What's your opinion on nuclear energy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bean

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I'm for.

Pros
  • Basically free
  • No greenhouse gasses, exept for water vapor from the cooling towers
  • (One of the) safest energysources (deaths per watt)
  • We currently have uranium for 300 yrs of power for all of mankind, but for ten thousands of years if we use more efficient designs
  • Waste can be stored safely, for example the dutch 'Oranje doos' (orange box) storage plant can withstand an airplane crash
Cons
  • Plants are expensive and cost a lot of time to build
    • during that time, governments may shut it down because of "nUclEAr EnERgY iS BaD"
  • If you don't maintain a plant properly, it may explode. Mostly a problem with poorer countries
    • Chernobyl
  • Natural disasters can be disastrous. This shouldn't be a problem in most of the world, only for countries like Japan, wich has a lot of earthquakes.
    • Fukushima
  • If you can build a nuclear plant, you can also make a nuclear bomb
  • Cheap companies may just dump waste in the ocean, like in the '70.

Are you for or against? France is using nuclear energy for 75% of their electricity, and I haven't ever heard of a nuclear accident there.
The only real con to me is that poorer militaries may build bombs with them.

Do you think there are any better alternatives? Hydroelectricity is also great, but a large part of the world, like the BeNeLux is to flat

I think you have a good overview of the Pro's and Con's.

I'm for nuclear energy as well, but with caution. It is an energy source that must be respected.

Ideally, it should be managed by scientists and in the absolute safest way possible, no matter the country. Basically, politicians and bean counters should have very limited influence on the decisions being taken. Yes, I know that's not going to happen, unfortunately. :(

I'm for nuclear energy.

I have LOTS to say about energy in general and what the most recent administration did here in the USA but I'm trying to practice
"SAFE SPEECH" for all the fragile snowflakes that either cant handle the TRUTH or conveniently don't want to hear it. :)

Last edited:
I have LOTS to say about energy in general and what the most recent administration did here in the USA but I'm trying to practice
"SAFE SPEACH" for all the fragile snowflakes that either cant handle the TRUTH or conveniently don't want to hear it. :)
*Speech

I'm for nuclear energy.

"SAFE SPEACH" for all the fragile snowflakes that either cant handle the TRUTH or conveniently don't want to hear it. :)
You're entitled to your opinion regardless of what another's point of view is 🤷‍♂️🤙👌

For some reason the green political parties don't realize the potential and clean-ness of nuclear energy. Only the political parties who don't give an f about the environment prefer these over other green options for some reason
Ideally, it should be managed by scientists and in the absolute safest way possible, no matter the country. Basically, politicians and bean counters should have very limited influence on the decisions being taken. Yes, I know that's not going to happen, unfortunately. :(
That's a very good point

I'm for.

Pros
  • Basically free
  • No greenhouse gasses, exept for water vapor from the cooling towers
  • (One of the) safest energysources (deaths per watt)
  • We currently have uranium for 300 yrs of power for all of mankind, but for ten thousands of years if we use more efficient designs
  • Waste can be stored safely, for example the dutch 'Oranje doos' (orange box) storage plant can withstand an airplane crash
Cons
  • Plants are expensive and cost a lot of time to build
    • during that time, governments may shut it down because of "nUclEAr EnERgY iS BaD"
  • If you don't maintain a plant properly, it may explode. Mostly a problem with poorer countries
    • Chernobyl
  • Natural disasters can be disastrous. This shouldn't be a problem in most of the world, only for countries like Japan, wich has a lot of earthquakes.
    • Fukushima
  • If you can build a nuclear plant, you can also make a nuclear bomb
  • Cheap companies may just dump waste in the ocean, like in the '70.

Are you for or against? France is using nuclear energy for 75% of their electricity, and I haven't ever heard of a nuclear accident there.
The only real con to me is that poorer militaries may build bombs with them.

Do you think there are any better alternatives? Hydroelectricity is also great, but a large part of the world, like the BeNeLux is to flat
The only downside I see is it could potentially cause chaos and danger amongst the US. That is, in fact if a rival country chooses to start a war or plan terrorist attacks. Keeping in mind, we are the strongest country but anything is possible. 🤷‍♂️

I'm for nuclear energy.

"SAFE SPEECH" for all the fragile snowflakes that either cant handle the TRUTH or conveniently don't want to hear it. :)

Aw.
Blind Date GIF by Originals

I live 2 miles from Limerick Nuclear power plant. Watch them build it in the ‘80’s. Last I checked it is the most densely populated nuke in the country. Took until now for our property value to finally come back...I yeah, I love nuclear, every city should have one, you can see them from everywhere within a 30mile radius, cover everything with water vapor dust every morning, and always that feeling it’s going to melt down and take everything you hold dear with it. Forgot the iodine capsules, you have to take those, can’t forget the iodine, kiss your ass good bye without those. Yeah, everyone loves nukes especially those that don’t have one and will never have one down the street. I tell visiting friends it’s a trout hatchery...yeh, go nukes instead of no nukes...forgot about the giant casks you need to house the spent fuel rods for a couple thousands years. Make sure the have that on site in your neighborhood too...like they do here..don’t think it can’t happen...

Last edited:
All I know is thanks to creepy joe gas prices are WAY up. Bet $5.00 a gallon by July. I am for nuclear energy by now we should have the technology to make it much safer.

All I know is thanks to creepy joe gas prices are WAY up. Bet $5.00 a gallon by July. I am for nuclear energy by now we should have the technology to make it much safer.
$5 a gallon? We pay €2 ($2.40) per liter, so almost $10 per gallon

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back