What's your radio of choice in 2021?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I let a lot of people use my stuff so one radio for all the trucks doesn’t work for me...
I have the same dilemma. I want to consolidate as much as possible but need to keep some cars on their RTR radios so multiple people can play.

Any love for the Dumborc X6?
My favorite all I use you can bind up to ten receivers to one radio and it automatically recognizes it receivers are tiny fit in anything and six channel can plug a multitude of stuff into them range and response is really good. Radio and receiver is $35 on Banggood and receivers are $12 what’s not to like about them for a Basher now racing that’s a different story.

I really like the DX5C and I'm sure I will replace it with the same thing when it gives up on me. Reasonably priced and does everything I need it to do.
I like the rugged as well but I'm having problem with being able to hook up a Servo winch without it browning out my reverse function

Dumb orc- quick, sooper cheap, easy, but no tuneability, and kinda twitchy after awhile. Great starter, and way better than rtr, but eventually you want more out of it. For cars that stay on the ground, I love it, but for air control, I don't. No regerts at all, but they're temporary.
Dx5c- feature packed (not super simple to program, but easy enough for a hack like me to figure out- with help), good feel, but laggy for speed applications- sometimes causing a lawn dart moment instead of a properly rotated double backflip, and rx's are stoopid spendy. I do kinda love it for crawling, though. Good upgrade from rtr, but ultimately you'll want it to be better than it is for the money. And receivers are too freaking much money. And I've read about range issues (never pushed it because of that)
Rc6gs- I feel the best connected to my rigs with this one. Cheap rx's, quick response, subtle tuneability, great range (haven't actually found the limit yet, but speed runs are coming), decent ergonomics, easy to program, and great overall price. rx's are cheap, and reliable so far, too. My only complaints are the old school switches that like to get caught on things, and how hard it is to drive one handed.
Rtr's have gotten better lately. I keep a few cars on them for kids to use before they get the whole throttle control thing down

We have awesome sticky threads for batteries and chargers, didn't spot one for radios. If there is in fact a thread for radios please inform me and I'll delete this thread and redirect.

Interested in hearing people's experiences with radios. I'm thinking about upgrading but not sure if it'll be worth my while.

Currently my best radio is the Spektrum DX5C. I can't really fault it all too much, aside from finding it slightly sluggish in response. I bought it for the model memory, I quite like AVC in some situations and most of my cars came with Spektrum receivers so it was a logical choice.

However as my fleet grows, I'm trying different brands (with non Spektrum electronics) and I'm getting into roller models, I'm looking for a final solution to bind multiple cars to. The DX5C is performing okay however the cost of receivers makes it an expensive option as the number of cars I have grow.

So I'm looking for a transmitter with inexpensive receivers, gyro capability, multiple model memory, responsiveness, and a range of adjustment options beyond the RTR radios. Super long range isn't really necessary but I'll take it as an added bonus. Likewise with telemetry capabilities.

Been researching the:
  • Futaba 4PM (seems to tick all the boxes sans a neat gyro integration and the most expensive option)
  • Flysky Noble FS-NB4 (same caveats as Futaba)
  • Flysky GT5 (cheap receivers with gyro built in)
  • Radiolink RC6GS (as per Fkysky GT5)
Can anyone offer any insights please?
I have the Noble. It has many of the features of high end transmitters but really affordable. Receivers are quite small and have telemetry capability for around 30 bucks. The Noble is the only transmitter under 300 bucks that doesn't look or feel cheap like the DX5C does (I own 2 of those). My only complaint is it's a bit hard to see the touch screen in sunlight. Some other high end radios also have this issue. Once you have the settings you want it's a non-issue at that point in my opinion. Go with the Noble. I guarantee you won't be disappointed

I had futaba be honest nice radio but we'll overpriced
Flysky I can complain only about range but very fancy for a price
But low prices
I had two radiolink r4gs and r6gs I built first with range extender WiFi 4w module and it is about 700-800 m in urban areas (loads of WiFi around) over 1000m outside I measured with my friend and 1k was well over what I can see at my age 🤣🤣🤣this built is for speed runs and bashing with Mojave as I loose range few times on large lawn or the delay was horrible
But your choice depends what you want to spend

I had futaba be honest nice radio but we'll overpriced
Flysky I can complain only about range but very fancy for a price
But low prices
I had two radiolink r4gs and r6gs I built first with range extender WiFi 4w module and it is about 700-800 m in urban areas (loads of WiFi around) over 1000m outside I measured with my friend and 1k was well over what I can see at my age 🤣🤣🤣this built is for speed runs and bashing with Mojave as I loose range few times on large lawn or the delay was horrible
But your choice depends what you want to spend
A longer receiver antenna fixes the range issues with the Flysky radio.

Has anyone tried the Noble NB4 pro? Does it resolve the range issue?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back