What's your radio of choice in 2021?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many radio's are awesome, but once you go Noble...

As soon as you own more than 2 500$+ RC cars I think you should not cheap out on the radio. Sure many budget radio's more than adequate and I can agree with everyone else's personal purchase justification. But why control your expensive RC's with a Toyota steer when one single purchase can make all of them feel like a Mercedes.

But why control your expensive RC's with a Toyota steer when one single purchase can make all of them feel like a Mercedes.
I’m so ashamed at how awfully dirty my radios get, I don’t deserve something that nice...

I have a DX5c for most of my rigs a couple run AVC, a Futaba 3PM FASST for my speed car and I also have a spare Tactic TTX just incase...
Oh and my O8s is still using its stock radio.

Ooh, the DX5 pro looks very nice. I hadn't considered it but having a closer look it seems I should. One thing which looks odd in pictures of it, why is the steering wheel positioned so low? Is it comfortable?

Ooh, the DX5 pro looks very nice. I hadn't considered it but having a closer look it seems I should. One thing which looks odd in pictures of it, why is the steering wheel positioned so low? Is it comfortable?
It is yes. You can remove it and position it however you like. Comes with bunch of adaptors and extra steering wheel.

My test range was 512 yards for the dx5pro .

I have had the RTR radios. I now have a 3 main radios split amongst all my 17 rigs. The DX5C, Noble NB4 and the RC6GS. The RC6 has the best range hands down. Im using the Dual antenna rx now and latest F/W update. The Noble is the worst in range IF you are using the SPORT Rx with no antenna. There was a F/W update that gets way better range using the Standard Rx( with antenna). I see a great difference in range now. The Flysky Sport Rx is tiny and is best for Track use. Not bashing or speed running but was included with the Noble. The Noble has the best Frame rates IMHO. The RC6GS is less refined, but at 1/4 the price. $80. I would not buy another Spektrum DX5C radio again. The Rx's are very costly and performance is not all that. I feel the Spektrum Gyros suck. I have been experimenting with stand alone Gyros.. I recently got 2 SkyRC GC-401 gyros. I think standalone gyros work better than Rx Gyros. From my experience so far. I wouldn't let non Gyro Rx's be any deal breaker with any decent radio.

@SrC

DX5C compared with RC6GS - go!

I'm leaning heavily towards the RC6GS or the Futaba 4PM.

Radiolink appeals due to the range, feature set and dirt cheap receivers. Futaba is costly for the radio, receivers aren't the cheapest but not as pricey as Spektrum. Though the Futaba isn't as readily available, whereas Spektrum and Radiolink products are easy to buy from a variety of places.

Spektrum receives are super expensive over here. Even the basic 2ch receivers near triple digits, makes it expensive to deck out all my vehicles.

Another vote for radiolink rc6gs. I have 5 receivers now. Excellent range and response. Has all the settings. It is definitely a bit cumbersome compared to some higher end models. But you can buy a ton of extra receivers for the cost savings. I love it

Absolutely love my Flysky Noble NB4 🥰
I had the Noble in my basket on HobbyKing for a couple of weeks as it was the cheapest anyway and with a discount even better, but got carried away trying to form a bundle with everyone (car/servo/batts etc...) that by the time i was 100% on the car the Noble was oos in the UK warehouse, other warehouses will incur import duty, but eventually, even that went oos after i'd decided to buy it anyway... now waiting for delivery to warehouse and ruing my stupidity for not just buying individual items, as evey review and demonstration I've seen on the noble looks brilliant, and the construction is whats really making it another level too... I cant wait to get hold of it :love:
I sold the RC6Gs V2 for the Noble NB4. If you need over 800 ft range the Noble will need a signal booster, but other than that it is on another level.
glad to hear... what sort of length would you give the small FTR4 controller? bashing across a football field ? or No? comes with 2 of those on HobbyKing... I'll order an 8 0r 10 ift works anyway but be nice to cover that distance?

Radiolink RC6GS all the way for me! Been using it for all my cars for ~1yr now. I love the range for speedruns & the tunability it has. And for the price, it's a win win for me, in my opinion at least. I haven't tried a really high end controller before so I can't really compare. But this controller does what I need it to do.... Move my cars & handle range for my speedrun setups 😎👍

I have the Flysky, Radiolink, and Dumbo and one thing to consider that I don’t think anyone’s mentioned yet is the durability of the transmitter itself.

All three have performed very well but the radio link external antenna snapped off one day when I was putting it into my backpack. Tried all different kinds of ways to fix it, but they never work since the antenna is supposed to twist around.

Given the ergonomic design, durability, features, and easy to use interface, I don’t think you can go wrong with the fly sky. Range definitely isn’t quite as good as the others tho.

rc6gs for me and rc4gs cheap and best new range of Rx have baterry date I have flysky and I sold it .range awesome

I have a dx5c also 4px and 7pxr and dumbro. The futabas ARE AWESOME but pricey. The distance of the dumbro is really good. I don't like the dx5c as the lag is sickning. The connection you have with the other transmitters are remarkable.

Using Traxxas tqi (with bluetooth) on my x-maxx, my son’s 4s maxx, and also using it on my Kraton 6s...
My daughter’s granite is running the v2 infraction radio set up with AVC...
And my infraction has the spectrum DX5 rugged radio system... newer version with updated menu control...

All have their own radio... I let a lot of people use my stuff so one radio for all the trucks doesn’t work for me...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back