Kraton Whats your thoughts on the 4x4 4s line up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonnynino

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Just wanted to see what you guys think of the 4s line up. thinking about getting 1 as i only use 4s lipos and theres no point getting the 6s version. Also which parts should i stock up on. whats the weak points?

A-arms are available now and that is the weak point. They are only $8 a pair from Horizon, so it's a cheap and easy fix.

Standard upgrades should be rubber sealed bearings, adjustable motor mount, and new radio. Optional upgrades would be some better tires.

If you decide on the 4s Outcast, they come with good tires, so you wouldn't have to upgrade them and save a few bucks.
My only caveat is that the Outcast is a SWB truck, which makes tricks easier, but it is hard to drive fast. If you want more control at speed, go with the LWB Kraton and buy Outcast 4S Backflip LP tires.

My only caveat is that the Outcast is a SWB truck, which makes tricks easier, but it is hard to drive fast. If you want more control at speed, go with the LWB Kraton and buy Outcast 4S Backflip LP tires.
The reason I mentioned this is that OP wanted 6s Outcast and only has 4s lipo and is convinced it will be no fun on 4s.

So I relayed my comment on the 4s OC.

Just wanted to see what you guys think of the 4s line up. thinking about getting 1 as i only use 4s lipos and theres no point getting the 6s version. Also which parts should i stock up on. whats the weak points?
FWIW, I only run my 6s trucks on 4s. Bump the pinion a few teeth, and my Kraton and Typhon 6s perform great on 4s, and I have a LOT fewer breaks. Kraton 6s is a 45mph basher on 4s, and almost unbreakable.

Pointless, boring, slow? Never.?

FWIW, I only run my 6s trucks on 4s. Bump the pinion a few teeth, and my Kraton and Typhon 6s perform great on 4s, and I have a LOT fewer breaks. Kraton 6s is a 45mph basher on 4s, and almost unbreakable.

Pointless, boring, slow? Never.?
I have seen a few reviews on youtube and it says you have to upgrade the heck out of the 6s trucks for them to be unbreakable. Also was told that on 4s it will be between 30 and 35mph. am i being misled?

I have seen a few reviews on youtube and it says you have to upgrade the heck out of the 6s trucks for them to be unbreakable. Also was told that on 4s it will be between 30 and 35mph. am i being misled?

Nothing is unbreakable and when upgrading beyond the norm like some do, including myself, is to take punishments the 4s won't be able to take anyway. With 0 upgrades the 6s is tougher OTB.

Out of the box the 4s will most likely need shocks, or at least a refill on oil. If you do upgrade the shocks, and if the Typhon shocks fit the 4s, there's 80 bucks right there that could put you that much closer to a 6s.
I'm not saying don't get the 4s, a month ago I would have just because of parts availability, but I think they've got that covered now. I'm just saying if it's a matter of toughness yes the 4s will need less to upgrade it to it's max, but it's max is limited compared to the 6s's.

Yep!

Nothing is unbreakable and when upgrading beyond the norm like some do, including myself, is to take punishments the 4s won't be able to take anyway. With 0 upgrades the 6s is tougher OTB.

Out of the box the 4s will most likely need shocks, or at least a refill on oil. If you do upgrade the shocks, and if the Typhon shocks fit the 4s, there's 80 bucks right there that could put you that much closer to a 6s.
I'm not saying don't get the 4s, a month ago I would have just because of parts availability, but I think they've got that covered now. I'm just saying if it's a matter of toughness yes the 4s will need less to upgrade it to it's max, but it's max is limited compared to the 6s's.
People are bending chassis and blowing diffs on the 6s. or is it just if you go crazy on 6s power?

So if i were to get a 6s model, what pinion should i run it on 4s? I do bmx track bashing mainly and want decent speed, big jumps and the odd flip lol. hence why i was looking at the 4s version.
You could buy the E revo, heard they're bullit proof. Lol
lol, thats almost double the price of the arrma 6s. and they are not bullet proof lol

So if i were to get a 6s model, what pinion should i run it on 4s? I do bmx track bashing mainly and want decent speed, big jumps and the odd flip lol. hence why i was looking at the 4s version.

lol, thats almost double the price of the arrma 6s. and they are not bullet proof lol
Try it stock on 12T, then you can go up a couple to 14T.

I run mine on both 4s and 6s depending where I'm at and I have just as much fun on 4s.
I run 4s as well in more confined areas. Just as fun. Runs cooler also.

I’ve had mine a few months now, I’m not making YouTube videos or doing crazy stuff.

Run it at parks, tracks, and backyard stuff. Only thing that’s broken is a couple arms. Just replaced the radio and steer servo, and it’s definitely an improvement over the included one.

im so confused lol. on the one hand the 4s version i can reach 50mph and do stunts. no upgrades necessary. on the other hand the 6s is bigger more durable (some say lol) and not much slower. what should i do? lol

im so confused lol. on the one hand the 4s version i can reach 50mph and do stunts. no upgrades necessary. on the other hand the 6s is bigger more durable (some say lol) and not much slower. what should i do? lol
Flip a coin like everyone else! Lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back