Infraction Whats your car weigh w/o packs or body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m super curious to find out what mines going to weigh in at. Heavier than yours for sure though.
I weigh everything, imo weight distribution is big for help car go straight on build up.when it gos from from 0-100% throttle from start to lifting its amazing,very hard to get car this way,but when it's right it's awesome.for me I can clearly hear my steering input on my videos.under 10lbs seams light,I've got mostly stock parts,heavier esc an 5670,I've removed alot of unnecessary weight though. I was expecting 12lb+ out of the 1/7 but Diem at 11lbs is surprising

Would i not want more weight up front? To try counteract the negative aero effects? Trying to understand all the lingo yet apply it to my application here, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating asked questions

9 lbs 13 oz for the stretched typhon.

16689161080827896735830754508394.jpg

Would i not want more weight up front? To try counteract the negative aero effects? Trying to understand all the lingo yet apply it to my application here, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating asked questions
Front weight helped my infraction a lot. It was battery weight but they got destroyed and the packs I got to replace them had to be spread out more. I have yet to get it to drive as good as when it had more nose weight

I'm still learning, but from some experience this year seams that more weight up front has helped with CAR DARTING( what I call car going either left or right on its own at a certain speed during a run).adding weight seams to help this.then it'll be good till car gos faster then more darting,added weight an all good again,etc,etc was the case with my plastic chassis vendetta.every setup is diffrent though.this was just my experience with detta this year not sure if it applies to heavier cars,but I'll try it first if other cars start acting this way....
9 lbs 13 oz for the stretched typhon.

View attachment 257283

Front weight helped my infraction a lot. It was battery weight but they got destroyed and the packs I got to replace them had to be spread out more. I have yet to get it to drive as good as when it had more nose weight
That's very light.wow

I really dig how far you've progressed this past year my man, also love the fact you share both your successes & shortcomings (I hate calling them failures, because you're helping us all learn!) You've got really promising numbers in your future, can feel it!!!! Better road & those #s are gonna go thru the roof!!!😃👍🤘Really impressive so far 😀😀

I weigh everything, imo weight distribution is big for help car go straight on build up.when it gos from from 0-100% throttle from start to lifting its amazing,very hard to get car this way,but when it's right it's awesome.for me I can clearly hear my steering input on my videos.under 10lbs seams light,I've got mostly stock parts,heavier esc an 5670,I've removed alot of unnecessary weight though. I was expecting 12lb+ out of the 1/7 but Diem at 11lbs is surprising
Don't get it twisted. I do care about weight distribution, I'm just not anal retentive about it. I've found that with the ESC and cap pack on one side and the motor, servo and electronics box on the other, my car is close enough to balanced L/R. If I were doing slalom with the car, I'd be all over weight distribution like sauer on kraut. When putting the batteries in my car, I do try to keep them forward so as to keep the weight on the front tires. I might be overthinking this, but I can't help but think that steering is important and I want to prevent the car from going light on the front axle. But the placement is partially dependent on which packs I'm running. If I'm using my ginormous G-Ace packs, the go a little further back just because of their size.

Ok...I knew my new VTE was going to be lighter than my Infraction for obvious reasons. I just didn't realize by how much. The car sans batteries and body comes in at a lean 7.7lbs (7lbs. 11oz.).
Yea man. The hobaos are super light especially with carbon chassis.
Looking forward to that build,
I plan to build one as wel but not until some other cars are done. Great choice

Yea man. The hobaos are super light especially with carbon chassis.
Looking forward to that build,
I plan to build one as wel but not until some other cars are done. Great choice
Thanks. Yeah, I have to say, I'm really loving the build quality of this thing. It's super slick. I'll definitely follow this up with a brief build thread in the coming days.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back