a bit.

What charger would you recommend with it. And thank you
What is your budget for a charger? Didn’t even ask that question up front ??‍♂️ But with those deals on those 2s batteries you couldn’t go wrong with em.

Also, do you plan on expanding your collection or are you just going to stick to the one rig and to the 1/10 scale size? Lots of questions but I’m trying to figure out weather to recommend a dual + or if it needs to go beyond like a 3s battery..

What is your budget for a charger? Didn’t even ask that question up front ??‍♂️ But with those deals on those 2s batteries you couldn’t go wrong with em.

Also, do you plan on expanding your collection or are you just going to stick to the one rig and to the 1/10 scale size? Lots of questions but I’m trying to figure out weather to recommend a dual + or if it needs to go beyond like a 3s battery..
I will be buying a Denton and probably another arrma very shortly so one that could handle 2-6s charging. Budget wise I’d like to stay under 70 if possible
Senton I meant :cool:

I will be buying a Denton and probably another arrma very shortly so one that could handle 2-6s charging. Budget wise I’d like to stay under 70 if possible
Senton I meant :cool:
Charger is really a user preference thing. For simplicity I’ve just been using my Traxxas chargers with adaptors. I know these aren’t the best but I’ve had them laying around since when I had my Traxxas cars..

I can’t really suggest to you something I’ve not owned.. sorry man, maybe some charger guru’s can chime in.. I think there is a sticky in the electronics section for chargers tho. Maybe take a peak. ✌?

So I'll apologize in advance as I can imagine this topic has been covered before, however I can't find a decisive conclusion.
Is it okay to run three packs, all the same brand + C rating + capacity but of differing cell counts?
I intend to run 15s and I would like to run Turnigy Graphene Panther packs, 6S x2 + 3S x1.

Cheers.

So I'll apologize in advance as I can imagine this topic has been covered before, however I can't find a decisive conclusion.
Is it okay to run three packs, all the same brand + C rating + capacity but of differing cell counts?
I intend to run 15s and I would like to run Turnigy Graphene Panther packs, 6S x2 + 3S x1.

Cheers.
As long as they are all the same mah size, it should be OK. You are essentially running 5 x 3S packs.

Gens Ac for me. Purple ones or higher, I don't use the Basher branded ones.

Last edited:
Well, the liperior 45C and 65C have been performing well for me so far. I run the 45C in my ERBEv2 with a max6/blx2050kv and the 65C's in my outcast with the same motor/esc. I think I have 4-6 runs through all 6 of the packs I've used so far and they are performing really well. The 45C's are a bit thinner/lighter which fit in my ERBEv2 battery bays well. The one gripe I have is the short balance plug wires. Will see how these hold up next year as I likely won't get too many more cycles on them in the winter. Will likely just beat on my HRB5000mah 3S packs if I break the revo out.

I just purchased a Kraton 6S V5 plus I bought a 6S 22.2v 5000mh 100c battery should I also get a 4S 14.8 100c battery I read somewhere that the 6S might be too much for small areas and to use the 4s for that? Thanks

I just purchased a Kraton 6S V5 plus I bought a 6S 22.2v 5000mh 100c battery should I also get a 4S 14.8 100c battery I read somewhere that the 6S might be too much for small areas and to use the 4s for that? Thanks
You can simply turn the throttle down to 50% instead of buying another battery.

When I got into this hobby about a year ago, I quickly found out that cost can be a barrier to entry if you make bad purchases and bad decisions. When I decided to make the switch to LiPo batteries, I did a ton of research on "budget" LiPo batteries on various online forums. I was looking for a battery that was reliable, good quality, and one that would not break the bank. With that being said, I decided on 2 suppliers: SPC Racing Batteries and SMC Racing Batteries. I run a 5000mAh, 50C, 2S SPC Racing LiPo ($33) in my Fury BLX and could not be happier with the performance. I also run a pair of 2500mAh, 50C, 2S SPC Racing LiPos ($20 each) in my mini E-Revo and a 5000mAh, 50C, 3S SMC Racing LiPo ($40) in my Axial Yeti.

So, what's your battery of choice? Hopefully this thread can help out someone who is just getting into the hobby or someone who is looking for a different pack to try.
Call me a Kevin Talbot fanboy if you want but I have been running zop power lipos in my rigs for a few months now and they have been perfect so thats my recommendation or I haven't tried these but I've also heard good things about zeee and ovonic batteries thought its really up to you in the end.

Hey guys! Just wondering if these would be appropriate for a 3s Blx Senton? Wasn't 100% sure if the mah was a bit high. Cheers!

Screenshot_20201122-080010_eBay.jpg

Hey guys! Just wondering if these would be appropriate for a 3s Blx Senton? Wasn't 100% sure if the mah was a bit high. Cheers!

View attachment 110245
Yes those will work fine. You might have to remove the battery block to get it to fit, but that’s simple.

Higher mAh is more power and more run time so it can’t really be too high. It can be to big to fit or too heavy certainly, but more mAh = better. As technology advances we have seen higher energy density and that is a very good thing.

The EXB trays don’t really have a limit. They are open ended with a very long strap and plenty of chassis space behind the tray.

View attachment 104521

You don't need the Front Lip or Battery locks in these battery trays . in Kratons or Mojaves either.
Kraton V4 and V5 you need remove these i think if you want 8s fit.
My Brother have remove it. He drives 8s in his 1/8 Kraton V4 almost 1year now.
He only have one extra strap from side. And never had any issues.
All V4 Kraton Owners just need remove the front lip (Battery block) if you want go 8s.
You only need one extra side Strap after you remove the Blocker.

He also got Mojave EXB. He need remove the front lip when use 8s in this car also

I want 8s self to my new EXB Kraton later.

Bash on
Hobbystar ❤

Where do you buy these?

What C rate they got ? Price ?

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Any other great Budget Lipos in EU ?

Need 3s Lipos Minium 6000mah 60c or more
And 4s also. Minium 6000mah 70c or more

Need fast shipping.
No extra Customs duty.
EU Only for me please.

I like to avoid China and U.S

Need them fast now

Last edited:
Any other great Budget Lipos in EU ?

Need 3s Lipos Minium 6000mah 60c or more
And 4s also. Minium 6000mah 70c or more

Need fast shipping.
No extra Customs duty.
EU Only for me please.

I like to avoid China and U.S

Need them fast now
Hobbyking sells plenty of batteries, just make sure you order from the EU warehouse.
I can't really speak for whether they're "budget" or not, I value performance more than anything and the Turnigy Rapid/Graphene Panther packs have treated me well so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back