What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys, guess I'm just tired....I wasnt THAT upset, i just get little defensive.....I know things are cheap for a reason, but this is my first RC experience, who even knows if Ill like it enough to stay in the hobby, so spending $400-$500 on batteries doesn't make sense until I know I like the hobby and will be sticking around awhile...does that make sense?

Jeez, i was told 3s 5000 25 was enough power for the Nero I just bought...I keep getting conflicting info..what are the smallest batteries that have enough juice to power the Nero around at maybe half speed for like 30 minutes at a time? I don't need ridiculous speed, etc, until i get some experience driving the dang thing...

Sorry guys, guess I'm just tired....I wasnt THAT upset, i just get little defensive.....I know things are cheap for a reason, but this is my first RC experience, who even knows if Ill like it enough to stay in the hobby, so spending $400-$500 on batteries doesn't make sense until I know I like the hobby and will be sticking around awhile...does that make sense?
Completely.

an yet that article above states that all the c rating stuff is BS, especially those rated over 50c?, so 25c isnt enough? God this is frustrating...lol!

Jeez, i was told 3s 5000 25 was enough power for the Nero I just bought...I keep getting conflicting info..what are the smallest batteries that have enough juice to power the Nero around at maybe half speed for like 30 minutes at a time? I don't need ridiculous speed, etc, until i get some experience driving the dang thing...
Are you looking for something for less than $50 a piece or for both?
Turnigy HDs https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-heavy-duty-5000mah-3s-60c-lipo-pack-w-xt-90.html?___store=en_us
try the coupon code hobbyking10 at checkout for 10% off.

Last edited:
an yet that article above states that all the c rating stuff is BS, especially those rated over 50c?, so 25c isnt enough? God this is frustrating...lol!
With C rates you treat the lower c rate batteries as that brands low end battery, so their 25c battery might only be a true 10c battery, whereas their 50c battery will be much higher than that. Like the 25c Turnigy will be their low tier battery while the one I post above is one of their higher tier batteries. This is why SMC lists the amp rating on their batteries.
Never expect one companies 50c battery to be the same as the next companies 50c battery.

Tbh I would just purchase a single pack and run it through a few cycles in your rig and see if you like it. If not try a different brand. Either way you will still have the first battery to go back to and slowly accumulate packs.

Tbh I would just purchase a single pack and run it through a few cycles in your rig and see if you like it. If not try a different brand. Either way you will still have the first battery to go back to and slowly accumulate packs.
He has to use 2 3s, no way a 6s will fit. He has a Nero.

But anywho, I run the Turnigy HD 5000mah 50c 6s and besides fitting the battery tray a bit snug, is an amazing battery. So I would safely assume that those 3s Turnigy HDs should be just as good.

-edit- to add too this, best band for your buck is going to be Turnigy Graphene or Turnigy Panthers.

Maxamps is overpriced junk. HRB is hit or miss. My uncle lost a plane because of a bad HRB battery. That's all it took for me to never consider them. Venom batteries suck. SMC is a good battery, a lot of guys I used to race with ran SMC batteries and never had problems. IMO Thunder Power is the standard for batteries, but they are pricey. Lectron is an awesome battery, and at a good price.

I have come to LOVE gensacearespammers/Tattu batteries. Great quality and good price. I do not have a 6s Arrma, but I own several 6s powered EDF(electric ducted fan) planes. EDF's put an extreme load on batteries. They will puff a battery quick! And if a battery fails in the air, it usually ends up in a hundred pieces on the ground lol. I have six Gen Ace 5000mah 45c batteries that have had 80-100 flights each over the past 2 years. None of them are puffed. I have about 20 gensacearespammers batteries for my cars, quads,and planes. I have had 1 gensacearespammers/tattu battery puff, it is a 4s 5000mah. Can't recommend them enough. I don't think $114 is that bad a price.

batteries.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Gens-ace-T-REX550-Multirotors-Helicopters/dp/B016UI8DMW

Maxamps is overpriced junk. HRB is hit or miss. My uncle lost a plane because of a bad HRB battery. That's all it took for me to never consider them. Venom batteries suck. SMC is a good battery, a lot of guys I used to race with ran SMC batteries and never had problems. IMO Thunder Power is the standard for batteries, but they are pricey. Lectron is an awesome battery, and at a good price.

I have come to LOVE gensacearespammers/Tattu batteries. Great quality and good price. I do not have a 6s Arrma, but I own several 6s powered EDF(electric ducted fan) planes. EDF's put an extreme load on batteries. They will puff a battery quick! And if a battery fails in the air, it usually ends up in a hundred pieces on the ground lol. I have six Gen Ace 5000mah 45c batteries that have had 80-100 flights each over the past 2 years. None of them are puffed. I have about 20 gensacearespammers batteries for my cars, quads,and planes. I have had 1 gensacearespammers/tattu battery puff, it is a 4s 5000mah. Can't recommend them enough. I don't think $114 is that bad a price.

View attachment 26704

Yeah that puffed up battery I posted above was a Venom, their Bias line.

View attachment 26704

I've been eyeballing those tattu packs for a minute now...you say you like them.?

But anywho, I run the Turnigy HD 5000mah 50c 6s and besides fitting the battery tray a bit snug, is an amazing battery. So I would safely assume that those 3s Turnigy HDs should be just as good.

-edit- to add too this, best band for your buck is going to be Turnigy Graphene or Turnigy Panthers.

I've had 4 turnigy batteries; two 3s and two Graphene for race quads. While they were a very good price, I did not have the same experience as you. Both 3s batteries puffed and the graphenes sagged hard under load after about 5 flights.

Yeah that puffed up battery I posted above was a Venom, their Bias line.
I had one surface venom battery for my SCT, puffed it. They did warranty it though, no questions asked. I have 4 Venom Fly batteries, 2 puffed on a very mild prop plane I have(Eflite T-28). I relegated venom lipos to run my son's nerf and airsoft guns lol

I've been eyeballing those tattu packs for a minute now...you say you like them.?
I LOVE them! Great battery for the price.

I had one surface venom battery for my SCT, puffed it. They did warranty it though, no questions asked. I have 4 Venom Fly batteries, 2 puffed on a very mild prop plane I have(Eflite T-28). I relegated venom lipos to run my son's nerf and airsoft guns lol

I LOVE them! Great battery for the price.
I'll have to try em.. Are they made by gens-ace-r-spam?

I think gensacearespammers is the parent company. Tattu and Tattu R-Line is their line of batteries for quads. I usually buy from amazon for the free shipping.

https://www.gensacearespammers.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhJ_ktP_a3wIVTFqGCh0SqQF-EAAYASAAEgIeWPD_BwE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back